2020-21 Expected Roster Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
They need to continue to pair him with Keith so he can get back to cover for Bo jumping into the play. I don't trust anyone else to get back.

Liked your post except for this. D men adjust to their partners. I think CdH is quite capable of being paired effectively with Boqvist.

Highly doubt Boqvist will be great next season. Fully expecting him to be better, possibly a good deal better. How great was Keith early?

Fingers and Toews

PIKA PIKA PIKACHU
Sep 21, 2020
Chicago
Liked your post except for this. D men adjust to their partners. I think CdH is quite capable of being paired effectively with Boqvist.

Highly doubt Boqvist will be great next season. Fully expecting him to be better, possibly a good deal better. How great was Keith early?

21 points in 81 games in his first full season. But his next four seasons he had 31, 32, 44, and 69 points.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

CDH cant skate like Keith

Keith can still skate great and cover for Bo when Boqvist takes chances

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Who is Matt Russo?

Hawks trading for Dumba would be idiotic and set back franchise overpaying for an offensive dman who struggles defensively and has failed to replicate his "Breakthru" season of a few years back

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I'll say the same thing as I did with the Ekblad stuff, the Hawks shouldn't spend assets on RHD. It makes no sense.

Run Murphy, Mitchell, and Boqvist down the right side next season.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I'll say the same thing as I did with the Ekblad stuff, the Hawks shouldn't spend assets on RHD. It makes no sense.

Nah we should bring back Koek for RD so that we have 3 RD in Murphy , Boqvist and Koek on roster (+ Seabrook as #7)

Mitchell is a Hog until he shows he is worthy of playing in NHL

Though as I said moving Mitchell in package for an NHL defender with term would be fine move for organization

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Also this is the team that had no problem trading away Jokiharju. It's pretty clear Stan is not looking to acquire RHD. Baseless speculation.

Stan also had no problem trading away Panarin , Teravainen and Danault. Its pretty clear Stan doesn't know what he is doing more often then not

He also hired the disaster we call a coach

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Nah we should bring back Koek for RD so that we have 3 RD in Murphy , Boqvist and Koek on roster (+ Seabrook as #7)

Mitchell is a Hog until he shows he is worthy of playing in NHL

Though as I said moving Mitchell in package for an NHL defender with term would be fine move for organization
Koekkoek will be brought back, but it won't be to take Ian's spot. Ain't nobody touching that spot.

...Ian in Rockford :laugh:

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
No to Dumba unless we’re trading Boqvist+ for Sergachev and we can get Dumba for Strome.

Sergachev-Murphy
Keith-Dumba
Koekkoek/CDH/Maatta-Mitchell

That’s a d-core I could get behind.

Reactions: ChiHawk21

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

Replace Murphy with Ekblad and the D would be much better. Can always replenish some of those assets with what we get from Murphy, or make him part of the deal.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Strome for Dumba is a deal I could swallow.

Keith - Dumba
Murphy - Mitchell
De Haan - Boqvist

And if they trade Saad for Habs 1st 2020 and our own 2nd 2020, I'm on board with that. Only if both of them happens.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Strome for Dumba is a deal I could swallow.

Keith - Dumba
Murphy - Mitchell
De Haan - Boqvist

And if they trade Saad for Habs 1st 2020 and our own 2nd 2020, I'm on board with that. Only if both of them happens.

Id rather have saad, frankly.

But if you could get a mid first for saad I’m in.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Id rather have saad, frankly.

But if you could get a mid first for saad I’m in.

I don’t think my ”scenario” was even a scenario because I dont think that’s gonna happen. Just sais what I want to happen if we get Dumba.

Have to say though that D core looks pretty good.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
I think Dumba will regain his offensive form either next year or the year after but he's just not very good defensively and that's the issue with the Blackhawks.
I don't see how he makes the team better.

He's a Shattenkirk type but more physical.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Who is Matt Russo?

Hawks trading for Dumba would be idiotic and set back franchise overpaying for an offensive dman who struggles defensively and has failed to replicate his "Breakthru" season of a few years back

If it's Michael Russo, he's a reporter for the Athletic covering the Wild. I haven't had a chance to listen to his podcast which is where I assume this is coming from. Russo has very, very good sources. Reports the behind the scenes stuff in a way the Hawks reporters don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad