Transfer: 2019 Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part III

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Hakimi's agent gives BVB hope. "It's no secret that [Hakimi] feels totally comfortable in Dortmund. He can imagine staying for longer." He is set to return to Madrid in summer 2020 with no buy option but Dortmund apparently have a right to match any offer that comes for him, and he has a release clause for an unspecified amount.

I thought he'd be gone in two years for sure but apparently there's some hope he'd stay longer.

Reactions: Dabeast

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
on the Werner deal, I think Bayern get him if they really want him. But it's nice to think about.

Not sure. I'm not close enough to German football to tell, but do we possibly see a change - where teams are trying to avoid dealing with BM? RB don't need the money so...

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Not sure. I'm not close enough to German football to tell, but do we possibly see a change - where teams are trying to avoid dealing with BM? RB don't need the money so...
It’s not completely down to the club. I do think clubs would prefer not to sell to Bayern, but if the player really kicks up a fuss, they often let them go. There’s also some reciprocal issues, when you consider if you’re a smaller club, you might want to buy one of their youth players, or players deemed extra. Red Bull are different in that they really don’t need the money or players, but if a German product really wants to get there, it usually happens. Bayern need to add some younger players, so odds are they’re going to buy from a number of clubs, it’s just going to be interesting in who they get.

I do think Werner being the odds on German National team striker, and likely a suit of clubs wanting his services gets some choice on the matter. Bayern might also be willing to pay top dollar, and in that sense it shouldn’t matter because RB really aren’t a direct rival presently. They might have aims of winning the league, but rationally, Bayern are a global club, and RB a step or two below. Money or no.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Yeah, players can force their way to the club they wants. For German players, there is only one global club in their country that can consistently compete for Champions League.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I agree it is not completely down to the club, but if there is a reasonable alternative then clubs are not exactly powerless. Modric wanted Chelsea - he got RM the year after. They might not succeed every time, but it just feels like some of the better teams in Germany might want to avoid BM if they can.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
According to L'Equipe Real is offering 26mil for Dani Olmo. Olmo signed as a 16 year old by Dinamo from La Masia for 200k, if this goes through he will become one of the best investments Dinamo ever made. Hopefully, he stays in ZG until end of the season to help in Europa league.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yeah, players can force their way to the club they wants. For German players, there is only one global club in their country that can consistently compete for Champions League.
I'm interested in seeing if this continues in the future though. They haven't done the best job with player recruitment of late, they haven't dealt with essentially losing Robben/Ribery and their defence has been very questionable. Neuer is getting older too. I wouldn't be surprised if they entered a bit of a lull.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So Depay says he wants to go Barca, Real, Bayern PSG, City or Chelsea.
While being paid by Lyon right now of course...
So who wants to bet on one of those teams signing him :D

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I really wish he'd just focus on playing and putting the work in rather than talking and rapping.

That said he could be a good fit at a number of those teams and do well there.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
bayern are way bigger than dortmund or leipzig. if they want a german player they'll get him (not reus, who said he'd never go to bayern).

that being said, apparently sandro wagner might leave bayern for some chinese club.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hakimi's agent gives BVB hope. "It's no secret that [Hakimi] feels totally comfortable in Dortmund. He can imagine staying for longer." He is set to return to Madrid in summer 2020 with no buy option but Dortmund apparently have a right to match any offer that comes for him, and he has a release clause for an unspecified amount.

I thought he'd be gone in two years for sure but apparently there's some hope he'd stay longer.

Hakimi might have higher potential at his position than Sancho. I think it would be stupid not to keep him, if possible.

Where is the place for him at Real Madrid? Are the best RB and LB in the world suddenly going to leave Madrid by the end of his loan? I don't think so. They also have Odriozola and Reguilon, who are good young players, along with the on-loan Theo Hernandez.

I could see Madrid selling him to us, if we pay the price they want.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
bayern are way bigger than dortmund or leipzig. if they want a german player they'll get him (not reus, who said he'd never go to bayern).

that being said, apparently sandro wagner might leave bayern for some chinese club.

I’m just wondering if there might be a change coming. BVB have already indicated there is. I’m not arguing the case - more curious as there are users on here knowing a lot more about the Bundesliga than I do.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
  • Deulofeu linked with a 25 million return to Milan.
  • Soler linked with Spurs.

Denis Suárez loaned to Arsenal with an option to buy in the summer.

He's signing a renewal until 2021 first.

According to L'Equipe Real is offering 26mil for Dani Olmo. Olmo signed as a 16 year old by Dinamo from La Masia for 200k, if this goes through he will become one of the best investments Dinamo ever made. Hopefully, he stays in ZG until end of the season to help in Europa league.

Barça are rumored to be interested as well. Not sure I buy it. Either way he recently said his dream would be to return the club. A move to either club wouldn't be a good career choice at the moment though, especially a move to Madrid. A club like Girona would be a better move for him, but not sure they'd stump up that sort of money. Anyway, good to see another La Masia player debunk the myth.

Curious where he's playing for Dinamo. I remember him as a RB, but looks like he's a midfielder.

Not interested.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Damn, forgot to say Depay added in his interview that those teams he named that he would want to go to, those teams really play football, unlike the others.
He said "he wants to go to a team that really plays football".
I'm sure Lyon officials are happy with that again.
The moment they get a fair offer is the second where he should be dumped. His mindset is awful.

Reactions: Gecklund

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
  • Deulofeu linked with a 25 million return to Milan.
  • Soler linked with Spurs.

He's signing a renewal until 2021 first.

Barça are rumored to be interested as well. Not sure I buy it. Either way he recently said his dream would be to return the club. A move to either club wouldn't be a good career choice at the moment though, especially a move to Madrid. A club like Girona would be a better move for him, but not sure they'd stump up that sort of money. Anyway, good to see another La Masia player debunk the myth.

Curious where he's playing for Dinamo. I remember him as a RB, but looks like he's a midfielder.

Not interested.

Well he came here pretty young, he as much of a product of Dinamo’s school as of La Masia if not more. Furthermore they let him him because Zubi thought he wasn’t going to make it. He’ll be a great player in the future.

As for position, he never played RB, he’s a winger.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Wow, I had accepted that as dead. Now I have to figure out how I actually feel about it
No joke, lol. Dead last week and it seems that Arsenal had a better poker face than Barca did. He's a solid BxBer who's probably a jack-of-all-trades that does nothing amazing. Supposed to be Ramsey's replacement, but I see him more of an upgrade on El Neny personally. He's not a sexy get by any means, but considering that our midfield is bad I will gladly take him. We really to get Nkunku though, he's my first target after some defencive help (which we might not be getting, lol).

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
No joke, lol. Dead last week and it seems that Arsenal had a better poker face than Barca did. He's a solid BxBer who's probably a jack-of-all-trades that does nothing amazing. Supposed to be Ramsey's replacement, but I see him more of an upgrade on El Neny personally. He's not a sexy get by any means, but considering that our midfield is bad I will gladly take him. We really to get Nkunku though, he's my first target after some defencive help (which we might not be getting, lol).

Yeah I suppose it's better than the nothing I was coming to expect and I always try to stay optimistic about incoming players, plus one imagines he could have something to prove, but there's always an asterisk beside any move where the motivations seems to largely be "well, I've coached him before".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->