Transfer: 2019 Summer Transfers News, Rumors, and Discussion; Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
At this point I would rather Arsenal finish the deal for Tierney before they move on to anything else. I do not trust the current back-line and Tierney is both sound defensively and can drive play forward. Would work for both a back 4 and as a wing back when Emery ops for the back 3.
I don't know, it seems Celtic is doing their best to delay as much as they can to get what they want. With Everton, if those rumours are true that @phisherman posted, it might be able to get done fast. Plus, and I don't mean any disrespect to Tierney, but if Everton is as good as what people are mentioning here, we might have a future 80 million pound player on our hands and eventually sell him to invest into others down the road.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I highly doubt Juve wants to sell him. Sarri said he wants to rejuvenate him. He said this multiple times.

If Juve is only asking 90 million they want to sell or at least don't mind selling. I hear Sarri's statements though.

Of course Spurs can afford him. Question is where will Lo Celso play?

Levy will try to get a good deal. With the PL window shutting early I can’t see this happening.

Him and Lo Celso? Doubtful

Dybala-Kane
Lo Celso
It works.

Lo Celso is better the closer to the 9 he gets. He is a great link man, but he is much closer to a 10 than he is an 8

This is true he is better in an advance position. However, he did very well wherever Betis put him. Even as deep lying playmaker.

Exactly. If Dybala joins Spurs (I’ll give it 1% probability) then there is clearly less room for Lo Celso.
If Dybala joins they probably won't have enough money for Lo Celso which was my original point.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I'm not sure Tottenham can afford Dybala at 90-100, N'Dombele, Lo Celso, Clarke, and Sessegnon all in one window while only selling Trippier and Janssen. They're already at 45 net spend and adding an extra 175 doesn't seem reasonable.

I don´t think Dybala will come, but if it does Spurs are not paying 90-100m. This would be Levy making a good deal because Juventus have/want to sell.

There is also Rose and if Dybala magically comes to Spurs then I could see one attacking player leaving. Not necessarily primarily for financial reasons, but due to the numbers.

Pay a fee in instalments and you can stretch quite far. My guess Juventus did so with Ronaldo. So you need to sell in the future. The same way Spurs could buy Dybala this year for then to sell Lamela or whatever next summer.

Not to mention the owners could easily bankroll this. I hope that doesn´t happen, but just an example of another way Spurs could make it work. It was already said last year that Spurs would be spending this summer - long before they had any idea that they would a) reach top 4 again b) reach the CL final.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Sure, but Spurs also got Eriksen, Alli, Son etc.

It could obviously be that something is happening with Eriksen. If so the financial bit certainly won´t be a show stopper.
And Son is the best of all those players

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Sure, but Spurs also got Eriksen, Alli, Son etc.

It could obviously be that something is happening with Eriksen. If so the financial bit certainly won´t be a show stopper.
They go with a 442 they can fit them all Son will get relegated to the bench

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I have a feeling theres some deal with Eriksen leaving going on that opens up room, but still need an actual RB imo...not enamoured with the play (even though it has only been 2 games)

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Don’t think it is the right place for a long discussion on the individual Spurs players, but a front three of Kane, Dybala and Lo Celso offers close to no pace. It would be Kane, Dybala and Son/Alli (Alli isn’t that fast, but very good at attacking space behind) with Lo Celso as a no. 8.

In any case it would be too much. Then you got Lo Celso, Eriksen and N’Dombele in midfield. The whole setup lacks balance - even if the individual players are top class.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I don't know, it seems Celtic is doing their best to delay as much as they can to get what they want. With Everton, if those rumours are true that @phisherman posted, it might be able to get done fast. Plus, and I don't mean any disrespect to Tierney, but if Everton is as good as what people are mentioning here, we might have a future 80 million pound player on our hands and eventually sell him to invest into others down the road.
Everton Soares reminds me of Mane.

Very lively, incredible dribbler, very good shot and creativity.

He is mile better than Zaha IMO.

Reactions: S E P H

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
A bid for Pedrinho of Corinthians is being prepared by Dortmund. We want to sign him in the winter window. I think he's being lined up to replace Sancho. Fee is rumored somewhere in the 40M region.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Wait, what? I remember this exact same post last week with Valencia instead of Milan? :D
Yep, but I posted about Milan trying to hijack the transfer.
Apparently, Milan also sends a player with the 35M.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012

Does this mean Celtic want Arsenal to pay the bonuses for Tierney that Celtic owe him?

No, Arsenal's offers have been a mix of cash up front, cash in instalments then other cash dependent on Tierney doing stuff - usually a fee paid after a certain amount of league appearances, international caps, trophies won, etc.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Is there really an argument that Son wasn’t better than Dybala last year? He was certainly better than Kane. Lo Celso I wouldn’t know.

Son faded a bit, not so strange considering the number of international tournaments he played, but for awhile he was considered a candidate for the player of the year in England (can’t remember which game, but remember the “pundits” discussion after he was a contender). Obviously not close to that in the end, but he had a good year.

Reactions: Fro

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
DiMarzio saying tonight that Juve are interested in a Dybala-Lukaku swap.

Ignoring all the other issues with that claim, not sure that would fit Sarri at all. Doesn’t make sense.

I’d imagine this is Juve trying to make sure Inter pays top dollar for Lukaku.

Reactions: Gecklund

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
DiMarzio saying tonight that Juve are interested in a Dybala-Lukaku swap.

Ignoring all the other issues with that claim, not sure that would fit Sarri at all. Doesn’t make sense.

I’d imagine this is Juve trying to make sure Inter pays top dollar for Lukaku.

It could be just a ploy to f*** over Inter. He wouldn't fit Sarriball with his horrible first touch, etc....

I'd think I would quit Juve if they exchanged Dybala for Lukaku. I'd actually go cheer for my hometownish team Napoli.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Spurs ready to complete their take over as the dominant force in London. I don't mind it; some of the fans who have vendettas for no reason aside, I've actually never had a problem with Tottenham and like a lot of their players.
After selling Marvelous Nakamba to Aston Villa, Club Brugge are now negotiating with Stoke about a possible Giannelli Imbula transfer.
I remember like 5-6 years ago it was said Belgium were looking at him for a possible call up to the NT (he's born in Belgium), then Stoke bought him for €24m but I guess he hasn't lived up to his potential? Was loaned to Toulouse and Rayo Vallecano the past 2 years (he did start for both of those teams).
Now apparantly he should only cost about €6m which seems low
Imbula has some really interesting underlying stats. Some of the searches/scouting I run for my dynasty league picked him up. Meant to make time to find more recent footage on him but never got around to it.
Cabella to Krasnodar for 13.5M (he'll double his wages). St Etienne are signing Boudebouz to replace him.
I remember Cabella once looked pretty promising.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
It could be just a ploy to **** over Inter. He wouldn't fit Sarriball with his horrible first touch, etc....

I'd think I would quit Juve if they exchanged Dybala for Lukaku. I'd actually go cheer for my hometownish team Napoli.

Yeah it doesn’t make any sense. My immediate reaction was Juve’s trying to f*** Inter over. Assume that’s what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad