GDT: 2020-21 season game 15 LA Kings vs Arizona Coyotes @6:00pm 2/18/21

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I defended King a bit too long, i will admit, but he was a huge part of the 12-14 success for us.

Yeah, I think I remember this poster named Dmacles on here who kept talking about what a good player king was just because he came up clutch in the playoffs a couple times. King was a bad player who happened to have moments of glory. Didn't Fraser score an OT goal in the playoffs? He had no talent. Did that make him a good player or did he just have luck on that one time he shot the puck lol

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
I don't know how effective he'd be in the current NHL. He got fired for a reason. His model stopped working and he got too emotional to be a GM.

Perhaps, it is very hard to stay at the top, pay / fit everybody and keep everyone interested.

With another franchise they could have success

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Well done Gabe!! Thought for sure we were going to blow it

That really did have the feel of an old 2015 Kings game where we dominate the whole game but lose in the most agonizing way possible.

Hockey gods took mercy tonight, thankfully.

That's a three game streak!

Colin Fraser, Hunter and his favorite, Dwight King. Remember when people were saying Dwight King was a decent NHL player and we were just being too hard on him lol.

That was just the team on a hot streak. Dwight King definitely had his moments where he came up big but by no means was he actually a good player. The fact he kept getting top 6 minutes was mind blowing

He was a decent NHL player for a small handful of years where it worked, and fit the 2011-2016 Kings pretty much perfectly. In a franchise that had Gretzky, Dwight King has the Kings WCF goal scoring record. Yeah he shouldn't have been a top six player for an extended period of time but why beat him up for being miscast? There's seriously no reason to dig up a corpse of a hard worker to shit on him, and it's even pettier to be using it as some sort of 'gotcha', when he was just an average NHLer with an average NHL career. Definitely not what I expected to see after this game :laugh:

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
That really did have the feel of an old 2015 Kings game where we dominate the whole game but lose in the most agonizing way possible.

Hockey gods took mercy tonight, thankfully.

That's a three game streak!

He was a decent NHL player for a small handful of years where it worked, and fit the 2011-2016 Kings pretty much perfectly. In a franchise that had Gretzky, Dwight King has the Kings WCF goal scoring record. Yeah he shouldn't have been a top six player for an extended period of time but why beat him up for being miscast? There's seriously no reason to dig up a corpse of a hard worker to shit on him, and it's even pettier to be using it as some sort of 'gotcha', when he was just an average NHLer with an average NHL career.
not really to shit on him, but more so that he was put in a role where he didn't belong. I brought it up in reference to the shootout today where Sutter used to make many questionable choices. And petty? Lol maybe a bit.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
That was just the team on a hot streak. Dwight King definitely had his moments where he came up big but by no means was he actually a good player. The fact he kept getting top 6 minutes was mind blowing

When you're the coaches favorite, and the captain IS NOT, it tends to happen.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Quick was clutch, and glad to see he didn't lose focus when going for loooong stretches with no action before suddenly having to bail out a breakdown.

Vilardi has ice blood in his veins.

JAD line was dangerous again.

The Fire Hydrant, still so dangerous within 15 feet of the net, and what a sublime pass from Kopi

Toby Bjornfot is so f***ing fun to watch, there's nothing he can't do, but I appreciate his conservative game, he doesn't force it. Aggressive when necessary, thoughtful when necessary.

Washed up ass Drew Doughty is going to make so many people mad this year, our top 4 is looking very good with Doughty-Anderson-Roy-LHD du jour, and can't really complain about Strand-Maatta either. Olli drew some calls with his abilities tonight. Cheers to him.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Well at the very least they know they have a solid right hand defenseman waiting in the wings in case anyone gets hurt or is unfit to play. Strand is going back to Ontario or taxi when Walker returns. Hopefully Maatta has some sort of chemistry with Walker. Macdermid can keep watching games from the Press Box.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Maybe someone will pick up Maatta at the deadline, or if not, perhaps Seattle would like a sip.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
@Sol are you high tonight or something haha. Taking a giant dump on the best coach and GM in the history of the franchise and a guy that played a key role in two Cups all because of a shootout win against Arizona that just put this team in 5th place?

I mean, you could have said this in 2010 except said you're glad Taylor, Andy Murray and Craig Conroy were gone except none of those guys actually won a damn thing. Actually, 2010 would be too kind since that team was much better.

I don't know dude... You're wondering what T-Macs system is a week ago and now we're stoked on everyone and shitting on the people that took us to the promised land.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
Yeah, I think I remember this poster named Dmacles on here who kept talking about what a good player king was just because he came up clutch in the playoffs a couple times. King was a bad player who happened to have moments of glory. Didn't Fraser score an OT goal in the playoffs? He had no talent. Did that make him a good player or did he just have luck on that one time he shot the puck lol
You don't play in the NHL or any other professional sport without a tremendous amount of smarts, hard work, and TALENT. These guys sacrificed as much as anyone to bring Los Angeles 2 championships and your level of disrespect is staggering. Both players brought elements to the team that were desperately needed at the time.

Reactions: mbar and Choralone

TruKingFan

Two-Time Cup Winner
Aug 16, 2004
Beachfront
Toby Bjornfot!!! Please don't send this kid back please he's here to stay!!!

Got face washed and pushed over backwards onto the ice and didn’t miss a beat - he’s going to be a good one. But I agree with sending him down once Walker is back, slide his ELC and play top pair minutes on the Reign.

Reactions: ru4reals

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad