Transfer: 2019 Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part III

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I don't know that it's so much of a swipe at Suarez as the plain fact that we did nothing to improve the points where the team is actually weakest. I mean, considering we were basically just making the rounds of other teams with our hat in our hands asking what they could spare for free, you can't afford to be picky and in that light Suarez is kind of a score, sure. But our defence was in desperate need of reinforcements even before they all got injured.
I would have taken Vermaelen back on loan. He would be our first choice CB right now.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I can't think of a time where they grossly overpaid for a player. It might have happened once or twice but their transfer business is top notch. They refuse to sell players they don't want to get rid of and buy quality players at reasonable prices. I mean it's not perfect but it's up there with the best.
They are a year removed from Gregorz and Jese signings lol.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Its funny how more of the big transfer business and rumors in the last week of the window came from MLS than any other league. Maybe it isn't as bad of a league as some think.

Reactions: Gecklund

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So PSG didn't sign that MLS guy. Nor Willian. Nor any winger.
More problematic, Enrique couldn't finish the job for that second midfielder. No Mendes, no Weigl, no Gueye. I'm happy they didn't overpay for Gueye. He's a good player but not worth more than the 35M PSG proposed.
Tuchel is supposedly mad.
That said, he still has Verratti (coming back soon), Rabiot (whom he managed to re-instate), Paredes, Nkunku, Alves and Draxler who have been very good at CM.
Since he usually plays 2 midfielder, I'd say that's pretty decent.

Has Rabiot been reinstated? I saw that the Chairman and Sporting Director were refusing to let Tuchel play him, even though Tuchel wanted to play him.

If they can play Rabiot and Paredes, thats not a bad midfield, but Verratti will likely miss the first leg, and they don't have any good established CM's in reserve for that first leg.

It might work, but I don't think they'll walk over United. United has a good chance to win that series.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Has Rabiot been reinstated? I saw that the Chairman and Sporting Director were refusing to let Tuchel play him, even though Tuchel wanted to play him.

If they can play Rabiot and Paredes, thats not a bad midfield, but Verratti will likely miss the first leg, and they don't have any good established CM's in reserve for that first leg.

It might work, but I don't think they'll walk over United. United has a good chance to win that series.

I think United's defense is still too shaky. Even with Neymar out, PSG has more than enough attacking talent to score several goals.

Reactions: Gecklund

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

Yes Rabiot is back in training with the 1st team and available for selection.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Of course the real highlight here is that almost all of the videos of him, including the two I've linked here, are by Sportback Group which as the second clip demonstrates is presumably an agency/record label by the sound of it. Based on the evidence before me I can't decide where their future lies. Anyway, @S E P H , any connection? Mendes and Raoila should start looking over their shoulder. I'd suggest the same for Kanye but fortunately I've never heard any of his music.

You got that right. In two weeks when @Edo asks you "Who is that guy? He's amazing!" You'll reply "That's Denis ****ing Suarez yo!"

Care to explain the Cumberbatch bit?
Connections to the Casper player? I got none, I also got no connections to Dragon Energy either. Ceremony knows my musical taste, it is superb and doesn't consist of dumb music.

170px-AUT_vs._SUI_2015-11-17_-_Stephan_Lichtsteiner_%282%29.jpg
MV5BMjE0MDkzMDQwOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTE1Mjg1MzE@._V1_UY317_CR2,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Holy smokes they look so similar.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I don't know that it's so much of a swipe at Suarez as the plain fact that we did nothing to improve the points where the team is actually weakest. I mean, considering we were basically just making the rounds of other teams with our hat in our hands asking what they could spare for free, you can't afford to be picky and in that light Suarez is kind of a score, sure. But our defence was in desperate need of reinforcements even before they all got injured.

Considering the source I'm guessing it's a swipe a Suarez.

Les tell me you're not waiting on me to tell you something about that boy with the made up name

I'm not waiting on you to tell me something about that boy with the made up name.

Connections to the Casper player? I got none, I also got no connections to Dragon Energy either. Ceremony knows my musical taste, it is superb and doesn't consist of dumb music.

170px-AUT_vs._SUI_2015-11-17_-_Stephan_Lichtsteiner_%282%29.jpg
MV5BMjE0MDkzMDQwOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTE1Mjg1MzE@._V1_UY317_CR2,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Holy smokes they look so similar.

Does it consist of Albanian folk music?

Rather insulting to Cumberbatch I reckon. Anyway, I'd say he looks more Jimmy McNulty than Sherlock.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Sala's plane has been located at the bottom of La Manche, first using sonar technology, then confirmed with a special submarine. No bodies found as of yet, but this all but confirms the worst, though by this point I don't imagine anyone had any doubts

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I think they found bodies in the plane based on the last report I read. I remember reading when I took physics is that hitting water with the speed and gravity pull of an airplane is like hitting concrete, so they probably never had a chance.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Apparently Hazard has made his mind up about where he wants to play. With no real news of an extension or positive talks, I'm guessing it's Real. Really not expecting that much in return, maybe Isco and not a ton of cash. Chelsea doesn't have much leverage.

Chelsea writers are now saying that the quote going around is from 2 months ago, so nothing new here.

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Its funny how more of the big transfer business and rumors in the last week of the window came from MLS than any other league. Maybe it isn't as bad of a league as some think.

Fear of a hard Brexit meant British clubs had difficulties signing anyone outside Britain. Potential future work permit issues, question about salary (currency).

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I don't think they're really worried about work permits. Maybe down the table, but big clubs can get them for players (or buy players who would qualify). I think many of the top clubs sat out, knowing that prices were too high, and they can wait for contracts to run down.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The January window is always disappointing, not sure why people don't just adjust expectations.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Ornstein said there is a credible source that Arsenal will go after Rabiot.

I'm not really sure what they can offer that teams like Spurs, PSG, Liverpool can't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad