Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
What would it take to get Laine?

would either of these work?
1) DeBrincat, Nylander, Beaudin
2) DeBrincat, Nylander and 17th overall

or what other package could work?

Dont want to pay Laine 9M+ in a year. Not worth it.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
I don't think Smith is on IR anymore. I think he had a family issue which kept him from being in the playoffs.

Buying him out will reduce his cap hit to $1,083,333 for the next two seasons.

I thought he missed the playoffs due to back problems. But perhaps I'm remembering incorrectly.

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Strome is slow and one dimensional as well, and Cat is also one dimensional. You could argue he's also slow for a player of his size.
Neither have tools as elite as Laine.
Laine is at least as fast as Strome, if not faster.
I'll take Laine.
Laine makes Strome and DeBrincat look dynamic on offense while costing more than both combined only to put up similar goal totals

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
If Hawks truly believe Mitchell is going to be what they expect him to be they should be trying to move Murphy to Leafs for that Pens 1st round pick

Murphy fits exactly what Leafs want and is affordable for next 2 years

Move Murphy and then have CDH slide over to RD fulltime

Keith-Boqvist
Maatta-CDH
Koekkoek-Mitchell
(Seabrook)

-- I have Mitchell on opening roster to appease Musto --

If he isn't ready someone like Carlsson slots into that 3rd pairing with Koekkoek moving to RD

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
If Hawks truly believe Mitchell is going to be what they expect him to be they should be trying to move Murphy to Leafs for that Pens 1st round pick

Murphy fits exactly what Leafs want and is affordable for next 2 years

Move Murphy and then have CDH slide over to RD fulltime

Keith-Boqvist
Maatta-CDH
Koekkoek-Mitchell
(Seabrook)

-- I have Mitchell on opening roster to appease Musto --

If he isn't ready someone like Carlsson slots into that 3rd pairing with Koekkoek moving to RD
BWC, they can't move Murphy until either they're sure that Regula can replace what he brings or they they're sure they can't compete this year or next. He's the only big, physical defenseman the Hawks have. He's also their best defender on the blue line outside of when Keith has turn back the clock games.

I wouldn't re-sign him because of injury issues, but I would keep him at least through the TDL this season. The only way you move Murphy is if you're willing to punt the next two seasons.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
BWC, they can't move Murphy until either they're sure that Regula can replace what he brings or they they're sure they can't compete this year or next. He's the only big, physical defenseman the Hawks have. He's also their best defender on the blue line outside of when Keith has turn back the clock games.

I wouldn't re-sign him because of injury issues, but I would keep him at least through the TDL this season. The only way you move Murphy is if you're willing to punt the next two seasons.

Oh BS

You move him when you can

Stan has had no problem trading good players with no replacement on roster or even system

Murphy is so overrated by this board its laughable and the longer you hold onto him the less valuable he is

Hawks aren't contending for cup so moving a guy like Murphy should not be issue

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Watching this Goodrow-Gourde-Coleman third line, it’s kind of funny the Hawks think a DeBrincat-Strome type third line is what’s needed to be competitive.

Maybe they’re counting on DeBrincat to suddenly start playing like Gourde, and Strome’s second ball to finally drop?

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
Watching this Goodrow-Gourde-Coleman third line, it’s kind of funny the Hawks think a DeBrincat-Strome type third line is what’s needed to be competitive.

Maybe they’re counting on DeBrincat to suddenly start playing like Gourde, and Strome’s second ball to finally drop?

I think it’s more that they tried to spread out scoring while keeping two players who typically play well together on the same line.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Oh BS

You move him when you can

Stan has had no problem trading good players with no replacement on roster or even system

Murphy is so overrated by this board its laughable and the longer you hold onto him the less valuable he is

Hawks aren't contending for cup so moving a guy like Murphy should not be issue
I don't disagree, except about the overrated part.

If you're being honest with yourself they're not competing the next couple years anyway so it's not a huge deal. It's probably a better choice to move Murphy for value than attach assets to move Maatta or de Haan.

They better get value for him if they choose Murphy as the defenseman who gets moved..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad