Not open for further replies.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Having a D of:

Provy-Ghost
Sanheim-Braun
Ekholm-Myers

would be pretty sweet.

I think Zamula + 1st is as high as I would go. We also would have to consider going 4-4 in the ED which probably would be ok.

Reactions: Tripod and tucson83

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Having a D of:

Provy-Ghost
Sanheim-Braun
Ekholm-Myers

would be pretty sweet.

I think Zamula + 1st is as high as I would go. We also would have to consider going 4-4 in the ED which probably would be ok.

Tough call. I like the idea of Ekholm, but not sure about Zamula. Ek will be 31 in May, and only signed through next year (at which point, you almost need to re-sign him and is a 32 year old going to want 6,7,8 years?)

Trade ends up being Ekholm for Zamula, 1st and someone like Ghost, Voracek, JVR, Lindblom, Patrick as a result of having to protect 4/4.

But you gotta give to get, and we do need someone.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Having a D of:

Provy-Ghost
Sanheim-Braun
Ekholm-Myers

would be pretty sweet.

If you go 4-4 in the expansion draft, then we’re talking about paying Seattle to do what we want. And that’s something that may happen anyways.

A trade for Ekholm in all likelihood is a rental move.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
But you gotta give to get, and we do need someone.

Not really sure about that.
Ekholm seems to have peaked 24-28 ago, since then he's solid but not special, at 30 that may be who he is. TOI is down 2 minutes this year.
As a LHD he may be a tough fit.

With Braun with his legs under him, Ghost playing the best he has in 3 years, even Gus settling in, there's not an urgent need, and Ekholm is both expensive and not exactly what the Flyers need (RHD to pair with Provorov or Sanheim). And Hogberg and Zamula are months, not years, from the NHL.

Renting Ekholm is certainly not worth Sanheim, I don't think he brings much more than Ghost other than size (he's not particularly physical), and I'd be reluctant to give up major assets this year.

Reactions: renberg

eaglesfan0366

Nov 26, 2017
Was reading The Athletic's top potential trade deadline list.

2nd best defensemen available after Eckholm is Brandon Montour, who is a righty for 3.85M with one year left on his deal. Would he be an upgrade on the third pairing?

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014

2nd best defensemen available after Eckholm is Brandon Montour, who is a righty for 3.85M with one year left on his deal. Would he be an upgrade on the third pairing?
I've long thought that Keith Jones is privy to inside organizational information, and occasionally he will very subtly give hints if you pay extremely close attention. There was a way he mentioned Montour on Saturday that immediately triggered my senses. I didn't even know Montour only had one year left -- I immediately looked it up, though, based solely on the inflections in a two-second exchanged between Jones and Jackson. I would say it's very likely his name has been discussed as a target.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015

We need LD I think.

Our RDs are Ghost, Myers and Braun. And I doubt that AV will scratch Braun. And I dont see Ghost on LD, he is much better on RD.

Reactions: Tripod
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad