2020 Entry Draft Thread Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeptunesTrident

Feb 22, 2007
Drysdale and Sanderson are the two obvious guys to target on D and we all know how scouts love D and centers... especially with size. I think the draft goes down like this..

1) Lafreniere
2) Kings pick Stutzle
3) Sens take Byfield
4) Wings take Drysdale or Rossi or Sanderson
5) Sens take one of Drysdale or Sanderson
6) Ducks are hard to predict IMO. Could go after anybody
7) Devils take either Sanderson or Holtz
8) Sabres take one of Askarov, Sanderson, or Holtz

At 9, I think the probability is one or Raymond, Sanderson, Askarov, Rossi will be there. I think Holtz is gone before 9 with that shot/size combo he has. If we get 9, hope I am wrong cause I want Holtz

If the above scenario plays out, I’d be very happy with Raymond @ 9. Raymond is neck and neck with Holtz in my eyes. They play different styles but don’t underestimate Raymond. He’s the real deal.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Just finished reading the latest Elliot Friedman 31 thoughts piece. In it there is a quote from Pierre Dorion that said his tiers for this draft broke down as follows "Lafreniere, then two players, then players four through 12, followed by 13 to 18 or 20."

After reading that Dorion quote I'm curious if the posters here who follow the draft closely agree with Dorion and his tiers for this draft?

Reactions: Frank JT

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Just finished reading the latest Elliot Friedman 31 thoughts piece. In it there is a quote from Pierre Dorion that said his tiers for this draft broke down as follows "Lafreniere, then two players, then players four through 12, followed by 13 to 18 or 20."

After reading that Dorion quote I'm curious if the posters here who follow the draft closely agree with Dorion and his tiers for this draft?
Hmm. Agree Laf is alone at the top. The consensus is Stutzle and Byfield as 2/3, but I have Drysdale in there myself.
The top 11 has been discussed many times

Lafreniere
Byfield
Stutzle
Drysdale
Rossi
Sanderson
Perfetti
Raymond
Holtz
Quinn
Askarov

as for Dorians 12th guy, my guess would be it’s a 3rd D or Lundell, though personally I like Jarvis, Mercer, and Holloway.

Reactions: sheed36

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

It seems very obvious to be honest.
1. Laf

2 to 3
Stutzle/Byfield

4 to 12
Drysdale
Raymond
Holtz
Sanderson
Askarov
Rossi
Quinn
Perfetti
Lundell

13 to 18 or 20
Jarvis
Holloway
Zary
Mercer
Lapierre
Amirov or Schneider or Guhle

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
It seems very obvious to be honest.
1. Laf

2 to 3
Stutzle/Byfield

4 to 12
Drysdale
Raymond
Holtz
Sanderson
Askarov
Rossi
Quinn
Perfetti
Lundell

13 to 18 or 20
Jarvis
Holloway
Zary
Mercer
Lapierre
Amirov or Schneider or Guhle

I don't follow draft eligible players very closely at all and mostly only see some of them play during the WJC pretty much. Usually about a month or so before the draft each year I read up on some of the top prospects and the prospects who posters here think the Habs may draft to familiarize myself with them a little bit. Thanks for the reply and info.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Lafreniere (1)

Stutzle/Byfield (2-3)

Drysdale (4)

Perfetti/Raymond/Holtz/Rossi/Askarov/Sanderson/Quinn (5-11)

Lundell/Zary/Mercer/Holloway/Schneider/Jarvis/Wallinder/Bourque (12-20)

So my guess is that he has Drysdale in the 4-11 group and adds in Lundell.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
There was an article on RDS last week saying that Hendrix Lapierre works à lot on his shot since November.

With his injury he decided To work on it and he sees a very big improvement.

Hendrix Lapierre is a top 10 talent of this draft. The team who Will draft him between 15-25 Will be seen as genius in 3,4 years from now

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
There was an article on RDS last week saying that Hendrix Lapierre works à lot on his shot since November.

Hendrix Lapierre is a top 10 talent of this draft. The team who Will draft him between 15-25 Will be seen as genius in 3,4 years from now

Yeah, sorry but a player with 15 career QMJHL goals is not a Top 10 talent in this draft.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012

A lot of big if’s here but if the NHL finishes it’s season and if the QMJHL starts on time a player like Lapierre could really improve his draft stock if he plays well early in the season.

Reactions: crosbyshow

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Tomorrow is the CHL Import Draft, should be interesting to see who might be coming over. On the prospects board there's a thread about and someone posted something about Daniil Gushchin might be a high pick. I've seen him a few times since he was a teammate of Pitlick's this year and his linemate so I could see the Habs being interested in him for sure.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
McKenzie on Sanderson :
«As previously mentioned, two of TSN’s 10 scouts have Sanderson as the top defenceman in the draft and ranked him third overall, behind only Lafreniere and Stutzle. He was No. 3 on the high side, No. 11 on the low side.»

I think Sanderson has 50/50 to go top8. If not, he will not go far after.
Got a feeling McCagg is one of these scouts as he has him at 3 I believe.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016

That’s the same as most rankings tiers. The usual 8 then Sanderson, Quinn, Askarov and Lundell rounding out the 12.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016

Of course RDS says this. They think every QC player is a god.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Lafreniere (1)

Stutzle/Byfield (2-3)

Drysdale (4)

Jarvis could also be in that top 12 over Lundell. He’s made big strides.

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
Tomorrow is the CHL Import Draft, should be interesting to see who might be coming over. On the prospects board there's a thread about and someone posted something about Daniil Gushchin might be a high pick. I've seen him a few times since he was a teammate of Pitlick's this year and his linemate so I could see the Habs being interested in him for sure.

Marat Khusnutdinov with the Otters... If he decides to play in the OHL next season, his draft stock will improve quite a lot.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Got a feeling McCagg is one of these scouts as he has him at 3 I believe.

Heard him on TSN690 this morning and he does have Sanderson ranked 3rd in his ranking.

That’s the same as most rankings tiers. The usual 8 then Sanderson, Quinn, Askarov and Lundell rounding out the 12.

Yeah I'm not much of a draft guy until usually about a month or so before the draft so I just ask questions here to the draft guys to familiarize myself with some of these draft eligible players and who the Habs might select.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Bob polls scouts of actual NHL teams so Grant wouldn't be one of them
They know each other so wouldn't be surprised if he used him as one of his sources being a previous (short-lived) NHL scout

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
McCagg was on TSN690 with Marinaro today (as has been mentioned in the thread already). When Tony asked him that if Montreal ends up picking 9th, who does he think should be Montreal's pick. He said he would go with Holtz. He also mentioned Quinn.

He said that they are arguably the two best goal scorers of the draft. But he gives the edge to Holtz because he believes he's more ready for the NHL than Quinn is.

Tony also asked him that if Montreal makes the playoffs and ends up drafting 16th, who does he think would be a good pick there. Two players he mentioned are Mavrik Bourque and Hendrix Lapierre.

Reactions: Ewen and Frank JT

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Lafreniere (1)

Stutzle/Byfield (2-3)

Drysdale (4)

The 4-12 comment is pretty telling. I think Lundell is going higher than expected. He’s a big, natural two-way centre that teams covet. It happens every year that one goes higher than expected.

Dach in 2019 (even though it was a centre heavy draft)

KK, Hayton and Dellandrea in 2018.

Lias Andersson and Rasmussen in 2017.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him go 5th to Ottawa if they don’t get Byfield at 3. Also 6th to Anaheim.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

An article on Daniel Torgersson, a 6'3"/205 lbs winger that may be available in the 2nd round and possibly even in the 3rd. In the article, the player comparison is Joel Armia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad