2020 Draft

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Reactions: Madifer

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Lucas Raymond

For no other reason that hearing Luc! or Ray! chanted would be 100% better than Chili!

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
One of the best drafts for names that I can remember.

Hendrix Lapierre
Yaroslav Askarov
Tim Stutzle
Marco Rossi
Noel Gunler
William Wallinder
Shakir Mukhamadullin
Jeremie Biakabutuka
Mavrik Bourque
Calle Clang
Aiden De La Gorgendiere
Wyatt Kaiser
Leo Loof
John-Jason Peterka
Riku Raiha

Some of these are HOF worthy.

Reactions: thebus88

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

Hendrix Lapierre
Yaroslav Askarov
Tim Stutzle
Marco Rossi
Noel Gunler
William Wallinder
Shakir Mukhamadullin
Jeremie Biakabutuka
Mavrik Bourque
Calle Clang
Aiden De La Gorgendiere
Wyatt Kaiser
Leo Loof
John-Jason Peterka
Riku Raiha

Somewhere I have a list of guys I wanted drafted based on their names. I think maybe we we got one but I can't recall. Seems like I figured at one point the team wouldn't have been better but might not have been worse.

I'll look around for it. I mean, I'm interested.

Reactions: Hello Johnny

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Mavrik Bourque is my personal favorite because he's an hometown gown kid so I guess I watched him lot. probably could get him if the team trade for a late 1st at the deadline. but if the team end up drafting high even first I would pick Byfield.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
I just looked at 2nd round forwards and the last several drafts. Anyway, I am now really ok with trading away 2nd round picks.

Basically you have Aho and DeBrincat in the last several drafts. If you go back to 2011 you have Kucherov.

Outside of those 3 you have about 5 or 6 pretty good players including Boone Jenner, Saad, and Karlsson.

2017-2019 2nd round forwards have had no impact yet, which is not too surprising.

If history is any indication, the 2nd round is not the place to find good forwards.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
I want the Blue Jackets to draft the very best center prospect who also fits into the values and culture our team espouses. I don't care the name, I don't care the size, I don't care about the stats.

It is my hope that the Blue Jackets put Texier at center, and give every other center prospect an opportunity to learn and grow. It is also my hope that every goalie prospect is given ample opportunity to grow and develop this year. I don't think the playoffs are out of reach....heck look at what the Blues did last year. But I don't want to waste this year wondering about who has the ability to grow with this core group of young players.

I applaud Jarmo and the front office in accumulating one of the best young blue lines in the NHL. Now I want them to do the same down the middle of the ice. In 18 months, I want to look back at about this point as when a real playoff contender (not fighting for 8th-7th) was hatched.

Reactions: cslebn

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Alexis Lafreniere is near generational if not there. Next bunch are supposedly really good. Of course none are guaranteed. Quinton Byfield is a cut above rest of guys

Last edited:

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
Can we get (Detroit) someone to bite on ZW ?
ZW for Mantha+ and a swap of firsts? I think their drooling for Zack so go big...

Draft Byfield and have 2 young, strapping centermen.

Ahhhh probably silliness...

Reactions: majormajor

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Can we get (Detroit) someone to bite on ZW ?
ZW for Mantha+ and a swap of firsts? I think their drooling for Zack so go big...

Draft Byfield and have 2 young, strapping centermen.

Ahhhh probably silliness...

Doesn't seem to provide complements. We downgrade Zack's goals to zero or one (whoever is replacing him at D), and replace one of our power forwards with a better power forward in Mantha. Still no playmakers for us and Detroit loses their only big man.

ZW for a #2 or #3 pick would make more sense I think. Byfield is like you said, another big strapping center, and Lucas Raymond is supposedly a close match to Marner (per Scott Wheeler's report). Neither guy would be very helpful for a couple years though, that's the rub for us. Detroit already has a good top line, they need a guy like Werenski and there aren't any at the top of the draft. They might need a small plus from Columbus to make it happen.

Anyways this is all supposing they get a 2nd or 3rd OA pick and we don't. Right now the Jackets have a 14% chance of getting one of those, and the Wings a 25% chance.

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Are any of these guys generational like McDavid, Crosby, or Ovi? Or will this be a Yakapov-Murray type draft.

Not that good, but not nearly that bad either. I think MacKinnon type elite player is a better comparison than one of the generational guys.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area

Hendrix Lapierre
Yaroslav Askarov
Tim Stutzle
Marco Rossi
Noel Gunler
William Wallinder
Shakir Mukhamadullin
Jeremie Biakabutuka
Mavrik Bourque
Calle Clang
Aiden De La Gorgendiere
Wyatt Kaiser
Leo Loof
John-Jason Peterka
Riku Raiha

Askarov is actually projected to be the best goalie prospect since Price

georgiabluejacket

Jun 6, 2002
Georgia
Connor Zary should be available around the 15-20 range and I think is VASTLY under rated in this draft.

Somehow get a 2nd rounder & take Jaromir Pytlik. Every video I've seen of this kid, he looks like he's coasting, yet he continuously gets by the defenders with ease and makes me wonder where that came speed came from?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad