2020 Draft - 2nd Pick: Carter Savoie

fancy dan

too many losing
Jun 21, 2011
would it be terribly controversial to suggest that the oilers sell high soon on this kid? i could part with him for a big upgrade in goal or on the backend. not sure how sustainable his game is going to be.

Reactions: Blacktape

North

Jun 25, 2009
would it be terribly controversial to suggest that the oilers sell high soon on this kid? i could part with him for a big upgrade in goal or on the backend. not sure how sustainable his game is going to be.

A big upgrade would be Gibson and I’m not sure Savoie is all that attractive an option in a package for him.

MuzzaFuzza

MVP(s)
Apr 20, 2012
Red Deer

Prospects that aren't elite are usually much more valuable to their team than others IMO. Not really sure how much value he'd really have unless he was packaged with a more valuable piece.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

So we should throw away a top prospect who's up for the Hobey Baker award literally just 4-5 months after we drafted him?

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
So we should throw away a top prospect who's up for the Hobey Baker award literally just 4-5 months after we drafted him?
I think you might be mistaken on which thread you're in. Savoie is not up for the Hobey Baker award. On the other hand the thought of trading him makes little sense as his potential value to the Oilers far exceeds what he would hold in a trade at this point.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I think you might be mistaken on which thread you're in. Savoie is not up for the Hobey Baker award. On the other hand the thought of trading him makes little sense as his potential value to the Oilers far exceeds what he would hold in a trade at this point.
I have no idea why, but everytime I see one of your posts, I suddenly feel a bit like throwing up and punching the avatar.

Reactions: McFlyingV

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I have no idea why, but everytime I see one of your posts, I suddenly feel a bit like throwing up and punching the avatar.
tenor.gif

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
Did he knock the puck down perfectly with his elbow to his stick, cut around the net, turn and fire home a sick wrister all in perfect stride?

Kid is a natural athlete

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Even his passes are goals. :sarcasm:

Denver was eliminated in OT. Savoie credited with the only Denver goal. Stauffer says Denver is unlikely to claim a wildcard berth. Does signing a PTO with Bakersfield void Savoie's NCAA eligibility next season or...?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Even his passes are goals. :sarcasm:

Denver was eliminated in OT. Savoie credited with the only Denver goal. Stauffer says Denver is unlikely to claim a wildcard berth. Does signing a PTO with Bakersfield void Savoie's NCAA eligibility next season or...?

Yes. College players can't sign any contracts, even a PTO.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Give him another year of college. Seems to be taking the direction he's getting from the coach to heart and has extra time for fitness in that schedule.

Yeah, leave him in college another season for sure. He needed to focus on training quite a bit by the looks of things, and reports are that he is getting that time in college. He will be much more pressed for time in the AHL. Also, he is a good prospect, but nowhere near the level of Holloway. I'm not sure Holloway has much more to learn at the NCAA level, whereas Savoie certainly does.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00