2020-21 Expected Roster Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
You guys are nuts. Ekblad looked awesome on a garbage Florida team. He is absolutely a number 1 dman. And he’s 24 years old still. 41 points as well.

Injuries suck yes, but if Florida would actually accept Debrincat and Boqvist for him I do that deal so fast. Hell throw Strome in there as well.

#1 defensemen rarely become available unless they’re like 30 and on the UFA market, or you draft one.

Seems like if Ekblad really is available then the Hawks should be aggressive here.

He’s a piece that accelerates the retool, and becomes a franchise leader.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
#1 defensemen rarely become available unless they’re like 30 and on the UFA market, or you draft one.

Seems like if Ekblad really is available then the Hawks should be aggressive here.

The only thing is, I don’t know how available he actually is. But yeah if he actually was available, I would give up a lot to get him. The three I mentioned above, the first round pick, hell if they need a warm body send them Maatta or something as well. It would be a pretty little package I’d offer.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I would rather try to trade for OEL then Ekblad

Yotes are looking to move guys out so assuming full contract would be helpful for Hawks. Move a guy like Maatta in deal to help with cap and in longrun OEL fits comfortably after initial tight cap

Yotes also need picks after NHL stripped them of 1st + 2nd

Also Mitchell and Boqvist have higher upside then our LD in system so OEL level talent is not something I see coming from our current group of LD prospects

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

Yotes are looking to move guys out so assuming full contract would be helpful for Hawks. Move a guy like Maatta in deal to help with cap and in longrun OEL fits comfortably after initial tight cap

Also Mitchell and Boqvist have higher upside then our LD in system so OEL level talent is not something I see coming from our current group of LD prospects

If you can get OEL without giving up Boqvist, I’d be interested

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Ekblad/Murphy/Mitchell down the right side would be interesting...Would probably need to be Ekblad+ pick for Cat + Boqvist

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
I guess it would depend what other deals are out there for Saad/Strome and what they can add via UFA and trades...Maybe they can send Seabrook to VAN for Eriksson
Maybe Chevy in Winnipeg could be sucker-punched into taking Saad and Strome + a pick ( or David Kampf), for Kyle Connor and Adam Lowry? Throw in Seabrook for Bryan Little with it?
Imagine Connor with Dach-C and Kaner on the Rw?? Or Kubalik-Toews-Connor? And Kaner-Dach and the'Cat

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014

If it were cheap, they retained on OEL, or they took Seabrook back, I’d be interested. Funny thing is, Ekblad had 11 more points in 1 more game and is a lot better defensively. Having said that, he would cost quite a bit more.

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
You guys are nuts. Ekblad looked awesome on a garbage Florida team. He is absolutely a number 1 dman. And he’s 24 years old still. 41 points as well.

Injuries suck yes, but if Florida would actually accept Debrincat and Boqvist for him I do that deal so fast. Hell throw Strome in there as well.

100%. Ekblad is a legit top-pairing D. Something we don’t have. If it took DeBrincat, Strome, Boqvist, and 17 for Ekblad, I’d likely do it because Ekblad has that kind of potential.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny

STAN would have to "get all over it" as word up north has it there is heavy talk around Laine + in Wpg to Fla for Ekbkad+. Have to
compete hard if this is true. Fla likely losing top wingers Dadonov and Hoffman to FA. They need a top scoring young winger. With the Finnish star in Barkov and a few up&coming prospects of Finnish silk...Laine makes sense there!

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
For Ekblad I would give

2 big contract, Keith, Maatta, CDH, Murphy or Saad.
+
1 Prospect, Boqvist, Mitchell, Nylander, Strome or AHL(Kurashev...)
+
1st or 2nd pick

For OEL the center piece would be Seabrook.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I think Boqvist is going to be great next year. Maybe McDonough forcing Bowman to send him to the Hawks will turn out to be a good thing.
I don't necessarily think he'll be great next year, but the following one probably.

I do think Bo scores 10-15 goals next year because his shot is that good.

They need to continue to pair him with Keith so he can get back to cover for Bo jumping into the play. I don't trust anyone else to get back.

That being said, I was impressed with Boqvist's defense this year as it was much better than advertised.

Reactions: Fingers and Toews
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad