Speculation: 2019 Trade Deadline V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I respect that. I am saying I'm remembering you being low on Couturier back then with low expectations to the future - which turned out to be incorrect. Hence why I said I hope this assessment won't happen to Ghost and his future influence on the PP based on a bad year.

and i respect that. players have bad years. its happens. Its been a rough season.

Reactions: kudymen

Glak18

Jan 9, 2019
Puts on some protection...

51wWsNcgzcL._SX355_.jpg

So this is what everyone sees...oh the colors.

Reactions: BernieParent

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I didn't say you have longstanding biases against him (the others certainly do though), just that you're wrong in your present day evaluation.

that is where our opinions differ. Magua did a great job of showing you a block of production from ghost which masks his ineffectiveness this year. Which is by the way the range of play we are discussing. Why Magua decide to include previous years I don't know.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
that is where our opinions differ. Magua did a great job of showing you a block of production from ghost which masks his ineffectiveness this year. Which is by the way the range of play we are discussing. Why Magua decide to include previous years I don't know.
Those numbers aren't saying he's been great this year, it's showing that this years lack of production is just a fluke.

Glak18

Jan 9, 2019
Those numbers aren't saying he's been great this year, it's showing that this years lack of production is just a fluke.

You always throw the word "fluke" around like that justifies anything at all. So season 1 and 3 are good and seasons 2 and 4 are flukes...cool so next year will be good.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
yes, ghost is killing the pp this year. He has been way to one timer happy , with awful results to show. So many times this year his missed one timer would lead to the puck exiting the zone, he compounded his early season failings to produce by shooting even more to even less success. Does that mean he sucks or is a terrible human being ? no. It just means he has struggled mightily on the pp this year.
Did Ghost kill the PP when he was taken off it for 5 forwards, and it was worse?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The truth is out there. Ghost is a solid top 4 defenseman, but he's not elite, he can't carry a defense.

Ghost isn't as bad as he looked earlier this year nor as good as he looked last year (both under Hak, so it's not the HC).

The PP had historically bad luck, then unsustainable good luck, some of the slow start was a failure by the coaches and the players to adjust to higher pressure on the PK (Montreal was one of the first passive PKs I've seen for a while).

Matt Carle had seasons of 35, 40, 38 and 36 (prorated) with the Flyers (ES 21, 38, 26, 30) and no one considered him a top D-man, even though Lavi played him 22-23 minutes a night.
Streit scored 62, 56 and 52 points in a season, and he was never elite, MacDonald played as many minutes for the Islanders. A first pair D-man on a bad team, 3rd pair on Montreal (when he scored 62) and 2nd pair in Philly

Ghost is a solid offensive defenseman who is best when partnered with a physical RHD who can take some pressure off him. He was at his worse with Provorov this year, at his best with Gudas, and looked good with Myers, who's probably the perfect partner for him. The Provorov-Ghost of last year looks like a SSS fluke as the league adjusted.

Provorov, Myers and Sanheim all have higher upsides. Whether they reach it ???

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
You always throw the word "fluke" around like that justifies anything at all. So season 1 and 3 are good and seasons 2 and 4 are flukes...cool so next year will be good.
:laugh:

I use the word fluke when describing a fluke.

And season 4 is clearly a fluke. Season 2 was due to injury.

giphy.gif

Glak18

Jan 9, 2019
The truth is out there. Ghost is a solid top 4 defenseman, but he's not elite, he can't carry a defense.

Ghost isn't as bad as he looked earlier this year nor as good as he looked last year (both under Hak, so it's not the HC).

The PP had historically bad luck, then unsustainable good luck, some of the slow start was a failure by the coaches and the players to adjust to higher pressure on the PK (Montreal was one of the first passive PKs I've seen for a while).

Matt Carle had seasons of 35, 40, 38 and 36 (prorated) with the Flyers (ES 21, 38, 26, 30) and no one considered him a top D-man, even though Lavi played him 22-23 minutes a night.
Streit scored 62, 56 and 52 points in a season, and he was never elite, MacDonald played as many minutes for the Islanders. A first pair D-man on a bad team, 3rd pair on Montreal (when he scored 62) and 2nd pair in Philly

Ghost is a solid offensive defenseman who is best when partnered with a physical RHD who can take some pressure off him. He was at his worse with Provorov this year, at his best with Gudas, and looked good with Myers, who's probably the perfect partner for him. The Provorov-Ghost of last year looks like a SSS fluke as the league adjusted.

Provorov, Myers and Sanheim all have higher upsides. Whether they reach it ???

Sounds too logical. You are suppose say "nah uh I am right".

flyers0909

Nothing Matters
Jul 10, 2007
Has there been a defenseman this decade who finished top 5 in points in a single year that someone would classify as a "Solid top 4 defenseman"? He's 15th in scoring since his rookie year!

Glak18

Jan 9, 2019
Has there been a defenseman this decade who finished top 5 in points in a single year that someone would classify as a "Solid top 4 defenseman"? He's 15th in scoring since his rookie year!

Keith Yandle is 10th...Flyers should get him.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Said poster also thinks a SC winning coach wasnt an upgrade over what we had entering this year, so take it with a grain of... whatevers less than salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->