Speculation: 2019 Trade Deadline V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
REALLY, the friggin Ghost argument again?!?!

raw
I had nothing to do with it this time. :laugh:

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
For those who enjoy dissecting such minutia... one person's analysis of a potential Simmonds deal to Boston

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/bruins/trade-flyers-wayne-simmonds-would-still-be-best-bruins

The Bruins have plenty of prospects to offer Philly in the right deal, whether it’s underachieving first-round picks like Jakub Zboril or Zach Senyshyn, a solid young D-man like Jeremy Lauzon, a center prospect like Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson or a skilled winger like Ryan Donato. The real hurdle would be draft-pick compensation, with the Flyers undoubtedly looking for a first-round pick in exchange for Simmonds. That might be a prerequisite given the interest in Simmonds from Atlantic Division rivals like Tampa Bay, but the Bruins could get creative with a conditional second-round pick that becomes a first if Simmonds ends up re-signing with the Bruins.

Maybe that wouldn’t be enough to land Simmonds, but the suspicion here is that Don Sweeney isn’t going to give up another first-round pick for a rental after what happened with Nash.​

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Id be cool with Donato + conditional 2nd from Boston.

No interest in Zboril or Lauzon.

Reactions: baudib1

Phillyfan28

Jun 3, 2013
Quick question. Where do you look up shift duration times. Cause it looks like in a lot of games hagg and amac double shift themselves and get stuck out there longer than most.

Like they can’t get off.

I’d be curious what you find.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
If it's a conditional first based on Simmonds re-signing that means the Flyers don't get the pick until 2020. F that.

It wouldn't necessarily be the worst thing to get a 2020 pick. With the expansion draft looming, a draft ineligible asset is going to be worth a pretty penny. Especially one which will allow a season of seasoning before being 'needed'.

Last edited:

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
If it's a conditional first based on Simmonds re-signing that means the Flyers don't get the pick until 2020. F that.

Maybe they will go Donato and the 2020 pick no condition. Or it gets pushed to 2020 if they don’t sign simmer. They have a good team for now but they have several older players that def makes their window expired imo. I think they have to go for it now so giving up a prospect later may be more enticing. From a flyer perspective a lot of bad can happen to a one line team. They could tank next year and get us a very good pick. You still have Donato who could play with us as a depth guy right now.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Maybe they will go Donato and the 2020 pick no condition. Or it gets pushed to 2020 if they don’t sign simmer. They have a good team for now but they have several older players that def makes their window expired imo. I think they have to go for it now so giving up a prospect later may be more enticing. From a flyer perspective a lot of bad can happen to a one line team. They could tank next year and get us a very good pick. You still have Donato who could play with us as a depth guy right now.
I would take Donato and a 2nd in 2019. Honestly I don't think the Flyers will do much better than that and I think that's a decent offer.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I think he has a lot of potential but I guess he’s fallen off a bit to the point we may get him and a 1st.
The thing I like about Donato is that while he's a prospect, at almost 23 years old he is ready to potentially make an impact right now. He has definitely struggled this year but he did have 9 points in 12 games down the stretch last year. I would prefer a prospect like him though who is ready to play in the NHL right now as opposed to down the road in a year or two.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
I'd be happy with Donato and a conditional pick.

A scoring winger with a shoot 1st mentality (who's struggled with D) is exactly who we should target. If he hadn't struggled he wouldn't be remotely available (whether he is now is speculation).

He has a ridiculous shot volume in Providence and iirc, can play C too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad