2019 Season Discussion Thread

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
So you have the option of getting either package? For me the gap between CMC and Gordon is bigger than Kupp and Green. Gordon and Green both come with uncertainty. Will Gordon still have a big load or will it be shared. When will Green comeback and to what level. Of the known options, CMC over Kupp too.

You could probably use a TE to upgrade your WR.

I think the odds are pretty high that Gordon gets the heavy load, even if it takes another week or two. Chargers have no reason not to, and last year when Ekler was in a similar position Gordon still dominated the touches.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I don't think I've been as wrong about a player as I have been with Jarvis Landry. I was such a huge supporter of him in Miami and while I expected some drop-off in overall volume in Cleveland (with or without OBJ), I thought there would still be more upside for TDs in a better offense, and never anticipated it would be this bad.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I don't think I've been as wrong about a player as I have been with Jarvis Landry. I was such a huge supporter of him in Miami and while I expected some drop-off in overall volume in Cleveland (with or without OBJ), I thought there would still be more upside for TDs in a better offense, and never anticipated it would be this bad.
LMAO great timing

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Has Ronald Jones finally won the job?

Without penalties, he would have had 21 carries for 149 yards and a touchdown.

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If Mixon has a decent game, I should be 7-1 for the week. Would be 8-0, but I couldn't decide between Lockett and Carson and I guessed wrong. Nice to be done with the 5-3 weeks.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
So I need the Steelers defense to score at least 7.31 tonight to win...

Started the season with the Eagles defense but after 2 weeks I couldn't handle that anymore, so I've tried going matchup to matchup the last two weeks.

Kept the Titans defense on my bench this week and elected to go with the Steelers instead...Titans scored like 11 so hopefully I don't regret that decision.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
So I need the Steelers defense to score at least 7.31 tonight to win...

Started the season with the Eagles defense but after 2 weeks I couldn't handle that anymore, so I've tried going matchup to matchup the last two weeks.

Kept the Titans defense on my bench this week and elected to go with the Steelers instead...Titans scored like 11 so hopefully I don't regret that decision.

Similar situation, I swapped Seattle for Pittsburgh yesterday morning and hope I don't regret it.

Reactions: Tuggy

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Where in the world did that OBJ performance come from? Last time he had 2 catches was his 2nd career game, and he at least put up 28 yards that time instead of 20.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Benched Godwin because I am a dummy but luckily every other player on my team went off and I'll cruise to a win even with a great week from my opponent.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Hmmm. Have an offer of chubb and woods for Hopkins and kerryon. Classic trade of buy low sell high hopkins/chubb. It is tempting but I think that hopkins should turn it around. What's everyone's thoughts?

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Hmmm. Have an offer of chubb and woods for Hopkins and kerryon. Classic trade of buy low sell high hopkins/chubb. It is tempting but I think that hopkins should turn it around. What's everyone's thoughts?
I don't see Chubb as selling high TBH, even when Hunt comes back. Chubb is legitimately one of the best backs in the league in a great spot. I think a lot of people were undervaluing him during the draft, I was drafting him after that big 4 group (Barkley, McCaffery, Kamara, Zeke), before Hopkins.

Reactions: tacogeoff

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Steelers got 19 points, so very good decision :D
Yep. Mixon and Boyd did crap and Conner put up points. Ended up losing one and winning the other, problem is I won in the league I don't care about and lost in the league I wanted to win. At least I'm undefeated in that league though. That's what sucks about having a guy on your team and also going against him in another. 6-2 though, not a bad week.

I'm 1-3 in a league, but have 3rd most points, that's frustrating.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Keep 3, Half PPR, assume Flex position on all.

Sterling Shepard
Tyler Boyd
Larry Fitzgerald
Michael Gallup
George Kittle
James White
Ronald Jones

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I floated a trade offer of Kittle for Singletary in a league with no TE spot. He countered with his Singletary for my Montgomery. The added bonus with Singletary is, I can keep him for a 12th round pick next season, so he has keeper upside, where Montgomery won't.

I'm thinking I might counter to get Singletary and Cooks for Montgomery and a receiver like Kittle, Boyd, Fitz, Shepard, Gallup. Or is Montgomery getting all his touches just worth hanging on to?

Starters would be:

Lamar Jackson
Julio Jones
Joe Mixon
Brandin Cooks
Singletary or a mentioned receiver that isn't traded

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Z. Ertz for J. Jacobs, PPR, who says no?

The Ertz owner has Waller. The Jacobs owner has Kamara, Ingram, Freeman, R. Jones.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Full PPR I traded Sony Michel and Golden Tate for Shady McCoy and Matt Ryan.

I usually don't give value for QB's but for whatever reason the waiver wire was barren and I was stuck with Baker as my only QB. I also see Shady as an upgrade from Sony so I liked the deal quite a bit. My friend however, thought Tate was the best player in the trade. Am I out to lunch?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Full PPR I traded Sony Michel and Golden Tate for Shady McCoy and Matt Ryan.

I usually don't give value for QB's but for whatever reason the waiver wire was barren and I was stuck with Baker as my only QB. I also see Shady as an upgrade from Sony so I liked the deal quite a bit. My friend however, thought Tate was the best player in the trade. Am I out to lunch?
I think you're probably fine. Michel, Tate, and McCoy all have question marks IMO. WR are easy to find on waivers too. QB's can be streamed easily, but once all the decent ones are owned, then you are really screwed. I think it's easier streaming TE's and WR to be honest, and obviously defenses.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
That Rams offense is concerning. If they can't establish the run and have quality play-action, then Goff gets exposed bad.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
That Rams offense is concerning. If they can't establish the run and have quality play-action, then Goff gets exposed bad.

I'm seriously looking into selling Cooks and Woods for 50 cents on the dollar at this point. I'm not convinced the offence turns around to the point where 3WR's are startable week to week. Just seems like a crapshoot starting guys and knowing only 1 or 2 will be worth starting in that given week.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad