Transfer: 2019 Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part III

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

Hopefully he's at least half as good as the last first team Spanish midfielder we bought.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Now PSG linked with Willian. Absolute banter.
Banter to believe everything you read.
That's like the kids here thinking Neymar sent De Jong to Barca or that he got under the knife because of his sister's birthday

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
PSG buying some MLS midfielder apparently. Nkunku maybe headed to Arsenal on loan.

Should've just kept lo Celso with the season he is having lol.

The Washington Post is saying that they're interested in Luciano Acosta. I don't know how much truth there is in that, I know Al-Hilal made an offer (like 7.5 million dollars) for him, though that might have been prior to getting Giovinco, or not. There's some implication City might be interested as well, though I imagine that's more of a buy and stash.

I think Acosta is a decent player, but he's not good enough for PSG. As a nominal DC United supporter, I will be disappointed to see him go, as I figured he would stay another season, but it would be hard to pass up a top dollar offer.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
The Washington Post is saying that they're interested in Luciano Acosta. I don't know how much truth there is in that, I know Al-Hilal made an offer (like 7.5 million dollars) for him, though that might have been prior to getting Giovinco, or not. There's some implication City might be interested as well, though I imagine that's more of a buy and stash.

I think Acosta is a decent player, but he's not good enough for PSG. As a nominal DC United supporter, I will be disappointed to see him go, as I figured he would stay another season, but it would be hard to pass up a top dollar offer.

Just for the laughs I'd love for that to happen.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
I am Roman, i am born in Roma and i live in Roma. I am a Fiorentina fan. Again, be happy with that duo and keep dreaming...

I don't care if you're a Roman that likes LA Galaxy. Doesn't change the fact you sound just like most Roma supporters I know.

And yes, I'll continue to be delusional while you drop nuggets like Roma's defense isn't a problem.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
I don't care if you're a Roman that likes LA Galaxy. Doesn't change the fact you sound just like most Roma supporters I know.

And yes, I'll continue to be delusional while you drop nuggets like Roma's defense isn't a problem.

Don't get the Galaxy part, but again...keep looking at the mote and not at the beam in your eye.

On topic, Vida could be a possibility for Juve.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Don't get the Galaxy part, but again...keep looking at the mote and not at the beam in your eye.

Thanks pal. Will do.

Serenade this board with your wisdom more often. I love hearing about how our defense isn't the issue , and then watching them getting utterly pummelled just hours later.

Roma has two corpses playing on the left side of their defense , and you want to talk about the midfield making it too easy to be bypassed.

Why do you think EDF, a staunch believer in 4-3-3, operates with two pivots ?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
PSG is moving out of the Gueye transfer to get Thiago Mendes, who's just as good and will cost half the price.
Acosta is close to taking his medical. He'll get some playing time at wing since they only have ADM/Draxler as backups, one of which will start in place of Neymar.
The Willian rumors are coming from England. He too could be a Neymar stopgap option, but his price will surely means PSG won't sign him.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Thanks pal. Will do.

Serenade this board with your wisdom more often. I love hearing about how our defense isn't the issue , and then watching them getting utterly pummelled just hours later.

Roma has two corpses playing on the left side of their defense , and you want to talk about the midfield making it too easy to be bypassed.

Why do you think EDF, a staunch believer in 4-3-3, operates with two pivots ?

Your entire team got pummeled, you don't get scored on 13 times in 3 games because of the D. Told you this summer you were in for a rude awakening after that kind of calciomercato session.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Your entire team got pummeled, you don't get scored on 13 times in 3 games because of the D. Told you this summer you were in for a rude awakening after that kind of calciomercato session.

Good god man. Did you watch the game?

If not, watch the highlights and tell me that's anything close to resembling a competent defense.

Maybe stop trying to one-up me and actually answer my damn question: Why do you think EDF operates with two pivots even though he's a 4-3-3 truther? Please, tell me your opinion.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
PSG is moving out of the Gueye transfer to get Thiago Mendes, who's just as good and will cost half the price.
Acosta is close to taking his medical. He'll get some playing time at wing since they only have ADM/Draxler as backups, one of which will start in place of Neymar.
The Willian rumors are coming from England. He too could be a Neymar stopgap option, but his price will surely means PSG won't sign him.
Is PSG really signing Luciano Acosta? Are you kidding? Absolutely awful signing. He was trash before Rooney got to the MLS. And that’s in the MLS. I mean I get there’s only farmers in the French League but if they’re farmers the MLS are a bunch of hobos that run around eating all the rotten crops from those farmers.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Is PSG really signing Luciano Acosta? Are you kidding? Absolutely awful signing. He was trash before Rooney got to the MLS. And that’s in the MLS. I mean I get there’s only farmers in the French League but if they’re farmers the MLS are a bunch of hobos that run around eating all the rotten crops from those farmers.

I know it's just depth and he'll barely see the field, but why not just find someone for a 6-month loan?

Reactions: Gecklund

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Don't know him tbh.
Seems he's targeted as a winger.
I don't doubt there are better wingers for cheaper.
They must see something in him. I know there are multiple teams on him.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
PSG buying some MLS midfielder apparently.

No way is Acosta good enough to play at PSG. There was debate prior to last season if he was worth his salary. One season playing with Rooney, whose contribution was larger than Acosta's to DC United's offense, and now he might go to PSG. I don't buy that. It would be bad transfer business for PSG, if its true.

Reactions: Cassano

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Don't know him tbh.
Seems he's targeted as a winger.
I don't doubt there are better wingers for cheaper.
They must see something in him. I know there are multiple teams on him.
I don’t know what they’d see in him. He’s an average MLS player. Disappears during games. When he’s on he’s definitely good and creative but he can’t turn it on and off by himself if that makes sense. Yes it’s PSG so he will be playing with much better players but he will also be playing against much better players. I can think of many wingers that are better in the MLS alone. I doubt he’s better than any PSG winger. Are they really that short on wingers?

He’d probably fit on a mid-lower table team but even then I doubt it.

Reactions: Cassano

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I don’t know what they’d see in him. He’s an average MLS player. Disappears during games. When he’s on he’s definitely good and creative but he can’t turn it on and off by himself if that makes sense. Yes it’s PSG so he will be playing with much better players but he will also be playing against much better players. I can think of many wingers that are better in the MLS alone. I doubt he’s better than any PSG winger. Are they really that short on wingers?
He's way better than the average MLS player, but he's nowhere near top club level, even on a rotational basis.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad