WJC: 2020 Canada Roster Talk Part II

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Foudy being top 3 Canadian players surprised me.

Anybody else?

He and Foote were good when Lafreniere and Veleno were missing.

Doesn’t really surprise me all that much - he was consistently good from the beginning of the tournament.

Could make a case for Hofer over Foudy for sure.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
It’s not war anymore thank goodness.

It is a spirited sports rivalry which is what it should be.

It’s obviously a figurative term used in the English literary context.

If I am explaining literal war compared to sport then you’ve lost the plot.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It’s obviously a figurative term used in the English literary context.

If I am explaining literal war compared to sport then you’ve lost the plot.

Well, I think there’s an important distinction.

It really was a war in 1972. Or as close as you can get at a sporting competition.

I’m glad we won but sportsmanship went out the window as the stakes got so high. You could tell that even the Canadians were frightened as to the lengths they would go to.

I don’t think there’s a need to revisit this kind of hockey rivalry.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Hayton, Lafreniere, Foudy.

It should be a spicy game with Russia, particularly if Hayton is back. Looking forward to it. Canada's defence, especially zone exits, will need to be good.
Zone exits will not be good against Russia. Canada will likely lose the 5 on 5 battle, let's hope for a hot special teams.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Zone exits will not be good against Russia. Canada will likely lose the 5 on 5 battle, let's hope for a hot special teams.

Russia’s only real weakness is that they can lose focus at times and give up a goal or two.

The danger is that no lead is really safe, even if we get out to a lead.

Hofer is going to have be massive I think.

Russia-Sweden had tons of PPs while Finland-Canada had few by comparison. It’s the Jekyll and Hyde nature of IIHF tournament refereeing.

Reactions: wacko2

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
Please nobody else get sick. It''s gonna be exhausting playing Russia tomorrow so the team is gonna need every single healthy and able body player they can have.

Reactions: Anichels

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Addison missed practice a few days ago with some sort of sickness. There's something going around, but what can you do. If Byram could take the warm up today then I assume that he can play tomorrow. I guess playing well is a different matter though.

Reactions: Mikeshane

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Foudy was absolutely well deserved as one of Canada’s top 3 players.

He was awesome and played unexpectedly well!

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Seravalli, who has been pretty reliable regarding this tournament for TSN, says that the outlook on Hayton is not good. He isn't ruled out of the gold medal game but it seems unlikely.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Seravalli, who has been pretty reliable regarding this tournament for TSN, says that the outlook on Hayton is not good. He isn't ruled out of the gold medal game but it seems unlikely.

F4FFD57E-A352-49E8-AD64-5F1ABA87F1FC.gif

Reactions: Hagstrom

wishywashy19

Dec 14, 2011
Last game
I take back every bad thing I said about Lavoie or Byfield if they can chip in a goal today.
I hope it’s a game for the ages
May the most deserving team wins
Go Canada go!

blindpass

May 7, 2010
good news, hope that he is able to play at the correct level though, if not it may be best to dress another player who is 100%
There's nobody else to dress. It's either him or they play with one fewer. So the fact that he's playing doesn't tell us much more than that he could conceivably take a shift. I doubt he'll get his normal ice time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad