Status
Not open for further replies.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
"He isnt playing well, look at his ice time"

"How can you say trading him would be stupid if you dont know what youre getting."

I mean, i know putting two and two together here is tough for some, but generally speaking, if a player isnt playing well, their return in a trade isnt going to be good, either. If you think that this is his new norm, hes worthless and exploring a trade is dumb because you wont get a return big enough to justify the risk of him rebounding. If you think his past performance is more indicative of what he'll get back to, then you know why its a bad idea, and just successfully convinced yourself that trading him is an idiotic idea.

Either way, doesnt matter which path you chose on this choose your own adventure, trading Ghost right now is a dumb idea.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
You've convinced me, Ghost sucks. His playing time is below Amac.
And Sanheim sucks, as his playing time was below Manning last season.
And Myers sucks, since he's only played one of 3 games he's been up
And Morin sucks. He couldn't beat out Manning, and Amac, and Hagg.

All our kids suck. Our coaches are infallible. And having exercised my right to sarcasm, I will now exercise the ignore button.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
So I guess he DID play well when the coach played him 18 and 23 minutes in 2 of the last 4 games.
Do whatever song & dance you want, but if a coach cuts 8 or 9 minutes from a defenseman’s typical playing time, & does it twice in the span of 3 games, it’s generally a sign that the defenseman hasn’t been playing well.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I agree. This is ruining these trade deadline threads and it's basically one person who keeps bringing it up over and over again.
74Z1.gif

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Do whatever song & dance you want, but if a coach cuts 8 or 9 minutes from a defenseman’s typical playing time, & does it twice in the span of 3 games, it’s generally a sign that the defenseman hasn’t been playing well.
Again or injured. And one of those games there were 7 dman.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Quick question. Where do you look up shift duration times. Cause it looks like in a lot of games hagg and amac double shift themselves and get stuck out there longer than most.

Like they can’t get off.

Bigkarl

Dec 27, 2017

Or that he’s a shitty, bi-polar coach.

I mean, if he thinks he’s a 23 minute dman, and then a 12 minute dman a few nights later, it would suggest either 1.) a good dman turned into a terrible dman overnight, 2.) At least one of those evaluations from the coach is way off, 3) The coach has no idea how to manage his bench over the course of the game and get the right guys on the ice

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
No, but imperfection doesn’t mean they’re wrong, either.

You know, if you're going to appeal to their authority to shore up your arguments this is about the least convincing way to make that convincing.

So, a bad coach has made decisions that most people agree are bad. You admit the coach isn't infallible and his decisions are open to question. Why should we put any stock into ice time as some great indicator?

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
You know, if you're going to appeal to their authority to shore up your arguments this is about the least convincing way to make that convincing.

So, a bad coach has made decisions that most people agree are bad. You admit the coach isn't infallible and his decisions are open to question. Why should we put any stock into ice time as some great indicator?
Gordok is coaching to keep the job. He’s doing what he thinks gives him the best chance to win. Maybe he’s wrong, but I don’t think “appealing to internet message board posters” is any more likely to be correct.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Or that he’s a ****ty, bi-polar coach.

I mean, if he thinks he’s a 23 minute dman, and then a 12 minute dman a few nights later, it would suggest either 1.) a good dman turned into a terrible dman overnight, 2.) At least one of those evaluations from the coach is way off, 3) The coach has no idea how to manage his bench over the course of the game and get the right guys on the ice
More likely he just doesn’t trust Ghost defensively.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Gordok is coaching to keep the job. He’s doing what he thinks gives him the best chance to win. Maybe he’s wrong, but I don’t think “appealing to internet message board posters” is any more likely to be correct.

I'm not appealing to message board posters. I'm pointing out that your authority isn't held in the highest regard by your audience.

Have fun with your logical fallacies. It demonstrates the weakness of your arguments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad