2020 Draft - 2nd Pick: Carter Savoie

North

Jun 25, 2009
Any idea why he has only signed an ATO with the Condors and not a professional contract with the Oilers? Isn't it usually both?

I believe the Sharks’ minor league team initially signed Thomas Bordeleau to an ATO and then announced his ELC a couple of days later.

This could just be nothing. They could be ironing out his bonuses or something.

Reactions: oilers'72

sandhu111

Mar 17, 2008
Edmonton, AB
Screenshot_20220418-133742_Twitter.jpg
that's the breakdown from PuckPedia

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
No worries I had the same question when it was announces.
Also I heard the rumors about him not being too much into schooling so was hoping he'd make the jump.

Yeah, I thought it would have been a bit strange for him to go back next year so this makes a lot more sense

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I think it's because if he signed with the Oilers he'd burn a year off his ELC? Probably not worth it if he would only play a game or two.

You can sign contracts to start the following season

View attachment 532493that's the breakdown from PuckPedia

That makes sense. He’d clearly be going in the first couple rounds with hindsight, as of right now, so he deserves to get to burn the 1st year if that’s what he wants

Reactions: Aerrol

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I wonder if Savoie wanted to join the Oilers and have a chance at winning the cup is why it took so long

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022

Well, given all the injuries down there, we'll figure out pretty quickly where the kid is at. I wouldn't be surprised to see him pop off a few points right away during his PTO but struggle over a full year next season. Still, if he can put up even 35-45 points as an AHL rookie it would be a very good sign. Roope Hintz, Alex Tuch, Anthony Mantha, and Ryan Hartman are all recent forwards who did it in their D+3.

Reactions: oilers'72

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I think that would be overly optimistic on his behalf. Signed or not, he wouldn’t have been on the playoff roster for the big club.
While I don't think he would be expected to play, the team may want to keep him around as a black ace, similar to what they did with Broberg during the bubble.

If he signs a Fanti-like deal, he wouldn't be able to join the big team after the AHL season ends.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad