Dumba-Ekblad
DeHaan-Murphy
Koekkoek-Mitchell
Seeler-Seabrook

Crow
Delia

Couple things

Why the hell would Nashville do that?

Also Florida’s giving up their best D for a 37 year old Keith, cap dump in Smith and Boqvist?

As a rule of thumb, if the trade is this sweet for your team, it’s probably a terrible proposal.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Shake up!

Nylander and 17 for Nashville 11
Draft Sanderson at 11
Keith Smith and Boqvist to Florida for Ekblad
Saad to Minnesota for Dumba
Sign Maroon 1 year 2 mil

Debrincat-Toews-Kubalik
Maroon-Dach-Kane
Shaw-Strome-Suter
Carpenter-Kampf-Highmore
Hagel

Dumba-Ekblad
DeHaan-Murphy
Koekkoek-Mitchell
Seeler-Seabrook

Crow
Delia

1) first trade I’m on board with, just wouldn’t draft Sanderson, Quinn or Lundell for me.
2) sentimental reasons: no for that trade but Ekblad would be very good addition for that team
3) I’m fine for that
4) No

But yeah, most of those wont happen. Strome and Saad for Dumba, Eriksson EK and pick 39?

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
I've seen Shaw and Mitchell penciled into opening night lineups. Is this something in should expect? What's Shaws current injury status?

No idea about his injury status but he intends to play next year. I think if he’s healthy, he’s a definite upgrade for our top-9. As for Mitchell, he’s definitely got a shot to make the roster. I wouldn’t necessarily pencil him into the line-up just yet but I think he makes the roster. If he does, that might put the final nail in the coffin for Seabrook’s time here. I don’t expect the cost to trade him would be cheap, but I imagine Seabrook would be willing to waive his NMC if a team was willing to play him.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
If Shaw is healthy, he'll play.

Ian Mitchell is a god.

upload_2020-9-25_9-34-24.gif

Reactions: CallMeShaft

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
getting beat on for suggesting Keith for Debrusk on the bruins board. Am i way off on the value?

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
reports are Senators will waive and buyout Bobby Ryan.

would you trade Saad, move salary, get a good return and then sign Bobby Ryan cheap as a replacement? His production numbers aren't far off Saad's the last few years while on a terrible team (the worst run team in the NHL)

guy obviously has a ton of talent still and if he's clean it's a low risk high reward shot, and they gave emery, carcillo, tootoo, darling shots after

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
reports are Senators will waive and buyout Bobby Ryan.

would you trade Saad, move salary, get a good return and then sign Bobby Ryan cheap as a replacement? His production numbers aren't far off Saad's the last few years while on a terrible team (the worst run team in the NHL)

guy obviously has a ton of talent still and if he's clean it's a low risk high reward shot, and they gave emery, carcillo, tootoo, darling shots after
It depends how cheap he comes. We need to prioritize re-signing Strome and Kubalik, then finding a goalie first and foremost.

Bobby Ryan, despite his glass hands, is a decent player and an even better locker room guy. I wouldn't mind having him, but it would have to be really cheap and it's not a priority.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
my guess is both get bought out. no one is going to trade those guys unless we sweeten alot. go another way lets say both get bought out what do they sign for when UFA hits? smith is a PTO and Matta under $2 mil.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Even with the expected moves, we're dog paddling until we get Seabs (and quite probably Shaw) off the books and somehow get a top pairing LD. Love Keith, but he's not really a top pairing guy anymore. Not really worried about the goalie position. Really think the best we can hope for is making the playoffs and hopefully getting past round 1.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Can Smith be bought out? My understanding is you can't buy out someone on IR unless they agree.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Can Smith be bought out? My understanding is you can't buy out someone on IR unless they agree.
I don't think Smith is on IR anymore. I think he had a family issue which kept him from being in the playoffs.

Buying him out will reduce his cap hit to $1,083,333 for the next two seasons.

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
What would it take to get Laine?

would either of these work?
1) DeBrincat, Nylander, Beaudin
2) DeBrincat, Nylander and 17th overall

or what other package could work?

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Shake up!

Nylander and 17 for Nashville 11
Draft Sanderson at 11
Keith Smith and Boqvist to Florida for Ekblad
Saad to Minnesota for Dumba
Sign Maroon 1 year 2 mil

Debrincat-Toews-Kubalik
Maroon-Dach-Kane
Shaw-Strome-Suter
Carpenter-Kampf-Highmore
Hagel

Dumba-Ekblad
DeHaan-Murphy
Koekkoek-Mitchell
Seeler-Seabrook

Crow
Delia
Don't pick Sanderson, and I have doubts he will be there, whoever picks Sanderson in the top 10, the fanbase not be happy.
Florida hang up the phone. Boqvist and two cap dumps for Ekblad would make them laugh at us. I love Keith, but thats how he is regarded at this point.
Saad for futures would be better IMO, especially since we need LD more than RD.
Idc about signing Maroon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad