Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Price won't be high because :
1/ he's coming off a poor season
2/ Barca desperately want him out
3/ he's old and might have lost a step

There are some higher profile midfielders available this summer.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

That's all true but you're forgetting one thing... soccer is dumb. Correa went for 50, Bale is probably going to return a profit. if it isn't 80+ barca will be getting robbed in this market.

Coutinho available for 120M€ according to Sport.

LOL.

Good.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Really want Tierney to get done, I’m not saying I expect him to be Robertson mark II off the bat but Kola just doesn’t inspire confidence and he and Monreal obviously don’t represent any kind of long term future. Tierney looks like he has the right combination of skill going forward and intelligence to shine on the flank for Emery. Plus can’t he play some center back? How does he fit in the Scottish lineup with Robertson one of the best left backs in the world?

Dream scenario would be Tierney+Zaha still to come. But SEPHs rather realistic notion that we unfortunately won’t be off loading enough dead wood probably makes this a faint dream.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Playing in 75% of the games is not playing much. lol at this point I'm just going to assume you were born in the 2000s

Not really good enough for someone who is supposed to be a world class player according to Arsenal fans.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Haven't seen even a single person claim that.

Our twitter is basically flooded with people either calling him world class or our worst player ever. I would consider myself closer to the second category.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
And since you watched every single french game, can you give me the players that performed well and those who didn't?
What proved to be a major turning point for France?
Which high profile player didn't perform at all?
Which goal against was a result of a goalie's mistake?

Please develop.

I dont remember every single detail of the games obviously.

I thought Konate and Upamecano where solid mostly, but a few mistakes probably overshadowed that. Ikone and Bernardoni where decent, Tousart was solid and hardworking as usual and made few mistakes in possession.

Guendiuzi was largely at fault for multiple goals against Spain due to poor positioning and giving the ball away, and took too many touches every single time he touched it against Roumania, running around out of position and losing every duel as usual. I would possibly consider it being the worst performance I have ever seen by a player in the U21 Euros of all time.

I thought Aouar was extremely underwhelming, same goes for Reine Adelaide when he played.

None of the midfielders besides possibly Aouar would get onto Arsenal’s bench, so claiming their midfield is deeper is utterly ridiculous.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I’m not a huge Ceballos fan, but he’s better than what Arsenal has in midfield. Good move. If they finish top four he might sign permanently, and for them to finish top four he would have to make a strong impact. Not much downside to it.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Ridiculous indeed. Tousart would start at 6, Aouar would start every game too.

You have of course no idea of how the tournament went, you didn't watch the game and you're making crap up. Guendouzi had a solid tournament and the turning point was the injury in the first game to Bamba.

So once again, you made a fool of yourself. Just like the Lloris comment and the mutiple posts you made here.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Any truth that Arsenal are after Everton Soares? That would definately be a game changer for them.

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
The problem with Fulham was buying a ton of attacking players but never really adressed their championship level defense.

Fulham's defence proved their undoing, however it should be emphasised that they introduced plenty new defenders into their 2018-19 squad.

RB: Fosu-Mensah (loan)
RB/CB: Chambers (loan)
CB: Mawson (£15 million)
LB: Le Marchand (undisclosed, but £3.5 million quoted by one source) / Bryan (£6 million)

In fact, their problem may have been too much change in that department rather than too little - defences, after all, tend to need to play together consistently to forge a functional unit. In Fulham's case, two members of the defence that saw them through the second half of the 2017-18 campaign were loanees whose deals weren't renewed - Kalas and Targett. So, too a degree, the disruption was forced on them.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Any truth that Arsenal are after Everton Soares? That would definately be a game changer for them.
I mean, I don't know for sure because I don't remember all the sources, but yes. Allegedly they had people (including doctors) down in Brazil watching him play. Edu Gaspar, who is alleged to be the one recruiting Brazil, didn't deny it when confronted (said we'll see, we'll see). The talk is that he's a backup play for Zaha. I think he should be plan A, but regardless, Zaha seems to be too expensive anyway, so there's a decent chance Arsenal go for it. I wouldn't hate a Saliba-type arrangement where we loan him back for the rest of his season and get him permanently in January.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015

I won't be surprised if Bayern sign him next year like what they did with Gnabry. They were already interested in him.

Second source stating the deal isn't dead.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
  • BVB linked with Malcolm for 42 million, but Barça apparently denies this.
  • Apparently both Fiorentina and Atalanta are interested in Rafinha.
  • Vermaelen, who is out of contract, is headed to Vissel Kobe where he'll join Villa, Iniesta and Samper.

I would say it depends on what you consider "high", regardless:

1/ No, he's not at all.
2/ I think "desperately" is probably an overstatement.
3/ Maybe, but his game isn't built that much around physical play.

Agreed there are higher profile guys out there, but would they go to Inter? Anyway, he doesn't seem to be at all interested in leaving.

You're dreaming here. Rakitic won't get more than 40 MAX.

I'd try and get 50 million, but 40 million would be fine by me.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Vallejo next to exit madrid on loan rumour is Wolverhampton. Hopefully Spanish starlets think twice next time madrid call. Asensio, ceballos and Vallejo all had their career derailed because of going to Madrid.

I definitely agree, but is Barcelona any better of an option? I would think that clubs such as Villarreal, Valencia, Sevilla, Bilbao, Betis and potentially Atletico are the best options, otherwise they need to go overseas.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
  • BVB linked with Malcolm for 42 million, but Barça apparently denies this.
I don't buy this. I think we are done buying for the summer, unless we bring in a CF.

We have been linked with Malcom for a few seasons now, so its not new news that we want to bring in Malcom, but I don't see it happening this summer. Maybe next summer after Sancho leaves.

If it does happen, I think it must mean that Brandt is going to play centrally, and it would be a move of real ambition to play like that and break the club record for Malcom, but I think we are done buying for the summer, and will be doing some selling the last month of the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->