2020 Entry Draft Thread Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Peterka was selected by Barrie at last year's Import Draft. I imagine they didn't protect him as he was available for London to take him this year.

I also noticed that Seattle had selected Stutzle last year in the Import Draft.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
You would be correct on both account officer ;)

Cop-dash-cam-dances.gif

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Why would they lose McMichael and Foudy?

Because they are both good enough to make the NHL. McMichael will only regress if he stays for a 4th OHL season. He's too good for that league.

Foudy is 20, he can even play in the AHL.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Catching up on The Athletic articles, Wheeler published a list of 10 underrated prospects.

What are you guys thoughts on the likes of: Vierling, Pashin, Heineman, Magnusson, Puutio and Edwards?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Catching up on The Athletic articles, Wheeler published a list of 10 underrated prospects.

What are you guys thoughts on the likes of: Vierling, Pashin, Heineman, Magnusson, Puutio and Edwards?

Vierling is a good sleeper pick because he was a high draft pick and then didn't hit his stride until he was traded out of Flint.

Heineman is a must have if we can. Big body. Unreal shot. Big time riser.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Vierling is a good sleeper pick because he was a high draft pick and then didn't hit his stride until he was traded out of Flint.

Heineman is a must have if we can. Big body. Unreal shot. Big time riser.
Yeah Wheeler mentioned how a trade often hurts a player's stock since there's a certain adjustment period. He's definitely intriguing.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Because they are both good enough to make the NHL. McMichael will only regress if he stays for a 4th OHL season. He's too good for that league.

Foudy is 20, he can even play in the AHL.
For some reasons, I thought you were talking about J-L Foudy.. Yeah Liam is going to turn pro but cant see McMicheal turning pro with Kuznetsov, Backstrom and Eller still under contract, there is no hurry to rush McMichael...

Locks

May 28, 2005
At 9 I think we'd have 2 of Perfetti/Raymond/Quinn. Perfetti and Raymond are so boom/bust they scare me a bit, so really hope Quinn would be there and be the pick.

If you look at Bob's final list, this scenario would happen if two players ranked after top 8 jump into top 8. One of them - Holtz - is highly possible judging by many lists. But the second one has to be a guy like Askarov or Lundell which is possible but not nearly as likely. I'd say it is more realistic that Quinn and one of Perfetti or Raymond will be there at eight. In any case, we should be getting a really good prospect at 9 to complement an already very strong pool.

And yes, I am a big fan of Quinn but if one Perfetti or Raymond is still there, that's a tough one.

lilmaxo

Jul 12, 2015
If raymond is available at 9, you can’t miss on that opportunity. Hes got a pretty high ceilling. He was a top 3 prospect just 12 months ago. His stock regressed only cauz he played 7-8 mins a night in the 4th best league in the world playing with mens.. skyhigh potential.. id go raymond over quinn 100%

Reactions: habsfan891

Locks

May 28, 2005
If raymond is available at 9, you can’t miss on that opportunity. Hes got a pretty high ceilling. He was a top 3 prospect just 12 months ago. His stock regressed only cauz he played 7-8 mins a night in the 4th best league in the world playing with mens.. skyhigh potential.. id go raymond over quinn 100%
Yes, it would be awfully tough to pass on Raymond, he is a legit top 5 talent and has a potential to be an offensive catalyst. This could be a situation like we had last year having to decide between Caufield, Krebs and Newhook. And if last year a situation like this was very unexpected but we got a lot of help (hey there, Oil and Phili), this year selecting at 9 and the quality at the top of the draft make it almost inevitable.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York

Still ranked #2 imo. He will be a slow build up, he won't (at least shouldn't) be in the NHL for a few years while he matures.

Frank JT

Feb 8, 2014

I agree. I heard that he fell in the rankings because he is less NHL ready than others in the top 10 (Still tin, he needs time to grow physicaly, etc.) and because he didn't progress as much as expected this year. He is a good project/prospect in our range.

Last edited:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Suzuki and Perfetti on a PP would be wild. Both with deceptive shots, amazing on-ice awareness and high-end playmaking.

Locks

May 28, 2005
Sam Cosentino was on hockey central yesterday, said Detriot likely to take Perfetti at 4. Ottawa likely take Sanderson over Drysdale at 5. He sees Stutzle going 2nd, Byfield 3rd.

Interesting. Grant said on Marinaro that from the intel he has he believes that Sanderson and Drysdale will go 4 and 5 to the Wings and Sens, respectively.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad