2020-21 Expected Roster Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
wonder if this kuemper leak is from Hawks side to let crow know they will go to market for a goalie if he's asking for anything more than 4m...Crawford should know that if he's serious about winning another cup before he retires and wants to stay in chicago then he shouldnt push for max dollars

if Crow wants a penny more than 3.5 on a one year deal, let him walk. If Crow wants a 2 year deal, drive him to the airport and say thanks for all the hard work but we are done.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
It wasn't until they put a contract in front of him with a ~50% pay cut then it suddenly became about money

Honestly, Crow will be lucky to get 3mil from a team as a UFA. Not many teams need a goalie, and there are lots available. Not a time to be pushing for more money IMO.

Honestly, considering his age and injury history, I feel the Hawks' offer is pretty darn good.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
I mean Crow is not Cam Ward level... Him getting 4 mil is entirely fair for a year or two, which is where i think they will end up anyway.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Ya, I was thinking like 2-3mil max. I think he's in for a rude awakening if he thinks he is getting much more than that. Maybe he retires instead.

Think the offer was purposely high, out of respect. There's an almost zero chance he'll find a better situation (starter & salary) than with the Hawks.

Seeing as pretty much everything is on hold 'til Crow is resolved, I'm more than fine with giving him a deadline.

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
Aaron Ekblad may be available. I’d give up two of DeBrincat/Strome/Boqvist plus 17 and maybe even another 1st for him. LOVE Ekblad.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Ekbkad though would still be on a losrr ...cause Keith and Seabs no longer are reliable dmen...Seabs may be useful as a 4RW though
..and Keith is simply kaput ..agevhascgotvto him and he no longerviscofcanybworth if he cannot function in the role he held for so long as a#1 D...unfortuateky he us no longer even a 2,3,4,5 orv6 d in either defending or attacking special essential or acceptable level of use...reducing monitescwill notbhelp "fumbles" keoth ..norcwoll waivevthe stick and now miss Keith be able to stop anyone when they coneni on attack against him
..so hebus official albatriss material now..but we cannotvtradevhim(re-vaoture risk) even if some idiot team is stupid enough to want hom.

It looks to me like end of the line for him...Now..but in his own mind he says he wantsctompkay till age 45.

when you are finishedxatv37vand Gail to realize it when every kindergarten van see it,you are Albatross material officially...

So gloryvd'vorps= 2 albatrisses now and only moving Seabrook to 4Rw can salvage that problem.. the Keithbproblem is undalvageable ..but I think after nextcseadon Hawkscwill buy him for his final 2 seasons andjust acceptvtge cap hit ...

At some point dealing with 1 albatross is enough...

Unfortunately for our Hawks we gotta deal with2 albatrosses next seadon so no mattercwhobwe bringing it cannot do much given the already huge head-ache 2 and 7 present to the lineup.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Wonder what it would cost to get Ben Bishop? 4.9 for 3 more years.

Obviously would want Dallas to retain some of that.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Ekbkad though would still be on a losrr ...cause Keith and Seabs no longer are reliable dmen...Seabs may be useful as a 4RW though
..and Keith is simply kaput ..agevhascgotvto him and he no longerviscofcanybworth if he cannot function in the role he held for so long as a#1 D...unfortuateky he us no longer even a 2,3,4,5 orv6 d in either defending or attacking special essential or acceptable level of use...reducing monitescwill notbhelp "fumbles" keoth ..norcwoll waivevthe stick and now miss Keith be able to stop anyone when they coneni on attack against him
..so hebus official albatriss material now..but we cannotvtradevhim(re-vaoture risk) even if some idiot team is stupid enough to want hom.

It looks to me like end of the line for him...Now..but in his own mind he says he wantsctompkay till age 45.

when you are finishedxatv37vand Gail to realize it when every kindergarten van see it,you are Albatross material officially...

So gloryvd'vorps= 2 albatrisses now and only moving Seabrook to 4Rw can salvage that problem.. the Keithbproblem is undalvageable ..but I think after nextcseadon Hawkscwill buy him for his final 2 seasons andjust acceptvtge cap hit ...

At some point dealing with 1 albatross is enough...

Unfortunately for our Hawks we gotta deal with2 albatrosses next seadon so no mattercwhobwe bringing it cannot do much given the already huge head-ache 2 and 7 present to the lineup.

yeah for sure

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Ekblad has a TON of concussions and miles on his body already. I wouldn't turn it down but wouldn't give up Boqvist + for him either.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Ekblad has a TON of concussions and miles on his body already. I wouldn't turn it down but wouldn't give up Boqvist + for him either.
You guys are nuts. Ekblad looked awesome on a garbage Florida team. He is absolutely a number 1 dman. And he’s 24 years old still. 41 points as well.

Injuries suck yes, but if Florida would actually accept Debrincat and Boqvist for him I do that deal so fast. Hell throw Strome in there as well.

Reactions: TheDachKnight
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad