OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: New Quarter Backs for the Handball team!

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Most important takeaway - oh wait nevermind, wrister posted that already. Eff you Wrister!

Yeah this was the point I wanted to see. I think the NFL gets way too obsessed over measurables like height and weight to jump to conclusions about players without watching them.

Like Tomlin said, he has great arm length and his combine results were downright fantastic. I don't care if he's 6'3.75" or 6'5", he has the talent to play there.

Here is how he ranked with his combine tests:

-40 time: 91st percentile
-10 yard shuttle: 86th percentile
-Vertical jump: 92nd percentile
-Broad jump: 94th percentile
-Bench: 82nd percentile

I'm really not worried.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Ravens are going to land Cooper DeJean and he’s going to be an impact player for them who kills our offensive plays…book it lol

• Haha
Reactions: Ulf5 and JTG

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
They are getting love for this pick but really all they did was sit there and draft the guy who fell to them that pretty much any fan with the internet would have taken.
They take the right guys. Didn't realize that needed to be explained that some teams consistently take the wrong guys, even at the time of drafting (Steelers: Green, Kendrick)

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
There’s also a decent possibility they lose draft picks for tampering with Cousins. Still just in absolute awe of that pick.

Yeah it's just insane to me. Even if you take out Cousins entirely, it's wild to take Penix at 8th overall. But to take Penix after you literally just paid Cousins $180 million? What the hell? Just downright bizarre, there's no other way to put it.

Penix is a 2nd round talent that at best should have been a late 1st from a team reaching.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Yeah it's just insane to me. Even if you take out Cousins entirely, it's wild to take Penix at 8th overall. But to take Penix after you literally just paid Cousins $180 million? What the hell? Just downright bizarre, there's no other way to put it.

Penix is a 2nd round talent that at best should have been a late 1st from a team reaching.
forget if this was posted here:

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Honestly, I have no clue whether this player will work out.

But, I love the pick. Because once more Khan's decision was completely logicical. It was a value pick, and most of all an OT. I was very afraid that the Steelers were going to reach for a center because of need.

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Well there goes Pearsall…some mockers thought he’d last until Steelers pick 51…any WR who could be a WR2 for us will be long gone

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
They take the right guys. Didn't realize that needed to be explained that some teams consistently take the wrong guys, even at the time of drafting (Steelers: Green, Kendrick)

This just isn’t true. Go back and look at thier drafts from like 2017 thru 2021.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The 49ers taking Pearsall at 31 is crazy as well. Not only would I not imagine they'd need a WR with Samuel and Aiyuk, but Pearsall at 31 is also kinda reach from where he was mostly being mocked at.

Pearsall over Adonai Mitchell is absolutely bizarre to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad