GDT: 2020-21 season game 15 LA Kings vs Arizona Coyotes @6:00pm 2/18/21

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Colin Fraser, Hunter and his favorite, Dwight King. Remember when people were saying Dwight King was a decent NHL player and we were just being too hard on him lol.
Love him or hate Dwight King gave the Kings even more size than they already had...Kopi,Carts,Penner,King,Nolan...that was a whole lot of size to contend with...remember before the Kings brought up King and Nolan and traded for Carts they were barely a play-off team if my memory serves me right

Reactions: 21Dog

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
I've been impressed with TMac. He is making solid personnel choices and has been getting more out of his roster. He also has been holding guys accountable and even getting solid improvement out of their game and development.

He is doing a fine job of balancing development and trying to win. It's one of the reasons I liked that he got 5 years, he can look at the longterm benefits.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Love him or hate Dwight King gave the Kings even more size than they already had...Kopi,Carts,Penner,King,Nolan...that was a whole lot of size to contend with...remember before the Kings brought up King and Nolan and traded for Carts they were barely a play-off team if my memory serves me right

That was just the team on a hot streak. Dwight King definitely had his moments where he came up big but by no means was he actually a good player. The fact he kept getting top 6 minutes was mind blowing

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017

That was Sutters first move if I remember right. He went to Manchester before taking over and watched the team. When he came on board they called up Kings and Nolan.

Reactions: andys

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
That was just the team on a hot streak. Dwight King definitely had his moments where he came up big but by no means was he actually a good player. The fact he kept getting top 6 minutes was mind blowing
Top 6 on occasion...when Penner was here in 2012 he played LWing with Richards and Carts! King as I recall played with Stollie and J Willliams

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
That was Sutters first move if I remember right. He went to Manchester before taking over and watched the team. When he came on board they called up Kings and Nolan.
I think you are right. Then they sent J Johnson to Columbus and brought Carts in and Voynov up from Manchester

Reactions: crassbonanza

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Really? I still think those two could latch on somewhere and drag another franchise to the promise land.

I highly doubt it. Unless DL is a reformed man that suddenly likes Euros and Speed. And on top of that. I remember there being articles about Sutter after the Kings fired him in regards to him having issues with brown I believe and some other players. Sutter knew how to light a fire under the Kings, but how much of it was coaching or just the fact that Murrays suffocating system was gone, Idk.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Which was actually somewhat of a disaster. I believe the Kings lost 5 of their next 6.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Top 6 on occasion...when Penner was here in 2012 he played LWing with Richards and Carts! King as I recall played with Stollie and J Willliams
Ah yeah, Richards. The guy who kept getting top 6 ice time when he couldn't hold on to the puck and or play defense. It took a miracle for the Kings to finally stop giving him icetime and PP time. He was so bad after the Bolland hit.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Ah yeah, Richards. The guy who kept getting top 6 ice time when he couldn't hold on to the puck and or play defense. It took a miracle for the Kings to finally stop giving him icetime and PP time. He was so bad after the Bolland hit.
Loved Richards he was the consummate team player

Reactions: shuchukfan

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
I highly doubt it. Unless DL is a reformed man that suddenly likes Euros and Speed. And on top of that. I remember there being articles about Sutter after the Kings fired him in regards to him having issues with brown I believe and some other players. Sutter knew how to light a fire under the Kings, but how much of it was coaching or just the fact that Murrays suffocating system was gone, Idk.

They were'nt perfect but the style of game they brought was effective then and probably now. It just wasnt sustainable for the team too keep playing. Speed and flash only get teams so far. Id love to see another dl lead franchise meat grind their way to cups like we did.

Reactions: crassbonanza

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Loved Richards he was the consummate team player
He was really good when he was on, and he was really bad after the hit. I soured a lot on Richards mainly because he was getting such a long rope to bounce back when his game was absolutely brutal. And when the Kings didn't use the buy out on him it was infuriating.

Reactions: andys

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
They were'nt perfect but the style of game they brought was effective then and probably now. It just wasnt sustainable for the team too keep playing. Speed and flash only get teams so far. Id love to see another dl lead franchise meat grind their way to cups like we did.

I don't know how effective he'd be in the current NHL. He got fired for a reason. His model stopped working and he got too emotional to be a GM.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad