Speculation: 2019 Trade Deadline V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I feel like I'm somewhat pessimistic about the Simmonds return but I'm still expecting more than a second.

I think we'll get a middling prospect like Donato + a second, a late first, or a decent young player like Fiala. I would have said Roslovic (who I like) but Winnipeg is hunting for bigger game.

I don't expect Toronto or Tampa would do something stupid like give up a superior player (Johnsson or Miller) as some have suggested. I don't believe those teams value Simmonds that much, there's basically nothing in the recent history of those franchises that suggests they would. Like, I wouldn't be surprised if Tampa thinks Martel is a better fit for them than Simmonds.
I’d be thrilled with Fiala but don’t see why Nashville would trade a 22 y/o roster player who had 48 points last season.

Donato might be attainable since he’s in the AHL, but I’m not sure I want him.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Andreas Johnsson is 10th in icetime on the Leafs this month. So there is no way he can be playing well since that is 4th liner icetime.

Let's ignore he has 9 points in 8 games and is tied for 1st in ES scoring this month.

Am I DoInG ThIs RiGhT???

:confused:

He hasn’t. Hence why the last 8 games he’s played only 11 minutes.
If he had his ice time significantly reduced by the coach, it would probably be an indication he wasn’t playing well.

Btw, Johnsson got injured his last game & only played 5 minutes.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Actually ghost beer I didn’t say trading ghost would be stupid. I said trading him while there are far and away worse dman on the team still would be stupid.

Return will not net a better or equal Dman. If you are going to respond to me respond to what I said not what u wanted me too or thought I did

Reactions: Rebels57

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Lol I love how you're cherry picking stats again.

You picked the only two games in his last five that he didn't play at least 18 mins and those two games just so happened to be the second game of back to backs...
A coach isn’t playing a $4.5M defenseman who was on the team’s first pair a year ago 11 minutes & 12 minutes in 2 out of his 3 last games if he thinks he’s playing well.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Actually ghost beer I didn’t say trading ghost would be stupid. I said trading him while there are far and away worse dman on the team still would be stupid.

Return will not net a better or equal Dman. If you are going to respond to me respond to what I said not what u wanted me too or thought I did
I don’t see how you can call trading him stupid without even knowing what you’d be getting back.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
I don’t see how you can call trading him stupid without even knowing what you’d be getting back.
Because our biggest holes and problem are our defense. Specifically hagg and Mac. Then gudas.

Ghost while not having his best year is one the three best d on the team. I don’t understand how you think keeping lesser players and trading better ones improves the biggest problem we have.

You have said a winger. The names you throw out like the third liner from the leafs. Does help the defense or improve the offense enough. Yes he would be higher in scoring than player on our team. Look at their team everyone is scoring high number. No one for us is. Or at least not like that team. Jesus. We are close. With players that should be pushing out the crap especially on d. And soon on offense.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I don't know how I feel about that trade rumor.

Seems like a reasonable deal if they get some assurances he'll re-sign. DeBrusk is a fine player but not amazing, Donato/JFK/Heinen are average prospects at best, and the first isn't a big deal. But it doesn't make them better than Toronto or Tampa IMO.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
REALLY, the friggin Ghost argument again?!?!

raw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad