GDT: 2020-21 season game 15 LA Kings vs Arizona Coyotes @6:00pm 2/18/21

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
Dustin Brown is now 12th in the league in goals scored, Doughty 6th in points among defensemen, and Kopitar 11th in points and 6th in assists (with 3-5 fewer games played than those in front of him). What a time to be alive!
Is this 2012?? Haha... Most impressed with Brown considering his age.

Reactions: kilowatt

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
So happy Drew is making me eat my words. When he's properly motivated and using his all of his tools he's one of my favorite players ever to watch.

I said it before, someone switched the lights on in the Kings locker room. It's a team looking closer to the last 10 games of last year than those handful of debacles earlier this month.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
You don't play in the NHL or any other professional sport without a tremendous amount of smarts, hard work, and TALENT. These guys sacrificed as much as anyone to bring Los Angeles 2 championships and your level of disrespect is staggering. Both players brought elements to the team that were desperately needed at the time.
Disrespect or brutal honesty? Why did Kings career in the NHL suddenly disappear the second he went off the Kings? Did you think Ivanans was a very talented hockey player too? Get a grip and immerse yourself in reality.

The Butcher

Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
Dustin Brown is now 12th in the league in goals scored, Doughty 6th in points among defensemen, and Kopitar 11th in points and 6th in assists (with 3-5 fewer games played than those in front of him). What a time to be alive!
And don't forget about moon pies!

The Butcher

Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
Disrespect or brutal honesty? Why did Kings career in the NHL suddenly disappear the second he went off the Kings? Did you think Ivanans was a very talented hockey player too? Get a grip and immerse yourself in reality.
I'm immersed. You sound like someone who's never played at a high level of athletics. I'm all set with your takes. Take care.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I'm immersed. You sound like someone who's never played at a high level of athletics. Take care, I'm all set with your takes.

Yeah, and apparently you haven't as well since it's beyond your level of understanding that a player can have clutch moments without being a talented hockey player. King came in clutch during the playoffs at times. But no he wasn't a good player and the fact his career was gone the second he was off the Kings should tell you everything you need to know. Seriously. Be realistic.

Sparky206

Nov 13, 2019
I'm immersed. You sound like someone who's never played at a high level of athletics. I'm all set with your takes. Take care.
Hes got a problem with everybody, Gretzky will be his next target, ....wasn't a very good player, was propped up by those in EDM and it was proven when he couldnt win a cup in LA.

Reactions: KingTech and Sol

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Hes got a problem with everybody, Gretzky will be his next target, ....wasn't a very good player, was propped up by those in EDM and it was proven when he couldnt win a cup in LA.
Man screw that Gretzky guy. Brown>>>>>

The Butcher

Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
I've noticed.

I don't mind bold opinions, it's what we're here for. But some of those hot takes feel more like click bait than any kind of rational thought.

Reactions: SlimCharles

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Get in the choppah!!!

Predator Arnold was not impressed.

RedFlakyIberianlynx-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: Bandit and Lt Dan

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Anyone think iafallo looks good this year? Its against the rules to talk bad about him on here for whatever reason. I guess you can say kopitar and brown are doing well so why mess with that line. But he really has been a ghost and at this rate his next contract should be very team friendly.

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
If you want to know why King kept getting top line minutes just check the stats from those years. And the options available

‘12
Penner 7g 17p
Gagne 7g 17p only played in 34 games

‘13
Penner 2g 12p

‘14
Toffoli 12g 29p first full season
Pearson 3g 7p in 25 games
Brown 15g 27p

So unless you wanted Fraser, Frattin, Nolan, Clifford, Lewis, Parse, Loktionov, Richardson, Vey or Carcillo playing top 6 minutes there weren’t a ton of options. And we did see Lewis up there occasionally.

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
Yeah, and apparently you haven't as well since it's beyond your level of understanding that a player can have clutch moments without being a talented hockey player. King came in clutch during the playoffs at times. But no he wasn't a good player and the fact his career was gone the second he was off the Kings should tell you everything you need to know. Seriously. Be realistic.

If you mean he wasn't a good player by NHL standards then you have an argument. But as The Butcher was saying, you cannot make the NHL, play over 300 games and score over 100 points "not being a good player" relative to the sport as a whole.

I think u guys are debating two different things

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI

Because it’s a thin line between in the league and out of the league.

Mike York went from being on the US Olympic team to being toast in a couple years.

Mike Richards went from being the Kings second line center on the 2012 Cup team to being one of the worst players in the league within 3 years.

King was fine in his role and scored some big goals. The game changed quite a bit from the beginning to the end of last decade and Kings lack of speed doomed him.

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
King was a beast against the coyotes in 2012. No king has more goals in a single conference final.
Not quite. Gretzky scored 5 goals against Toronto in the Campbell conference final which is why King's 4 goals against the Coyotes is the Kings western conference final record. The conference name is different.

Reactions: Stimpythecat

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
If you want to know why King kept getting top line minutes just check the stats from those years. And the options available

‘12
Penner 7g 17p
Gagne 7g 17p only played in 34 games

‘13
Penner 2g 12p

‘14
Toffoli 12g 29p first full season
Pearson 3g 7p in 25 games
Brown 15g 27p

So unless you wanted Fraser, Frattin, Nolan, Clifford, Lewis, Parse, Loktionov, Richardson, Vey or Carcillo playing top 6 minutes there weren’t a ton of options. And we did see Lewis up there occasionally.

They should have brought someone up from the ahl Micheal Mersch comes to mind

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1