Speculation: 2019 Trade Deadline V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
All this out of believing Ghost has had a subpar season & that AMac shouldn’t be scapegoated for it.
200.gif

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I'm not appealing to message board posters. I'm pointing out that your authority isn't held in the highest regard by your audience.

You’re appealing to something: “So, a bad coach has made decisions that most people agree are bad.“

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Have fun with your logical fallacies. It demonstrates the weakness of your arguments.
I don’t think you fully grasp the logical fallacy you’re citing.

I can picture you in court, the second the judge certifies someone as an expert, objecting that the witness’ opinion is now less credible.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
You’re appealing to something: “So, a bad coach has made decisions that most people agree are bad.“

I see you missed where I explained I'm demonstrating the weakness of your authority. I'll repeat myself for you.

When you appeal to authority, if you want it to have an impact, make sure it's an authority recognized by your audience.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

I can picture you in court, the second the judge certifies someone as an expert, objecting that the witness’ opinion is now less credible.

I understand it fully. You're citing the coach as an authority without an ounce of accompanying evidence to support it. Are you sure you understand it?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Is this the part where you tell us you were just made junior partner?

Reactions: ajw12

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I see you missed where I explained I'm demonstrating the weakness of your authority. I'll repeat myself for you.

When you appeal to authority, if you want it to have an impact, make sure it's an authority recognized by your audience.
What demonstrates the weakness of Gordon’s expertise? Your non-scientific conclusion about the consensus of Flyers’ fans?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
What demonstrates the weakness of Gordon’s expertise? Your non-scientific conclusion about the consensus of Flyers’ fans?

The fact that he is a bad NHL coach? Do you not know about Gordon?

I'm not evaluating the Flyers fanbase. I'm evaluating the HF userbase. The stance on Gordon here is pretty easy to discern.

Are you back to doing that thing where you endlessly defend an obviously weak coach for eternity because you dug yourself into a hole?

Reactions: Outlaw Samurai

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation

Silfverberg off the market certainly can't hurt Simmonds' value since it would be one less winger out there.

I really feel like the Ottawa situation is what's holding everything up. I'm not even talking about trades, because the rumor mill is as quiet as mouse fart right now. Until there is some sort of resolution one way or the other with Duchene and Stone you won't see teams get serious about guys like Simmonds, Zuccarello, Nyquist, etc.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014

I'm not evaluating the Flyers fanbase. I'm evaluating the HF userbase. The stance on Gordon here is pretty easy to discern.

Are you back to doing that thing where you endlessly defend an obviously weak coach for eternity because you dug yourself into a hole?
What authority deems him a bad NHL coach? You? Some message board friends? Oh what an authority!

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

We've been down this road before, can we not? One is more than enough for a lifetime.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Oh boy here we go.

Do you think Scott Gordon is a good NHL coach? Let's see you put it in writing.
That’s not the pertinent issue. The pertinent issue is whether Gordok is a better authority on NHL hockey than you & the fans you cite. Maybe he’s not. But it’s probably debatable.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
That’s not the pertinent issue. The pertinent issue is whether Gordok is a better authority on NHL hockey than you & the fans you cite. Maybe he’s not. But it’s probably debatable.

You're trying to steer back to your appeal to authority. Gordon's status and his decisions alone don't serve as evidence of anything, especially if his decisions are flawed.

Thus, whether or not Gordon is a good coach is deeply pertinent. So, is he a good coach?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
We've been down this road before, can we not? One is more than enough for a lifetime.

I think it's interesting to see how we get here. Claim is made, no other evidence can be made to support claim so the decisions of a bad coach are used in place of evidence, then that coach has to be put on an altar to strengthen the "evidence."

Reactions: Starat327

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
You're trying to steer back to your appeal to authority. Gordon's status and his decisions alone don't serve as evidence of anything, especially if his decisions are flawed.

Thus, whether or not Gordon is a good coach is deeply pertinent. So, is he a good coach?
I don’t know, but if I had to guess I’d say he probably has a better grasp of NHL hockey than you do. I mean, gun to my head, I have to rely on one NHL authority, Scott Gordon or Beef Invictus, I’m choosing Gordok.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I don’t know, but if I had to guess I’d say he probably has a better grasp of NHL hockey than you do. I mean, gun to my head, I have to rely on one NHL authority, Scott Gordon or Beef Invictus, I’m choosing Gordok.

We are debating the quality of your source. You are failing miserably to defend it. It's like you know that you can't.

So if Ghost's ice time goes up, you'll have no choice but to bow to Gordon's supreme wisdom and praise Ghost, right?

Reactions: kelmitchell

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
We are debating the quality of your source. You are failing miserably to defend it. It's like you know that you can't.

So if Ghost's ice time goes up, you'll have no choice but to bow to Gordon's supreme wisdom and praise Ghost, right?

I’m debating the quality of your source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad