2019 Season Discussion Thread

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
got ya. 12 team leagues are a tough one for RBs. I would def try not throwing Adams into the mix unless you absolutely have to. based on production after 2 weeks KJ + Diggs for Golladay + Valdez would be a very reasonable trade.. after that it just comes to that managers expectations/value of KJ and Diggs on his team. It also gets rid of having both Valdez and Adams. Adams has proven to be reasonably healthy throughout his career and Diggs can supplement your WR bye week for Adams.
Sounds good, I'll do that and if it doesn't work I'll just let it go. Full disclosure, I'm 0-2 (barely..) and he's 2-0 :laugh:

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I was meaning more so if your bench spots are valuable in your league or if you can just stash players and it doesn't matter. If Drake stays in Miami, he just isn't worth even owning.

This is what I'm working with, have Tyreke Hill + Hunter Henry on IR, Will Lutz and NE DEF.

ffball.jpg

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
This is what I'm working with, have Tyreke Hill + Hunter Henry on IR, Will Lutz and NE DEF.

ffball.jpg
If you want to hang onto Drake, you could probably drop a TE or Landry, and it won't hurt you that much. Another option would be to move a WR for a RB. I wouldn't be overly attached to Goff either.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Ya I would drop Njoku or Goff.

Dak looking good enough to start every week and Njoku is hurt and a backend TE1 at best anyway.

@Voight

I had thought about keeping Njoku cause Olsen isn't as consistent as he sued to be and Hunter Henry is nothing special either, when he comes back.

Goff is one I'm considering dropping (lolz sick 6th round pick) but I may wait to see if someone gets desperate for a QB

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I watched maybe a few minutes of that game last night.

Thank goodness for that long Fournette run. He's been horrible so far this year.
Yeah, his OL sucks and he is trying to be Lev Bell like patient instead of just hammering the hole like he used to.

That being said, he's still not doing horrible PPR points wise and is playing almost every snap so there are some positives.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Brown got released and I just recently dropped Gordon. Oh well, preferred Boyd and Fitz over him and don't need 4 WR in my league.

At least this helps White become a little more viable, his problem is still with Burkhead.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Really glad I was high on both Engram and Shepard this year. They are going to get such a ridiculous amount of volume, especially with Saquon out.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Kenyan Drake for Mecole Hardman

I would be acquiring Hardman, should I do it? I’m pretty good with WR providing DeSean Jackson’s injury isn’t serious but Drake isn’t going to do much on Miami.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Starting to get worried about Baker...
Yeah, I thought he was over drafted. To me, he wasn't all that impressive last season to warrant a top 6 QB spot. I don't think he makes the best reads, and he tries to make plays when he shouldn't and it leads to turnovers.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Kenyan Drake for Mecole Hardman

I would be acquiring Hardman, should I do it? I’m pretty good with WR providing DeSean Jackson’s injury isn’t serious but Drake isn’t going to do much on Miami.

I probably would, but I'm someone who wouldn't even bother owning Drake. His only upside is being traded and put in a situation where he's the undisputed RB1. What teams need an RB1 that would be a good situation, there aren't many.

I'm a Chiefs fan, and I'll say this, the only WR/RB/TE in that offense that I trust for fantasy is Kelce and Hill. With Mahomes, the offense is guaranteed to put up numbers almost every week, but you just never know which players are going to benefit. They have 3 or 4 running backs to could get big numbers. They have Watkins, Hardman, and Robinson after Hill and Kelce that could have huge days. Even Hill is sort of a boom/bust for a WR1. When you play a Chiefs player, they are either going to way over-perform expectations or they will let you down. You just have to understand that when you play someone like Hardman or Robinson.

That being said, depending on how many you play and if you have enough safe guys in your lineup, a Robinson or Hardman can win you weeks as long as Hill is out of the lineup.

Reactions: Voight

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The death of Todd Gurley is depressing
That offense was so dependent on him. People like to hype Brown, but without the threat of a real receiving back, that offense struggles. Goff gets exposed bad.

I'm just mad for not investing more in Kupp because he's going to get a ton of targets this year.

Reactions: HockeyThoughts

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
The death of Todd Gurley is depressing

2 years ago he carried my team to the finals (I lost)... rest in paradise.

That offense was so dependent on him. People like to hype Brown, but without the threat of a real receiving back, that offense struggles. Goff gets exposed bad.

I'm just mad for not investing more in Kupp because he's going to get a ton of targets this year.

I don't like this as Cooks owner :naughty:

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Yeah, I thought he was over drafted. To me, he wasn't all that impressive last season to warrant a top 6 QB spot. I don't think he makes the best reads, and he tries to make plays when he shouldn't and it leads to turnovers.
I totally bought into the hype, hopefully he can turn it around.

Question for you or anyone, which of these QB’s would you pick up?

Brissett
Dalton
Keenum
Other (Buy into the Jones hype?)

Not gonna drop Baker but it’d be nice to have options

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I totally bought into the hype, hopefully he can turn it around.

Question for you or anyone, which of these QB’s would you pick up?

Brissett
Dalton
Keenum
Other (Buy into the Jones hype?)

Not gonna drop Baker but it’d be nice to have options

Not Dalton, he's only decent because he has attempts at an unsustainable rate, yesterday showed what he really is.

I'm curious to see if Brissett is that solid game manager that plays it safe and racks up a decent TD/INT ratio, making him a solid option. I think I'd like Jones if Barkley wasn't hurt. Kyle Allen could be a solid play as long as Cam is out, I really like the weapons he has. Keenum could repeat 2017, but I doubt it. Brissett probably has a better chance at being Keenum from 2017.

I'd just play the matchups. I picked up Josh Allen this past week for my Cam leagues. I'll be going with someone else next week.

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Haven't looked at matchups yet, but Stafford against KC should have him up there as one of the better streamer options. There are probably 4-6 QB options almost always available that I wouldn't hate to stream, it just comes down to matchups on who to pick.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Not Dalton, he's only decent because he has attempts at an unsustainable rate, yesterday showed what he really is.

I'm curious to see if Brissett is that solid game manager that plays it safe and racks up a decent TD/INT ratio, making him a solid option. I think I'd like Jones if Barkley wasn't hurt. Kyle Allen could be a solid play as long as Cam is out, I really like the weapons he has. Keenum could repeat 2017, but I doubt it. Brissett probably has a better chance at being Keenum from 2017.

I'd just play the matchups. I picked up Josh Allen this past week for my Cam leagues. I'll be going with someone else next week.
Yeah I think Brissett is the one I’m leaning towards right now.

Is Stafford available?
Nope, got a hardcore Lions fan stashing him on his bench lol

Reactions: tacogeoff

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I probably would, but I'm someone who wouldn't even bother owning Drake. His only upside is being traded and put in a situation where he's the undisputed RB1. What teams need an RB1 that would be a good situation, there aren't many.
I think Drake at least has some value in a PPR on the Dolphins. Like, he has no upside in that offense, but he's probably good for 3+ catches a game, and that reception number can really go up depending on game flow, especially considering how mind-numbingly bad Ballage has been as a complement to Drake.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I think Drake at least has some value in a PPR on the Dolphins. Like, he has no upside in that offense, but he's probably good for 3+ catches a game, and that reception number can really go up depending on game flow, especially considering how mind-numbingly bad Ballage has been as a complement to Drake.
I'd rather take someone like Burkhead, who is probably available. Burkhead might have similar yardage numbers, but he'll have TD upside, and a better chance to have increased yardage.

If I'm in a situation where I have to play Drake, I'd rather go full boom/bust with a guy that might have a huge day. Since Ballage does suck, Drake will get guaranteed touches though. That backfield is like a worse version of Tampa's. Sure, you can get someone with guaranteed touches, but do you actually want them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad