Speculation: 2019 Trade Deadline V

Status
Not open for further replies.

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
Not sure you want to be doing that at the TDL. Simmonds should be gaining you something not costing you something.
Not talking about anything major...

Captains boy Bunny man....someone who doesnt seem to be in plans like NAK. Maybe a Kase? They add something of the lower tier as well or a 3rd?

Reactions: Hiesenberg

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
At this point I don't really care too much about the value coming back. Freeing up a top-9 winger slot and a spot on the top PP unit is what I'm really looking forward too. A 1st or quality prospect is just a bonus.

Reactions: Morinisbear

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
I have soured on Tolvanen a bit but the Donato thing could interest me more .

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Tolvaven or Donato would be a nice trade for us. Simmer is a UFA and pretty spent.

It would give us someone who could play too vs a late 1st who would most likely be years away.

Equally important, he won't be lingering on our team with some idiotic extension looming.

Reactions: kelmitchell

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
It would give us someone who could play too vs a late 1st who would most likely be years away.

That's a bug, not a feature, imo. I believe we're already the youngest team in the league and we'll be even younger the minute we trade Simmonds, and we already have A LOT of young talent in the system to work into the mix. Tolvanen or a similar prospect would have to duke it out with all of the other young guys for limited roster spots in mostly bottom six roles--there's only so much playing time to go around.

Meanwhile, a late 1st in a strong 2020 draft would be an asset that matures down the line when some of the younger guys on the team now are fully grown into vets. It's also an asset we could use to better the team via trade.

That said, I'd easily rather Tolvanen than a late 2nd round pick as the return, if that's what the other option is going to be.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
That's a bug, not a feature, imo. I believe we're already the youngest team in the league and we'll be even younger the minute we trade Simmonds, and we already have A LOT of young talent in the system to work into the mix. Tolvanen or a similar prospect would have to duke it out with all of the other young guys for limited roster spots in mostly bottom six roles--there's only so much playing time to go around.

Meanwhile, a late 1st in a strong 2020 draft would be an asset that matures down the line when some of the younger guys on the team now are fully grown into vets. It's also an asset we could use to better the team via trade.

That said, I'd easily rather Tolvanen than a late 2nd round pick as the return, if that's what the other option is going to be.
Yeah...if we get a 1st in 2020, that is fine because it keeps the pipeline of kids coming. Because honestly, assuming Frost makes it next year, we have 1 top 9 spot available. And I am 100% ok with going big game hunting for that spot.

We are on the verge of a logjam anyways so kicking the can down the road might actually be better.

Giroux Patrick TK
Lindblom Couts Voracek
JVR Frost ????
Laughton ???? ????

If we fill that #3RW spot thru FA, we still have NAK who gets that crack at #4RW. Maybe Pimp at C if he impresses. Or Laughton to C and another kid to #4LW.

Personally, I want a sure thing to polish off that that top 9 and actually have 3 lines who can produce.

Reactions: mja

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That would be a pretty interesting trade of Simmonds for Tolvanen. I don’t think Tolvanen has progressed the way people thought he was headed a year ago. But if he’s gotten right, is exactly the type of player our top 9 needs.

Reactions: BestPlayerAvailable

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
That would be a pretty interesting trade of Simmonds for Tolvanen. I don’t think Tolvanen has progressed the way people thought he was headed a year ago. But if he’s gotten right, is exactly the type of player our top 9 needs.
Yes please. Tolvanen or Donato seem like good fits.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
There’s no way I’d argue with Tolvanen for Simmonds.

That said, I didn’t want Tolvanen in the draft. His style reeked of a player whose game would not translate well to the NHL. Small. A lot of goals from far out. Not super explosive.
I figured I was wrong on him when he lit up the KHL at such a young age, but now I’m not as sure. Nonetheless, I’d take him for Simmonds.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
We’re 5 days from the deadline and I haven’t seen a Sanheim proposal in two months. What are you people doing?

Clearly, he started playing the way Hak had taught him to play and he's been rewarded with more playing time, so there's no need to trade him anymore. Now, Ghost on the other hand...

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
For those looking to sign mark stone in free agency he is said to be looking for $10mil plus /season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad