GDT: 2020-21 season game 15 LA Kings vs Arizona Coyotes @6:00pm 2/18/21

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Can we make a rule every time we talk about Iafallo that we can make a suggestion on who would be a potential better ideal player to play with Kopitar and Brown? We keep hearing about on and on how this guy does not seem to produce well enough to warrant being on the first line and very little suggestions. I need more suggestions and alternatives please.
Has anyone one else been tried in that spot since hes been on the team? Maybe kovulchuk in a couple preseason games?

Rusty Batch

Sep 22, 2010
Can we make a rule every time we talk about Iafallo that we can make a suggestion on who would be a potential better ideal player to play with Kopitar and Brown? We keep hearing about on and on how this guy does not seem to produce well enough to warrant being on the first line and very little suggestions. I need more suggestions and alternatives please.
I constantly point to the young talent in our organization that imo should be playing in our top 6. It's a very simple solution, unfortunately our team is committed to tanking and thus not interested in allowing the prospects to compete for some of the massive holes we have throughout our lineup.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
If it's so easy that someone else can do it; why has no one else done it in three years?

I know it's a little chicken and egg but while Iafallo's chuggin g along at a 55 point pace--let that sink in--no one else is remotely approaching that, even with softer matchups and favorable deployment.

Grundstrom--25 point pace. JAD is the only other one who can justify a move. Who else do you have in mind to displace Iafallo right now?

It's insane that we keep having this conversation with no reasonable suggestions. Until someone can prove they can even possibly knock him out, it's basically just complaining.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I constantly point to the young talent in our organization that imo should be playing in our top 6. It's a very simple solution, unfortunately our team is committed to tanking and thus not interested in allowing the prospects to compete for some of the massive holes we have throughout our lineup.

So again, since you didn't answer his question--what would YOU do?

Token

May 15, 2019
If it's so easy that someone else can do it; why has no one else done it in three years?

I know it's a little chicken and egg but while Iafallo's chuggin g along at a 55 point pace--let that sink in--no one else is remotely approaching that, even with softer matchups and favorable deployment.

Grundstrom--25 point pace. JAD is the only other one who can justify a move. Who else do you have in mind to displace Iafallo right now?

It's insane that we keep having this conversation with no reasonable suggestions. Until someone can prove they can even possibly knock him out, it's basically just complaining.
I’m with you on this 100% but I’ll play devils advocate for a minute.

If Todd/Rob wasn’t forced to play Clague, Strand, heck, even Maatta when Roy and Walker went down in the same game, would we now be talking about how pleasantly surprised we are with Clague and Strand?

Ditto with AA, Lizotte et al breaking and Grundy and JAD getting a swing where a mistake or few were tolerable simple by the fact we were up the proverbial creek?

The devil here says that sometimes the brass are a bit stuck up on playing the kids. Letting them grab the opportunity don’t happen if one is not given.

</devil>

Kingz4life

Feb 7, 2004
Los Angeles
I agree with this post. I'll add that we don't want to waist an ELC year..so he sticks there until we're a real contender and he can slide to a 3rd line role he belongs in.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I’m with you on this 100% but I’ll play devils advocate for a minute.

If Todd/Rob wasn’t forced to play Clague, Strand, heck, even Maatta when Roy and Walker went down in the same game, would we now be talking about how pleasantly surprised we are with Clague and Strand?

Ditto with AA, Lizotte et al breaking and Grundy and JAD getting a swing where a mistake or few were tolerable simple by the fact we were up the proverbial creek?

The devil here says that sometimes the brass are a bit stuck up on playing the kids. Letting them grab the opportunity don’t happen if one is not given.

</devil>

Which was MY question--who isn't getting the opportunity?

Guys have gotten minor opportunities but haven't outplayed Iafallo in any way to move up the lineup.

Anderson played his way up next to Doughty. They didn't just slap him there because he's a kid and gosh darn it we like him.

Once someone shows they can produce AND be responsible--not one or the other and especially since no one in particular has done both vs. weaker matchups--they'll get that spot.

I mean if I said the Kings were trading for a late-20s 55 point player who is a dogged worker and forechecker and just didn't attach a name to it...you see where I'm going with this. It's simply impatience and wanting sexy names instead of Iafallo's boring but uber effective game. This isn't Dwight King sitting next to Kopitar.

Reactions: Token

Kingz4life

Feb 7, 2004
Los Angeles
How many games this season would guys like King Arthur (I know he had coffee), JAD (kicking butt at the moment), Turcotte, Thomas, Byfield etc., play with the big club for an ELC season to fall off? I think in the past it's been 10 games but also contract/age is a factor.

TruKingFan

Two-Time Cup Winner
Aug 16, 2004
Beachfront

I think JAD might be a good fit - has speed, can carry the puck, might be a little more creative offensively and not afraid to work in front of the net/below the goal line. Not that AI has failed or is stagnant. Are we not looking for progress or improvement?

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
Which was MY question--who isn't getting the opportunity?

Guys have gotten minor opportunities but haven't outplayed Iafallo in any way to move up the lineup.

Anderson played his way up next to Doughty. They didn't just slap him there because he's a kid and gosh darn it we like him.

Once someone shows they can produce AND be responsible--not one or the other and especially since no one in particular has done both vs. weaker matchups--they'll get that spot.

I mean if I said the Kings were trading for a late-20s 55 point player who is a dogged worker and forechecker and just didn't attach a name to it...you see where I'm going with this. It's simply impatience and wanting sexy names instead of Iafallo's boring but uber effective game. This isn't Dwight King sitting next to Kopitar.
By effective do you mean just getting the job done?

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
I mean scoring at a 55 point pace with the best advanced stats on the team. He doesn't have a sexy game at all but he has an incredibly effective attention to detail.

What else do you want him to do? And who replaces him?
I think Blake re-signs him for a couple years until one of the kids is ready to step into that role. One of Kaliyev, Madden, Turcotte, Kupari should be able to fill that role. Even Andersson might be able to. Iafallo is a great energy guy and can go to the hard areas but he's got hands of stone and can't create plays. Would be nice to see what someone else can do in that role.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
How many games this season would guys like King Arthur (I know he had coffee), JAD (kicking butt at the moment), Turcotte, Thomas, Byfield etc., play with the big club for an ELC season to fall off? I think in the past it's been 10 games but also contract/age is a factor.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
I think Blake re-signs him for a couple years until one of the kids is ready to step into that role. One of Kaliyev, Madden, Turcotte, Kupari should be able to fill that role. Even Andersson might be able to. Iafallo is a great energy guy and can go to the hard areas but he's got hands of stone and can't create plays. Would be nice to see what someone else can do in that role.
Please don't sign Yafaalo my hate for him is growing exponentially to Lewis like proportions!Anyone but Yafallo,the Waterboy even

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
Everybody wants to replace Iaffalo with a prospect but the only ones possibly ready are Fagemo and Kupari. The rest need to work on their pro games. Remember that JAD and Martinez didn’t look hot on their call ups. Were sent back down and it helped. And nobody is lighting the AHL on fire forcing Blake’s hand to call them up. Lot of them get pushed around at the AHL and it’ll be even worse in the NHL.

Reactions: Steve Zissou

Rusty Batch

Sep 22, 2010
So again, since you didn't answer his question--what would YOU do?
I did answer the question. I would let the prospects compete for these top 6 roles....

Do you guys need names? If so I would allow guys like Madden, Kupari, Kaliyev, Turcotte, etc to play instead of Iafallo and some of the other vets on our team that struggle to produce in the roles they are given.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I did answer the question. I would let the prospects compete for these top 6 roles....

Do you guys need names? If so I would allow guys like Madden, Kupari, Kaliyev, Turcotte, etc to play instead of Iafallo and some of the other vets on our team that struggle to produce in the roles they are given.

Can't say I agree. Part of the success of Kopitar's line is that Iafallo does the dirty work in the corners.

It's why players like Iafallo and Williams do well with Kopitar.

Of the younger players, Grundstrom or JAD may be best.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Is Quick playing another game this saturday for y'all? He has gotten back to his realest form sire. Big respect.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Behind you
youtu.be
Is Quick playing another game this saturday for y'all? He has gotten back to his realest form sire. Big respect.
This is the place that would have the info

LA Kings Latest - LA Kings Insider

And if it's not there , read this book. Well...even if it is there, read this book

71hUQk05sTL.jpg

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

I don't mind them getting a cup of coffee there right now especially this season, but only Kupari has earned even that so far.

Reactions: Docgonzo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->