Prospect Info: 2020-2021 Senators Prospect Watch - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Spent some time in the Sharks forum today. Several posters said they have been happy/impressed with how Balcers has played. Perfunctory note - yes, he's only played 7 games so far.

Honestly at this point those miserable sons of guns probably deserve him. Ive gone from hating them and wanting to gloat, to just feeling straight up sorry for them.

You can add up Karlsson and Balcers points this year and still come up short of Chris Tierney's production... never mind that German kid..

We really dont need Balcers, not like SJ and their abysmal prospect pool does. If anything he was just another road block for the other kids like Brown, Formenton and Abramov to deal with. Id much prefer we focus on massaging those players into the lineup.

Even if Balcers is a bit ahead of all of them at the moment development wise, his potential is a notch lower than all of them. Even Abramov imo - who is more willing to battle in the hard areas, and more gifted offensively.

And I never mind seeing a kid get a chance somewhere else if he's claimed on waivers. Feeling unwanted and like a cast out is not something anyone deserves.

Last edited:

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Anyone got the scoop on Tychonick?

Sounds like he's doing better in Omaha. Six pts in his last 8 games after a pretty cold start.

Am I crazy to think this kid still has a shot now that he's getting better opportunities?

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Honestly at this point those miserable sons of guns probably deserve him at this point. Ive gone from hating them and wanting to gloat, to just feeling straight up sorry for them.

You can add up Karlsson and Balcers points this year and still come up short of Chris Tierney's production... never mind that German kid..

We really dont need Balcers, not like SJ and their abysmal prospect pool does. If anything he was just another road block for the other kids like Brown, Formenton and Abramov to deal with. Id much prefer we focus on massaging those players into the lineup.

Even if Balcers is a bit ahead of all of them at the moment development wise, his potential is a notch lower than all of them. Even Abramov imo - who is more willing to battle in the hard areas, and more gifted offensively.

And I never mind seeing a kid get a chance somewhere else if he's claimed on waivers. Feeling unwanted and like a cast out is not something anyone deserves.
OK. Just went to SJ forum to see how Balcers was doing. Not sure I needed the rest of the info (lecture).

24953_380987026666_7381540_n.jpg

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Guenette with an assist in last night's Val D'Or win.

Phillippe Daoust and Moncton's season resumes after 3 months this week.

Reactions: DrEasy

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Are the Senators likely to add some more prospects to their roster before the season ends? Obviously, there's Logan Brown, but there's probably others as well. You guys would be more up to speed on that. Just curious, so thought I'd ask.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Are the Senators likely to add some more prospects to their roster before the season ends? Obviously, there's Logan Brown, but there's probably others as well. You guys would be more up to speed on that. Just curious, so thought I'd ask.
Formenton (he is easily one of the top 12 forwards currently pro in the organization) likely gets ~10 games over the 2nd half of the season.

Other than that, Pinto and JBD will likely see a few games as incentive for them to sign at the end of NoDak’s season. Sanderson a possibility, but I believe he’ll return for his Sophomore season.

I’m sure a few cups of coffee will be given to guys like Abramov as well.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Formenton (he is easily one of the top 12 forwards currently pro in the organization) likely gets ~10 games over the 2nd half of the season.

Other than that, Pinto and JBD will likely see a few games as incentive for them to sign at the end of NoDak’s season. Sanderson a possibility, but I believe he’ll return for his Sophomore season.

I’m sure a few cups of coffee will be given to guys like Abramov as well.
Thanks for the reply. So, Formenton, Pinto and JBD are the prospects to watch to see if they draw in this year. Thanks.

Reactions: HSF and Emrasie

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Ottawa could have a brand new line after the trade deadline & after UND season ends with ..... Formenton - L. Brown - Pinto ..... They would probably make a decent line of size, skill, speed, grit, playmaking & scoring ability. They have yet to play an NHL game this season & it's doubtful this coaching staff would put the three together, more likely spread them out with some vets.

And they could also have a decent defence pair in .........................
Jake Sanderson LD - J. Bernard- Docker RD at some future point although the same applies with putting two rookies together. I think they also expect a number of other young guys to start challenging for roster spots soon.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Victor Lodin on fire, his team were down 4-0 after 25 mins, but his team won 5-4 in OT, Lodin had 2g and 1a, including the winning goal in OT. After missing a few games he has 4g 5a in last 3 games. This gives him 34pts in 41 games 12g 22a. He is 4th in scoring for Timra.

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
Victor Lodin on fire, his team were down 4-0 after 25 mins, but his team won 5-4 in OT, Lodin had 2g and 1a, including the winning goal in OT. After missing a few games he has 4g 5a in last 3 games. This gives him 34pts in 41 games 12g 22a. He is 4th in scoring for Timra.

Super but let's not forget the league he's playing in. Allsvenskan at 21 with 34 pts in 41 games.

Meh

Reactions: The Expert
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad