2020 Draft

Ja Sports

May 6, 2020
Fresh new hype reel for Connor Zary - absolute workhorse of a player

Hope you guys enjoy :)

Ja Sports

May 6, 2020
New hype reel on Askarov :) best goalie prospect since Price and best Russian goalie since... Bobrovsky

What do you guys think of him?

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
New hype reel on Askarov :) best goalie prospect since Price and best Russian goalie since... Bobrovsky

What do you guys think of him?

he is talented but I'm pretty happy with Merzlinkins/Korpisalo and Tarasov on the way. The team needs skill coming up through the system not so much goalies

Reactions: Viqsi

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
he is talented but I'm pretty happy with Merzlinkins/Korpisalo and Tarasov on the way. The team needs skill coming up through the system not so much goalies

Exactly. I buy that Askarov is generically a top 10 or 1op 15 prospect but there's a real downside to drafting a goalie who is blocked in your organization. You probably won't get the proper trade value for him either.

georgiabluejacket

Jun 6, 2002
Georgia
Still like my original Zary statement, but Jarvis is growing on me.

Don't think he'd fall to us, but I'd enjoy Sanderson too. We'd have half of the future USA Olympic blue line playing for us. Jones/Werenski/Sanderson

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
I'd like to recover a 2nd round pick this year. I think we're going to get a really good player in the 1st regardless of where we pick but I think there is a lot of gold in the 2nd this year as well.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I'd like to recover a 2nd round pick this year. I think we're going to get a really good player in the 1st regardless of where we pick but I think there is a lot of gold in the 2nd this year as well.

Yep. And knowing Jarmo he'll probably have guys #14 or #15 on his list that are still available at pick #40. It looks like there will be more than a dozen solid NHLers out of the second round this year, and quite a few out of the third round.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Yep. And knowing Jarmo he'll probably have guys #14 or #15 on his list that are still available at pick #40. It looks like there will be more than a dozen solid NHLers out of the second round this year, and quite a few out of the third round.

Lets just hope he doesn't spend the 1st on a guy ranked 40th. :sarcasm:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Lets just hope he doesn't spend the 1st on a guy ranked 40th. :sarcasm:

The last time he took a guy in the first that was around #40 on the "consensus lists", I'd say it looks like a good move (Foudy). Funny enough Foudy's brother is also about #40 on this year's consensus lists.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I really don't like this. The tankers are going to be out in force, in the middle of the qualifying round.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Its really great how much I don't care about the draft anymore.

Fascinating how much the team has progressed, and the change in perception of the CBJ team and Jarmo, from what it was around the time of drafting a "CBJ type player" and not "the best player available", in Dubois.

However, I am still intrigued as our scouting staff has proven capable of drafting legit impact players in nearly any of the 1st few rounds.

Extend Siren

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
After 20 years of being shit on by the hockey gods, getting this might be worth it.

I'd still trade it for the Sens 3 and 5. Laf might be great, but having two of Stutzel, Rossi, Sanderson, Raymond, etc might be better

georgiabluejacket

Jun 6, 2002
Georgia
After 20 years of being shit on by the hockey gods, getting this might be worth it.

I'd still trade it for the Sens 3 and 5. Laf might be great, but having two of Stutzel, Rossi, Sanderson, Raymond, etc might be better

Sanderson over Drysdale? Just curious.

Also the thought of using #5 to trade down a bit further(say 8/9) & picking up a future 1st & still getting the before mentioned Sanderson would be amazing

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio

That's pretty key as there is a real possibility that the season still ends up getting shut down. Jackets would have a 12.5% chance of winning the first overall if that happens.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I'm convinced the draft lotteries are always rigged. Todays results do nothing to squash my beliefs.

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
We beat Toronto, we advance in the playoffs

We lose to Toronto, we have a decent chance at a franchise player.

Win-win.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
We beat Toronto, we advance in the playoffs

We lose to Toronto, we have a decent chance at a franchise player.

Win-win.

I'd reverse the capitalization to win-WIN. Beating Toronto means nothing to me except a momentary exhilaration like beating Tampa last year and then being a bubble team this year. or the 16 game winning streak followed by an 0-8 start. Getting the Number 1 pick would have a long lasting impact on the Jackets.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad