2020 Draft

LazyCircuits

Dec 14, 2019
Europia
Of those, Khusnutdinov excites me but I am worried I am too high on him due to confirmation bias. The other centre I find interesting in Bordeleau. Any others thinking about taking him?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Of those, Khusnutdinov excites me but I am worried I am too high on him due to confirmation bias. The other centre I find interesting in Bordeleau. Any others thinking about taking him?

I just re-watched the Draft Dynasty profile on Bordeleau to refresh my memory. He plays a lot like Khusnutdinov but without that extra gear or endless motor. And that difference might turn out to be important for a light 5'9 center. I'm concerned that Bordeleau depends too much on open ice and might struggle against pros. His shot is great though, I could see him maybe carving out a sniper role as a middle six winger.

salami

Sep 25, 2005
Kings fan here, coming in peace. (I have grown accustomed to saying that...SJ fans are such babies)

Rob Blake has said he doesn't expect the Kings to use their second round picks, implying that the org will trade up. Assuming CLB doesn't win the lottery and ends up around the 22 spot, of the assets the Kings hold, what would it take to pry the first away from Columbus? Would CLB entertain the three second round picks LA holds (LA/VGK/VAN)?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Kings fan here, coming in peace. (I have grown accustomed to saying that...SJ fans are such babies)

Rob Blake has said he doesn't expect the Kings to use their second round picks, implying that the org will trade up. Assuming CLB doesn't win the lottery and ends up around the 22 spot, of the assets the Kings hold, what would it take to pry the first away from Columbus? Would CLB entertain the three second round picks LA holds (LA/VGK/VAN)?

I'd say yes. It depends obviously on the team's draft list and if they have a bunch of guys high on their list that they think will still be available in the second round. But Jarmo's team has a tendency to find a lot of sleepers, so I could see them interested in that sort of deal.

Reactions: Doggy and Viqsi

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

If all three are involved, I'd go so far as to say that's more likely than not. If by some miracle someone our scouting department desperately wants falls to us then of course all bets are off, but otherwise, we've done well enough with later picks that I think it'd be worth it.

salami

Sep 25, 2005
Who knows, could be a stupid thing to do on LA's part, but in addition to 11 picks this year, we have 10 next year, including a first, possibly 3 seconds (if Clifford re-signs with TOR). Including last year's 9 picks, that's 30 in 3 years with 12 in the first 2 rounds of each. It's an embarrassment of riches, but when it comes time to get them all under contract, that will be a problem, so I'm pretty confident Blake trades into the first round. Sounds like this could be a deal for both teams. I'll have my people call your people.

Reactions: majormajor

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio

If Columbus is IN the lottery then they pick no lower than 15th in a deep draft. I don't think the CBJ moves that pick easily and I don't think the Kings use that much draft Capital that it would take to get there to make CBJ consider. I think I would struggle to move it for three 2nds. I think the talent in the top 20 is too high to move back but if it is that deep and CBJ thinks the "First Round" goes well into the 2nd then maybe.

Reactions: salami

salami

Sep 25, 2005
If Columbus is IN the lottery then they pick no lower than 15th in a deep draft. I don't think the CBJ moves that pick easily and I don't think the Kings use that much draft Capital that it would take to get there to make CBJ consider. I think I would struggle to move it for three 2nds. I think the talent in the top 20 is too high to move back but if it is that deep and CBJ thinks the "First Round" goes well into the 2nd then maybe.

Excellent point, thanks for keeping me honest.

Reactions: Xoggz22

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio

I was reading some draft stuff this morning and Thomas Bordeleau was one prospect that seemed interesting.

Like if we a have a middle first round pick, and the guy or guys we want aren’t there when we draft, maybe trade down and go for Bordeleau. Let him develop a year or two in college and pick up another pick this year or next.

And there is always a chance we do unexpectedly well in the playoffs and end up with a late first round pick.

ClevelandUke

Aug 4, 2020
I would be elated if Jarvis fell to the Jackets pick. I see him as a line driver.

i see a Pasta-lite in Mysak, between all his U16, U18 and U19 games, plus OHL games he has 172 goals in 140 games. Former top draft pick Zadina had just 168 goals in 224 games. Mysak and Jarvis are my top 2, Quinn a solid 3rd option, im hoping to pass on halloway, zary, and gunler

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
i see a Pasta-lite in Mysak, between all his U16, U18 and U19 games, plus OHL games he has 172 goals in 140 games. Former top draft pick Zadina had just 168 goals in 224 games. Mysak and Jarvis are my top 2, Quinn a solid 3rd option, im hoping to pass on halloway, zary, and gunler

Of those six I go

Jarvis
Quinn
Gunler
Mysak
Zary
Holloway

I was more persuaded by the Grabner comparison for Mysak. He's a straight-line player right now, he'll score goals down the wing and kill penalties. But he's also still only 18, young enough to surprise.

ClevelandUke

Aug 4, 2020
Of those six I go

Jarvis
Quinn
Gunler
Mysak
Zary
Holloway

I was more persuaded by the Grabner comparison for Mysak. He's a straight-line player right now, he'll score goals down the wing and kill penalties. But he's also still only 18, young enough to surprise.

thats pretty much the opposite for Mysak, he's not a great straight line skater, and hes not quick to accelerate. He's got a killer shot though and can opperate from the point on the PP with his vision. Gunler cant stay on his feet enough for me to be interested.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
thats pretty much the opposite for Mysak, he's not a great straight line skater, and hes not quick to accelerate. He's got a killer shot though and can opperate from the point on the PP with his vision. Gunler cant stay on his feet enough for me to be interested.

You'll find the opposite take here:

You can see Mysak is very fast in a lot of clips from the 2-4 minute mark in this video.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Watching that video makes me hope more that he's the pick.

I could be persuaded to take Mysak before Gunler or Quinn. He didn't show that much dynamic ability in the OHL but he's also nearly a full year younger than those two guys, plenty of room to surprise.

ClevelandUke

Aug 4, 2020
I could be persuaded to take Mysak before Gunler or Quinn. He didn't show that much dynamic ability in the OHL but he's also nearly a full year younger than those two guys, plenty of room to surprise.

i dont want to touch Gunler at all. he's alot like Bemstrom, knocked off the puck real easy pretty often

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
i dont want to touch Gunler at all. he's alot like Bemstrom, knocked off the puck real easy pretty often

That's one of those attributes that I don't stress much with teenagers because so many of them manage to improve it markedly. Bemstrom is already much better at it than he was a year ago, Sonny Milano made big improvements in his balance and control. Scott Hartnell... not so much. Also, Gunler is listed at 6'2, 176. That's a lot of room for added muscle. And Swedish teenagers often don't start hitting the weight rooms until they go pro, so he could change a lot in the next few years.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Our odds of picking Lafreniere are 0%. Guess why.

No association with Taylor Hall.

You have complete faith in the CBJ winning the play in series.

Your inside source tells you the CBJ scouts have Byfield rated higher.

He is pulling a Michael Jordan and switching to baseball.

Reactions: ViD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad