Speculation: 2019 Trade Deadline V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
iu

Bad coach - Ghost seems to struggle.

Interim coach - Ghost "magically" improves.

Permanent coach (who knows how to use skilled players and actually change-up the look of the freaking power play when opposing teams over-weight their coverage of Ghost and G) - Ghost improves a lot and his cap hit looks like a bargain again.
It’s always someone else’s fault. Hakstol. AMac. Flanders. God.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
It’s always someone else’s fault. Hakstol. AMac. Flanders. God.
Why do you ignore that since Gordon has taken over, Ghost has played well overall??

And I say overall, because yes he has had bad games, or periods, like every other player in the world. But you can't deny the difference in stats between coaches.

Or is this going to be another example of you ignoring the obvious?

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Why do you ignore that since Gordon has taken over, Ghost has played well overall??

And I say overall, because yes he has had bad games, or periods, like every other player in the world. But you can't deny the difference in stats between coaches.

Or is this going to be another example of you ignoring the obvious?
He hasn’t. Hence why 2 of the last 3 games he’s played only 11 & 12 minutes.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
I would take Doughty and Burns over Eric given the choice .

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
So the article in the previous thread says that the Bruins, Lightning, Preds and Jets are in on Simmonds. What would we be expecting back from each of those teams?

Brayden Fattison

Mar 4, 2013
So the article in the previous thread says that the Bruins, Lightning, Preds and Jets are in on Simmonds. What would we be expecting back from each of those teams?
I expect something like a 3rd that bumps to a 2nd if they re-sign him (which they won't) + a B prospect. I'd be overjoyed if we got a late 1st.

Reactions: flyersfan187

Bigkarl

Dec 27, 2017

At this point, I think my preference would be a 2020 1st from a bubble team with the potential to struggle next season, I.e. Minnesota,Cbus, Montreal.

Anything more than a 2nd + b prospect, I would be pleasantly surprised

Reactions: flyersfan187

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
If there's actually that much competition (especially among two pairs of divisional rivals) I can see the price moving up to a 2nd.

I think it ultimately depends on how it shakes out and who moves first. Youve got your tier 1 UFAs this year (stone, panarin[if they move him] and stone) who are going to set the market, in theory. But if everyone checks in on stone and the price is too high, people move to the tier 2 players (simmonds, Zuc, Hayes, Ferland, Silfverberg, etc). If everyone balks at the tier 1 prices, i could see a 2nd +5th kind of deal for the tier 2 guys, or something like that. As bad as watching Simmonds has been this year, his stat line for goals isnt too far off his usual, and hes more productive at 5v5 than hes ever been basically, so that may have some draw.

I think this year its all going to be about who flinches first.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
I am hoping that they can somehow trade MacDonald or if they can't then they trade Hagg. Provy/Sanheim, Ghost/Gudas, Morin/Myers would be one of the most entertaining group of d-men in the league to watch out there.

Reactions: Brayden Fattison

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
My feelings on the TD is that a lot of fans, of a lot of teams are invariably left disappointed.
Each year, for the past decade now it seems, there is a clear agenda to play up how active the TD will be. The fans eat it up, and in reality only a handful of deals and mediocre players changing teams. Even Simmonds is likely not to be moved at this point, especially if the team is still ~6 points out of a spot by the weekend. Put the thoughts of McD or Hagg getting traded to bed for now.

Reactions: renberg

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
So to verify, you would like to go on record saying ice time determines if a player if playing well or not, correct?
What I said didn’t require any rephrasing; the only purpose of your doing so was to (quite transparently) make it into something I didn’t say.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I feel like I'm somewhat pessimistic about the Simmonds return but I'm still expecting more than a second.

I think we'll get a middling prospect like Donato + a second, a late first, or a decent young player like Fiala. I would have said Roslovic (who I like) but Winnipeg is hunting for bigger game.

I don't expect Toronto or Tampa would do something stupid like give up a superior player (Johnsson or Miller) as some have suggested. I don't believe those teams value Simmonds that much, there's basically nothing in the recent history of those franchises that suggests they would. Like, I wouldn't be surprised if Tampa thinks Martel is a better fit for them than Simmonds.

Last edited:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Andreas Johnsson is 10th in icetime on the Leafs this month. So there is no way he can be playing well since that is 4th liner icetime.

Let's ignore he has 9 points in 8 games and is tied for 1st in ES scoring this month.

Am I DoInG ThIs RiGhT???

:confused:

He hasn’t. Hence why the last 8 games he’s played only 11 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad