WJC: 2020 Canada Roster Talk Part II

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
I wouldn't say that. Foudy, Foote, Veleno and Cozens have certainly played more important roles. McMichael has been coming on, so maybe this will change before everything is said and done.
Edit: see someone else put has up the same list before me.
I didn't even think of Foote, so you got me there. I've only been impressed with Cozens these last couple games, same with Veleno. Foudy, along with Dellandrea have been awesome together

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Fins might be who we wanted to play but Canada is also who they want to play.

They look at our offense and it’s worse than the states if you can limit Laf.

We also have the worst goaltending of any team left.

Reactions: Hagstrom

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Hayton awarded player of the game for Canada with another multi-point game.

The Captain is making a strong case for tournament MVP so far.
Strong case? Maybe in the conversation but he’s been the beneficiary of Laf’s insane playmaking and the helmet thing won’t help him either

Reactions: Anichels

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
We are due against the Finns
Extremely disappointed if it is not a Canada Russia final

I would prefer to face Russia as well, if we beat the Finns.

However, Sweden is undefeated, and these are now the games that matter. An undefeated group winner that beats Russia in an elimination game is an opponent I can get up for.

Reactions: Hockey Stick

blindpass

May 7, 2010
I would prefer to face Russia as well, if we beat the Finns.

However, Sweden is undefeated, and these are now the games that matter. An undefeated group winner that beats Russia in an elimination game is an opponent I can get up for.
I'll be happy with any opponent if they can beat Finland. A rematch against Russia would be the most dramatic, given how the last game went.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Will be interesting with this Tanus situation. Finlands leading scorer looking at a suspension would be a nice break for Canada

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGoldenJet

blindpass

May 7, 2010
Will be interesting with this Tannus situation. Canadas leading scorer looking at a suspension would be a nice break for Canada
You mean Finland's leading scorer? I have no idea if he'll be suspended, but I know what he did was far more likely to cause damage to the opponent's head than what Veleno did.

Reactions: newfy

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Will be interesting with this Tanus situation. Finlands leading scorer looking at a suspension would be a nice break for Canada
You mean Finland's leading scorer? I have no idea if he'll be suspended, but I know what he did was far more likely to cause damage to the opponent's head than what Veleno did.
No suspension for Tanus and it wasn't even reviewed. He will play.

Reactions: blindpass and newfy

blindpass

May 7, 2010
No suspension for Tanus and it wasn't even reviewed. He will play.
Laughable inconsistency by the IIHF. That or it's the symbolism of a headbutt that matters, not the hazard. In any case, this makes me more irritated about the stupidity of suspending Veleno, but I'm glad Tanus isn't.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Laughable inconsistency by the IIHF. That or it's the symbolism of a headbutt that matters, not the hazard. In any case, this makes me more irritated about the stupidity of suspending Veleno, but I'm glad Tanus isn't.
Me too, I want to take them on at their full strength. If we need to hope for teams to have players go out with suspensions we never had a good team to begin with.

Canada will win or lose tomorrow on what they do on the ice, as it should be. They had better come in prepared and ready to work their asses off because you can be sure the Finns will.

Reactions: snipes and FinPanda

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010

It's true. The IIHF is a good example of faulty, impractical bureaucracy, and even funnier that there are people who defend decisions like the Veleno one due to excessive devotion to certain institutions even though any reasonable person would conclude that the elbow was a far worse offence than Veleno's "headbutt". It is good that the Finn isn't suspended, but it remains laughable that Veleno was. I'm glad to know that there is no further discipline for Foote's armpit shot as well.

Last edited:

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Nice to see Laf come back from injury. When it happened it looked like he could be gone from both the tournament and possibly part of the QMJHL season.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Gold on the line.

Canada v Russia. It’s war.

Must watch for those who have seen this and those who have not.

An NBC (American company) account of the 1972 Summit Series.

For those Canadians who have not watched this in its entirety, and those from other hockey nations as well — please watch in it’s entirety.

Canada v Russia is the only final I want with Gold on the line.

Reactions: Dominance

wacko2

Dec 28, 2019
various
It’s not war anymore thank goodness.

It is a spirited sports rivalry which is what it should be.
Yep, many of these players will be teammates in the future. It's a sports rivalry, but both sides respect each other.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->