2020 Entry Draft Thread Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Price can't do anything right these days.... if he is one of the bigger reasons why we beat the Pens, he will be targeted and blamed as the reason why we didn't get a shot at Lafreniere. If he struggles against the Pens cause they have a better team that us, he sucks.

Ever since Bergevin paid him whatever he wanted so he stayed, he has been thrown under the bus.

What does the accomplishments he has outside of playing with the Habs mean? It means our management is as fault for not surrounding him with the right talent. Biggest Mistake Bergevin made was not trading Markov and Pleky and in 2012, they had a "rebound" year giving false hope for seasons to come. Galchenyuk was not a true center and struggled to be one while we didn't have much else to use in our prospect pool to trade for a center when they were available... Carter, Richards, ROR, RyJo.

You’re jumping to conclusions, at least with me, on him being to blame with this upcoming series. If he plays great and wins that is what he is paid do to.

He’s been thrown under the bus, I believe, cause he hasn’t lived up to his contract of being the #1 goalie in the NHL.

I agree the Habs didn’t surround him with enough talent. I wish they did, I think he would have had a Conn Smythe trophy to his name and would make this argument a lot easier for him being a franchise player. But his wins with Team Canada was aided by having the best roster in the international tournaments, that did help him win. He did play great in those tournaments though.

Anyways he’s on the cusp for me as being a franchise talent. I probably would have expected more vezina wins out of a franchise goalie. At least every year be in the running for the Vezina. But he’s been very elite, especially at his peak.

Of course my expectation are pretty high when it comes to franchise goalies, in the last few decades Hasek, Roy, and Brodeur have been franchise goalies. Is Price in that class?

Anyways I am a big Price fan and if Askarov can reach that level he’s worthy of being a top 10 pick, actually he’d be worthy of a top 5 pick if that were the case.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
While the following is great for his hall of fame resume what does this have to with the Canadiens: WJC Gold medal\Calder cup + MVP\Olympics Gold medal winner\World Cup winner?
It only proves how bad of a team we have been over the years...

When DD is your best center, you are in trouble... When Danault is your best center, you are in trouble...

Price will prove himself once this team reaches the next level with their kids, he carried a poor team for years, now will have the chance to win and end his carreer in full glory...

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
It only proves how bad of a team we have been over the years...

When DD is your best center, you are in trouble... When Danault is your best center, you are in trouble...

Price will prove himself once this team reaches the next level with their kids, he carried a poor team for years, now will have the chance to win and end his carreer in full glory...

Well Canada did have the best international rosters when he won with them. But yes the Habs rosters have sucked. I just think a franchise player should stand on the merits and successes of his franchise.

Anyways nothing would make me happier as a Habs fan than to see Price lift the Cup after accepting the Conn Smythe trophy in the future.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
lol by this logic no opinion could be disrespectful regardless of what it is

Hello, foundation of western civilization calling. An opinion is just an opinion. Now if you incite hate its something else...

I called Price elite, I was disrespecting Price personally. Pretty sure he left a voicemail telling me how hurt he was.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
IMO, it's disrespectful for our own fan base to value Price less than how his peers value him who play against him as competitors.

Wow. Because if I'm not a part of this groupthink fandom you are talking about this like I'm the enemy.

Anyway, this is a thread about drafting, not about Marxism in all of its idiotic forms.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad