2020-21 Expected Roster Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
I don't know that I would have thrown Kurashev into a playoff game against arguably the most physical team in the playoffs for his NHL debut. He had already missed time this year due to injuries, adjusting to the Pro game/physicality in the AHL. He'll get a chance next year I'm sure.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
So are we already preparing ourselves for another bottom of the division finish? Hopefully Stan is on the phones trying to improve for next year. I’m surprised there haven’t been more moves league wide yet. Once something big happens I bet we see a barrage of trades.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
So are we already preparing ourselves for another bottom of the division finish? Hopefully Stan is on the phones trying to improve for next year. I’m surprised there haven’t been more moves league wide yet. Once something big happens I bet we see a barrage of trades.
What do you mean "we"?

I think we'll be better than at least the Wild next season. They are looking like they are in full rebuild mode over there. Wouldn't be surprised if we were better than Nashville and Winnipeg too; neither looked all that great in Edmonton, especially Nashville.

I could see us being last, but I could also see us being 4th, maybe 3rd if things go our way.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
And there's no way putting in a rookie might help you win the game vs some plug like Quenneville...... Meanwhile Dallas played some rando with like 10 nhl games in game 7 vs the Avs and he scored a hat trick to send them to the Conference Finals.

exactly, Kurashev should have been called up after he came back from his concussion and played really well for the hogs

too bad Colliton doesn't have a set of balls

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
I think we'll be better than at least the Wild next season. They are looking like they are in full rebuild mode over there. Wouldn't be surprised if we were better than Nashville and Winnipeg too; neither looked all that great in Edmonton, especially Nashville.

I was pretty confident in all this last year too but how did that work out? If we come back with the same team we most likely get the same result. Bottom in the division for the 4th year in a row.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I was pretty confident in all this last year too but how did that work out? If we come back with the same team we most likely get the same result. Bottom in the division for the 4th year in a row.
It's hockey, crazier things have happened.

I wouldn't have thought the Hawks would've cleaned up their shit as much as they did in Edmonton and actually beat the Oilers, but that's what happened.

Toews, Kane, and Keith will get older, and likely worse. But over half the team will improve just because they've grown closer to hitting their peak.

Just look at Kirby. Kid played, what, 6 more minutes per game in the postseason? Him following that performance up can only be a good thing for us.

Sure, we may finish last again. Who the f*** knows? But that's kinda my point, I could see us last again, but I could conceivably see us at 4th or even 3rd. The kids get better and a few teams get worse and that becomes a very real possibility.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
It's hockey, crazier things have happened.

I wouldn't have thought the Hawks would've cleaned up their shit as much as they did in Edmonton and actually beat the Oilers, but that's what happened.

Toews, Kane, and Keith will get older, and likely worse. But over half the team will improve just because they've grown closer to hitting their peak.

Just look at Kirby. Kid played, what, 6 more minutes per game in the postseason? Him following that performance up can only be a good thing for us.

Sure, we may finish last again. Who the f*** knows? But that's kinda my point, I could see us last again, but I could conceivably see us at 4th or even 3rd. The kids get better and a few teams get worse and that becomes a very real possibility.

Yeah I see it this way too and I’m sure everyone else does too but I’m ready to see some REAL moves to improve this hockey team for the future. We saw the moves to try to make the playoffs this year and it failed but we still made it with weird circumstances. Time for Stan to nut up or shut up. His 24 month plan is due at the end of next season or he should be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad