2020 Draft - 2nd Pick: Carter Savoie

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
tenor (3).gif

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Carter Savoie, drafted by the Regina Pats in the 2017 WHL Draft, instead opted to continue playing Junior A hockey to keep his college options open. He is committed to playing hockey for the University of Denver next year. In the meantime, Savoie has been playing for the Sherwood Park Crusaders and dominating the AJHL. He put up 53 goals and 46 assists for 99 points in just 54 games this season. Savoie led the league in goals and was named to the North Division All-Star Team. He also played for the AJHL Selects in the Junior Club World Championship, scoring one goal and five points in five games. Savoie had two goals in four games playing for Canada West at the World Junior A Hockey Challenge. His WHL rights were traded to the Winnipeg Ice.

Last season, Savoie scored 31 goals and 42 assists for 73 points in 58 games. He was named AJHL Rookie of the year. He was also part of the League’s All-Rookie Team and the North All-Star Team. Savoie is the older brother of Matthew Savoie, the first overall pick in the 2019 WHL Bantam Draft, and one of the top prospects for the 2022 NHL Draft.

https://lastwordonsports.com/hockey/2020/05/15/carter-savoie-scouting-report/

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
He can put the puck in the net and we had alot of eyes on him. "Fiesty" is a word that's been used to describe the undersized sniper. One scouting report that I read compared him to DeBrincat, which I thought was rather generous, but in playing style, that'd be exciting. He needs to get quicker to be able to dart around to those soft areas in coverage.

We can marinate this guy for awhile and will hopefully be an interesting follow. He had alot of fans prior to the selection and he'll have alot more on this board.

Also, see you soon somehow, Max Savoie. Draft his brother, Holloway will be flanking him at some point next season :sarcasm:. We're circling.

Last edited:

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Really pleasantly surprised he was still there. A shooting / goal scoring prospect, finally. Another player in the NCAA, playing at Denver so we will see how he adjusts to the large jump.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
I’ve seen him play live for a bit now, this isn’t that impressive of a pick.

He always seems so slow out there. Great shot but skating is a legit concern. His work ethic is questionable.

Reactions: TheNumber4

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
I’ve seen him play live for a bit now, this isn’t that impressive of a pick.

He always seems so slow out there. Great shot but skating is a legit concern. His work ethic is questionable.

Only someone from SSAC would say that.

LOL. How many wins did the bantam triples get for SSAC that year? 2?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad