2020 Draft - 2nd Pick: Carter Savoie

nafrelio

Aug 26, 2005
brite feuchure
This has been my favorite thread on HF for over a month now.

I really hope he keeps this up and continues developing. Having some promising wingers like Savoie, Holloway, Lavoie, Mazura?, Puljujarvi, etc will make a big difference in staying competitive through the coming years.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Missed on Zegras but got Savoie.
giphy.gif

brenden

Jul 17, 2010
It’s nice to read some encouraging things on Savoie. I had the feeling that he was talented but it didn’t seem like he would put in the work needed to make the NHL. Kind of a Robbie Schremp feel to him. It’s bad to write him off so soon so hopefully my initial thoughts will be proved wrong. Sometimes it’s nice to eat crow.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
It’s nice to read some encouraging things on Savoie. I had the feeling that he was talented but it didn’t seem like he would put in the work needed to make the NHL. Kind of a Robbie Schremp feel to him. It’s bad to write him off so soon so hopefully my initial thoughts will be proved wrong. Sometimes it’s nice to eat crow.

His skating is much better than Schremp's was at the same age and he should end up being a far superior skater. He is also grittier than Schremp was. The question will be whether or not he is a guy that can put up points at ES at the next level or if he is a player that is reliant on the PP to score most of his points. His shot and scoring instincts should mean that he can score at ES, time will tell.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Savoie has a game that is about to start.

Plays again on Monday as well. This series is against North Dakota.

Last edited:

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Massive hit by Caponi, interference though.

NoDak to the PP

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Good defensive play by Savoie in front of his own net leading to a breakout the other way and the shift ends in NoDak’s defensive zone.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Denver takes the lead 1-0.

Very physical game so far, lots of huge hits and the boards rattling.

Savoie just got rocked behind the NoDak net.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Brink with a nice rush leads to a chance and his linemate Irwin finishes it.

2-0 Denver over a good North Dakota team

Reactions: McTonyBrar

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Caponi with another massive hit knocks his own helmet off. He’s flying around, this game has had so many huge hits.

Damn entertaining game.

2-0 after the 1st. Savoie was relatively quiet that period.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Best shift of the game for Savoie. He generated two pretty good chances off passes to teammates and got a shot on goal with sustained offensive zone time pressure basically the entire shift.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Durflinger buries one to make it 3-0 Denver.

Caponi just dropped Kleven hard, man if you like physical hard hitting hockey this game would be for you. Caponi isn’t a big guy but he throws his weight around.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Durflinger buries one to make it 3-0 Denver.

Caponi just dropped Kleven hard, man if you like physical hard hitting hockey this game would be for you. Caponi isn’t a big guy but he throws his weight around.

Kleven is the guy who hit Broberg late isn’t he? Karma.

Reactions: snipes

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Kleven is the guy who hit Broberg late isn’t he? Karma.

Kleven took a run at Caponi after getting dropped by that 5’9 pit bull and Caponi ducked slightly causing Kleven to smack his head into the glass almost knocking himself down. Twice in one shift Caponi clowned him.

Caponi is a tank, very physical hockey player. Undrafted as well, Holland should bring him into camp. He’d be a guy that could find a role in Bakersfield.

Oh yeah it’s 4-0 after the 2nd. No points for Savoie and a pretty quiet game from him, hasn’t stood out positively or negatively really.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Kleven took a run at Caponi after getting dropped by that 5’9 pit bull and Caponi duck slightly causing Kleven to smack his head into the glass almost knocking himself down.

Caponi is a tank, very physical hockey player. Undrafted as well, Holland should bring him into camp. He’d be a guy that could find a role in Bakersfield.

I’m trying to feel bad but I’m as unconcerned about Kleven as he was after his late hit.

Reactions: snipes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->