2020/21 Roster Thread VI: The Edge of Gory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
ISNT he similar to Gustaffson.
That isn't my impression as far as being that one dimensional all o no d. But he did not fit at all with Buffalo and has underachieved there the whole time. He needs a change of scenery BADLY. I am not saying he is a top 4d at this point, just that he is better than Hagg/Braun and he might be best rental rhd out there(that is a truly sad comment I know).

rinaldo

Ignored Mmber
Apr 7, 2019
Wonder if the players association will step in seeing how incompetent the organization is at the current time.

rinaldo

Ignored Mmber
Apr 7, 2019
That isn't my impression as far as being that one dimensional all o no d. But he did not fit at all with Buffalo and has underachieved there the whole time. He needs a change of scenery BADLY. I am not saying he is a top 4d at this point, just that he is better than Hagg/Braun and he might be best rental rhd out there(that is a truly sad comment I know).
he also has been been rotated from left to right D. Has had multiple d partners; put him on the right side with a consistent partner my guess is you get good results.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Why does this team bother drafting players if it will never play them. f***ing Hagg is terrible night in night out, but is superglued to the roster sheet?

Cool story Flyers. Look forward to Morin playing over other deserving forward prospects.
Because Hextall drafted smol boys who could actually play and then Fletcher and AV came in and said "no. nead big hitturs"

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It's dissolute that Hogg was given Morin's spot without deserving it and has become a roster staple to rival Sanheim and Myers. Now Morin is back, but instead of displacing a Hogg he has always ever outplayed as a dman, he is now displacing other players and is being given a spot he doesn't deserve.

Does this team operate exclusively via monkey paws? "I wish Morin could make the NHL roster." Granted!

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
It's dissolute that Hogg was given Morin's spot without deserving it and has become a roster staple to rival Sanheim and Myers. Now Morin is back, but instead of displacing a Hogg he has always ever outplayed as a dman, he is now displacing other players and is being given a spot he doesn't deserve.

Does this team operate exclusively via monkey paws? "I wish Morin could make the NHL roster." Granted!
Circle of life. Next step is Kase coming back to the Flyers as a defenceman and displacing Sanheim.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Robert Hagg has been a f***ing poison pill for this organization. I truly hate him for it, even if it's really not his fault.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
To be fair, only the Flyers are dealing with injuries and COVID issues, so he has a point.

Thing is, injuries aside. Nobody held a gun to his head and forced Fletcher to go into this season with this defense core. The notion that not one viable deal could be found is one I will never believe in.

Yes Hart has struggled, but they were one injury away from icing Hagg, Braun and Guss as regulars. That’s not a championship caliber club. Or one that aspires to be. With a defense core that included Ghost and Myers who aren’t exactly guys that have lengthy Ironman streaks.

Yes injuries and Covid are an issue, but complacency is a bigger one.

The heat on Fletcher and AV needs to be turned up. Seeing the beat guys trying to cover for them, shows the organization imo sees this. I think fan perception is something they are aware of. Whether they choose to act on it we will see.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Thing is, injuries aside. Nobody held a gun to his head and forced Fletcher to go into this season with this defense core. The notion that not one viable deal could be found is one I will never believe in.

Yes Hart has struggled, but they were one injury away from icing Hagg, Braun and Guss as regulars. That’s not a championship caliber club. Or one that aspires to be. With a defense core that included Ghost and Myers who aren’t exactly guys that have lengthy Ironman streaks.

Yes injuries and Covid are an issue, but complacency is a bigger one.

The heat on Fletcher and AV needs to be turned up. Seeing the beat guys trying to cover for them, shows the organization imo sees this. I think fan perception is something they are aware of. Whether they choose to act on it we will see.
Even without making a different signing or a trade, simply not signing Hagg makes the defense much better.

And yet we decided to pay money to have a weaker roster. Great job Fletcher.

If it was up to me, we go after Gudas.

Sanheim-Myers
Provorov-Ghost
Friedman-Gudas
7D

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Even without making a different signing or a trade, simply not signing Hagg makes the defense much better.

And yet we decided to pay money to have a weaker roster. Great job Fletcher.

The stylistic issues are being very much exposed. Hart isn’t covering for them like he did with Montreal, which I assume they thought of as a successful series.

They advanced, but it was Hart that won that series.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Robert Hagg has been a f***ing poison pill for this organization. I truly hate him for it, even if it's really not his fault.

The team has to always have at least one player who can routinely be so bad that he can cost the team games all on his own. It's tradition and they can't violate tradition. If they aren't sure they have this player they will go out of their way to ensure they do.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Hagg does one thing as an NHL defenseman really well....He’s 6’2” 200+Lbs

The hockey part is just a dumpster fire filled with poop.

I’ll be completely and utterly shocked if Friedman ends up as a worse NHLer than Hagg. As in, completely flabbergasted.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Not going to get worked up about a depth defensemen being waived. There’s bigger fish to fry with this roster as in bigger problems.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The team has to always have at least one player who can routinely be so bad that he can cost the team games all on his own. It's tradition and they can't violate tradition. If they aren't sure they have this player they will go out of their way to ensure they do.

His replacement, Ginning, is already queued up. He'll be big and block shots and hence block a better dman from playing for 4-5 seasons after Hagg is gone.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
His replacement, Ginning, is already queued up. He'll be big and block shots and hence block a better dman from playing for 4-5 seasons after Hagg is gone.

I don't see how Ginning has a spot on this roster. Zamula and York are clearly ahead of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad