2019 Season Discussion Thread

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Well in my league where I'm 1-4 I just traded Hopkins for Chubb. Can only start 2wr and 1 flex and I already have Adams, Golladay, Chark and Sutton. Plus MVS. needed another RB bad and status quo wasnt working so...

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Got offered Chubb and Edelman for Conner and Kupp. I originally offered OBJ and Conner for Chubb.

It's a no-brainer to accept, right? Kupp will still put up numbers, but no way he gets the 200+ targets that he's on pace for. My other WR would be OBJ, Lockett, Hilton, Ridley.
If you really need the running back upgrade then go for it. Between the other 4 you'll still have great options

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If you really need the running back upgrade then go for it. Between the other 4 you'll still have great options
I'm 5-0, so I don't need the upgrade, it's more about me trying to use my surplus at WR to upgrade my RB spot because I have that luxury.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
RB - David Johnson, James White, Marlon Mack

TE - Greg Olsen (Hunter Henry - IR)

I made waiver claims for Gerald Everett & Tevin Coleman.

Which one would you put as priority? Thinking Everett since Greg Olsen has had 1 good game and like 0 points the last two weeks & Coleman had a great return game but my RB's are OK, Mack should recover with a bye week.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
RB - David Johnson, James White, Marlon Mack

TE - Greg Olsen (Hunter Henry - IR)

I made waiver claims for Gerald Everett & Tevin Coleman.

Which one would you put as priority? Thinking Everett since Greg Olsen has had 1 good game and like 0 points the last two weeks & Coleman had a great return game but my RB's are OK, Mack should recover with a bye week.
Yep, your thinking is correct. For waivers, I try to just go week to week for who will best help me get a win in my current matchup. Specifically for Coleman and Breida even, it'll be impossible to judge who gets the touches in that backfield. They will have huge games and some duds because of it.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Will Fuller is somehow available in one of my leagues. I have a lower waiver claim so don't think it's even worth bothering unfortunately.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Will Fuller is somehow available in one of my leagues. I have a lower waiver claim so don't think it's even worth bothering unfortunately.

he would be a nice bench stash if you could grab him.

He is a nice boom or bust guy to have imo. I cant see him having a repeat of his last outing of 200+ yardage and landed 3 tds. I dont even think he hit 200 yards in the first four games combined with no TDs.

he might be a solid wr2 though based on how badly Hopkins has dropped off the face of the earth since week one. I could also be 100% wrong and that's why fantasy football is so fun ha.

Reactions: Trap Jesus

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I'm 5-0, so I don't need the upgrade, it's more about me trying to use my surplus at WR to upgrade my RB spot because I have that luxury.

who else do you have for RB? I also really like Kupp and I dont think you should be moving him. I traded for Chubb last week, he is a good running back but after watching the game last night it feels like the Browns are going to be playing from behind in the score quite a bit.

Do you think you could replace Kupp with Hilton?

You could also wait to move OBJ after he has a good game (it has to happen at some point) for a decent RB like Jacobs.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
who else do you have for RB? I also really like Kupp and I dont think you should be moving him. I traded for Chubb last week, he is a good running back but after watching the game last night it feels like the Browns are going to be playing from behind in the score quite a bit.

Do you think you could replace Kupp with Hilton?

You could also wait to move OBJ after he has a good game (it has to happen at some point) for a decent RB like Jacobs.
Conner, Carson, Ekeler, McCoy, Ronald Jones. I can either try a different WR or target Aaron Jones instead, but I'm not sure if Jones is a big enough upgrade to make it worth it.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Conner, Carson, Ekeler, McCoy, Ronald Jones. I can either try a different WR or target Aaron Jones instead, but I'm not sure if Jones is a big enough upgrade to make it worth it.

That's true. I mean ultimately its your decision but I think Kupp is just continuing off from where he left off last season before injury. His targets though are way up and will come back to earth but he finds that endzone.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
That's true. I mean ultimately its your decision but I think Kupp is just continuing off from where he left off last season before injury. His targets though are way up and will come back to earth but he finds that endzone.
My thinking is he'll eventually have a 2nd half like Thielen had last season.

Reactions: tacogeoff

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Curious what people think I should do here. I'm 3-2 in 12 team league (0.5 ppr). 2nd place in the standings, with the 2nd most pts in the league. We only have 5 bench spots, and I'm considering taking a zero this week. Start QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, Flex, TE, Def and K with only 5 bench spots.

QB Ryan, Wentz
RB Connor, Carson, Montgomery, Hyde and Darrel Williams
WR Allen, Cooper, Thielen and Lockett
TE Waller (BYE)
Def Bears (BYE)

K Maher

So my issue is I have 2 byes to fill with no backups currently rostered, but I don't want to drop Waller or Bears D as I'd lose them. I'm perfectly fine dropping Darrel Williams for one replacement but I'm not sure if I want to drop Hyde or Wentz for the other one. I'm currently leaning towards just taking a zero at TE and picking up the best matchup D for the week. The projections have me as like a 2 pt favorite with the zero at TE.

Would you drop someone in addition to Williams (if so who?) to fill out the whole lineup this week or would you just take the zero to not lose anyone?

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Curious what people think I should do here. I'm 3-2 in 12 team league (0.5 ppr). 2nd place in the standings, with the 2nd most pts in the league. We only have 5 bench spots, and I'm considering taking a zero this week. Start QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, Flex, TE, Def and K with only 5 bench spots.

QB Ryan, Wentz
RB Connor, Carson, Montgomery, Hyde and Darrel Williams
WR Allen, Cooper, Thielen and Lockett
TE Waller (BYE)
Def Bears (BYE)

K Maher

So my issue is I have 2 byes to fill with no backups currently rostered, but I don't want to drop Waller or Bears D as I'd lose them. I'm perfectly fine dropping Darrel Williams for one replacement but I'm not sure if I want to drop Hyde or Wentz for the other one. I'm currently leaning towards just taking a zero at TE and picking up the best matchup D for the week. The projections have me as like a 2 pt favorite with the zero at TE.

Would you drop someone in addition to Williams (if so who?) to fill out the whole lineup this week or would you just take the zero to not lose anyone?
Since this leagues looks like it has a short bench, I'd think you could get away with dropping Hyde. What sort of players would you have to pick from? I'd try to make a trade with one of your QB's, but probably a bit too late for that.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Since this leagues looks like it has a short bench, I'd think you could get away with dropping Hyde. What sort of players would you have to pick from? I'd try to make a trade with one of your QB's, but probably a bit too late for that.

I'm not blown away by the options out there (in order of yahoo projection this week).

TE: Witten, McDonald, Fant, Eifert
D: Balt, Was, Den

If you mean for RBs, to replace Hyde with the following week, there's not much. Duke Johnson and Ish Smith have the most pts YTD that are available. I never play Hyde, but I like him as a backup. There just aren't a lot of playable RBs I feel. I just have 2nd thoughts about dropping him for a TE I'm going to play one week and probably gives me like 5 points.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'm not blown away by the options out there (in order of yahoo projection this week).

TE: Witten, McDonald, Fant, Eifert
D: Balt, Was, Den

If you mean for RBs, to replace Hyde with the following week, there's not much. Duke Johnson and Ish Smith have the most pts YTD that are available. I never play Hyde, but I like him as a backup. There just aren't a lot of playable RBs I feel. I just have 2nd thoughts about dropping him for a TE I'm going to play one week and probably gives me like 5 points.
So, Everett and Herndon aren't available? Would be surprising if they are owned. I'm not a huge fan of punting weeks. I wouldn't be tied to Hyde either, always a decent chance no one picks him up or you might like the guy that someone drops for him.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
So, Everett and Herndon aren't available? Would be surprising if they are owned. I'm not a huge fan of punting weeks. I wouldn't be tied to Hyde either, always a decent chance no one picks him up or you might like the guy that someone drops for him.
No, they are owned. I keep going back and forth on what to do.

I really like my team right now and the depth I have. I'm pretty confident someone would pick up Hyde, given some of the rosters. I'm just worried about dropping Hyde and losing him, then suffering an injury at RB and all the sudden being really thin at RB.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
What's everyone's opinion on the KC RBs going forward: Williams, or McCoy?

Or do you you skip that time share, and go after J. Howard, who might be taking over the starting job with the Eagles? (Even if his upcoming schedule is fairly brutal)

Scotianhab

Aug 2, 2005
Nova Scotia
No, they are owned. I keep going back and forth on what to do.

I really like my team right now and the depth I have. I'm pretty confident someone would pick up Hyde, given some of the rosters. I'm just worried about dropping Hyde and losing him, then suffering an injury at RB and all the sudden being really thin at RB.

I haven’t had chance to look yet but what is the Bears schedule like going forward and into the playoffs? I usually just stream my DST.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I haven’t had chance to look yet but what is the Bears schedule like going forward and into the playoffs? I usually just stream my DST.
Schedule on paper isn't all that favorable, per the Yahoo opponents vs defense ranks. But I view the Bears defense as one of the few Defenses that are pretty much matchup proof. So far 12, 8, 24, 20 and 4 pts by week. I'm a Bears fan as well. KC is the only team I might be scared of in week 16, which would be the championship if I got there.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
What's everyone's opinion on the KC RBs going forward: Williams, or McCoy?

Or do you you skip that time share, and go after J. Howard, who might be taking over the starting job with the Eagles? (Even if his upcoming schedule is fairly brutal)
For everyone in KC, expect Mahomes, Kelce, and Hill, I'm simply scared to play. You just never know who after those guys gets the volume to put up points. They are always high-upside low-floor flex plays for me.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'm in a Half PPR keeper league with a short-bench and have a bye week issue due to IDP's.

Joe Schobert is on a bye next week, and I don't want to drop him. He's been the top IDP in our league.

My potential keepers, we keep 1. Ronald Jones (12th round pick cost), Kittle (10th round), Gallup (12th round), Lamar Jackson (7th round).

Players that are most droppable would be Ronald Jones, James White, David Montgomery, George Kittle. We don't use TE spot, so Kittle is just a flex option. I'm sort of split between Jones and Montgomery I think. Jones offers me upside for next season, while Montgomery for this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->