2019 Season Discussion Thread

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Vent about your team, free agent advice, draft advice, trade advice, rookie rankings, overall rankings, etc.

I will make a sleeper thread and a bust thread. Please do not ask start/sit questions here. There will be weekly threads for those.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
With all the impending holdouts (Zeke, Melvin Gordon), and the emerging time shares (Denver, Cleveland late year, Detroit, etc.), finding a 3 down back is going to be incredibly important.

If your top 5 imo you have to pick out of Zeke (assuming he signs)/CMC/Kamara/Barkley/DJ. After that it becomes interesting, I'd have Leveon right there in the mix at 7 (higher than he is going), and I'd mix Conner into the backend of the first round as well.

I think starting WR WR at the back end is really risky and might leave you without any dependable RB's

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
With all the impending holdouts (Zeke, Melvin Gordon), and the emerging time shares (Denver, Cleveland late year, Detroit, etc.), finding a 3 down back is going to be incredibly important.

If your top 5 imo you have to pick out of Zeke (assuming he signs)/CMC/Kamara/Barkley/DJ. After that it becomes interesting, I'd have Leveon right there in the mix at 7 (higher than he is going), and I'd mix Conner into the backend of the first round as well.

I think starting WR WR at the back end is really risky and might leave you without any dependable RB's
I’m picking 6 in a 12 teamer, hoping for Johnson. If not him I’ll go with Nuk.

Most mocks I’ve done I can end up with

6. Johnson/Nuk
19. One of Hill/Juju/Brown/Cook/Mixon/Chubb
30. Aaron Jones/Kerryon Johnson/Keenan Allen/T.Y Hilton
44. Cooks/Woods/Golliday or Jacobs/Montgomery

I find I can get 2 Wr/RB by round 4 that I’m happy starting, barring Kelce falling to 19 or Kittle falling to 30, going with either a RB (preferred) or WR at 6.

With Riddick getting cut I’m fine with Kerryon, who would be my backup plan should Jones/Freeman be gone at 30 if he needs to be my RB1 (getting a Nuk and Hill/Brown in round 1-2 softens that).

Won’t be touching Michel or likely Henry in my full point PPR, their draft slots are to high for guys who don’t catch any balls.

Jacobs
Ingram
Montgomery
Carson

Are all guys I’d rather have, and most you can get later.

Throw a few darts mid/late with Guice, Freeman, Coleman (I’m taking him any chance I get, feel he will be the lease guy in Shannahan’s system) and I’m perfectly fine waiting on RB’s until rd 3 in PPR.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
REPOSTING FROM OFFSEASON THREAD:

I have the 5th pick in 10 team PPR. First four picks are set in stone pretty much. Gordon is holding out (draft isn't til last Sunday in August though) and I'm really not a Bell fan this year. Year off, plays for the Jets. Just a gut feeling. I'm really high on David Johnson and might just reach for him. It's basically him and Hopkins I'm deciding between.

I could trade down and take Johnson but I'm pretty sure the league only does straight pick swaps and I'd rather stay at 5 for the remaining rounds. I like being in the middle. Also feel like WR is deeper than RB and don't think I'll have much left to choose from coming back around in the 2nd. And much rather have a guy like Juju, Evans, Cooper, Evans type as my WR1 than 2nd tier RB as my RB1

I did a few mock drafts:

The one I took Johnson I wound up with him, Juju, Thielen, Jacobs and Michel as my first 5 picks.
The one I took Hopkins I got him, Conner, Ertz, Aaron Jones and Diggs.

Now those are just mocks and I wanna say normally Diggs won't be there in round 5 in most leagues. But the guys in my league I'm sure are a lot different than random dudes on ESPN or the autopick feature. I know for a fact someone will take Mahomes in the first 2 rounds, there was one guy who took Luck #4 a few years ago.

Zibanejbread

Rebuilding.
Jan 19, 2013
PA
Fantasypros has Hopkins ranked #5 and DJ ranked #6 in PPR, for what it's worth. Bell at #11. I don't think it's a reach at all to take DJ at 5 and, depending on how the Zeke hold out goes, I could see him slotting up higher than him. With the lack of true workhorse RBs anymore, I'd feel more comfortable taking DJ in round 1, personally.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I mean, most one year drafts aren't for a few weeks anyway, but yeah, it's looking like at least the top five picks in re-draft are going to be RBs this year (Saquon, CMC, DJ, Zeke, Kamara).

@Big Poppa Puck You have to take whichever RB falls, in my opinion.

@BondraTime 6th looked like the last good spot for re-draft before all of this running back drama.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Considering all the projections and big boards I've been reading, where would you guys put Todd Gurley?

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Considering all the projections and big boards I've been reading, where would you guys put Todd Gurley?

I'm moving him way up my board given all the RB drama. This is anecdotal as well, but in the mocks I've done lately (exclusively Yahoo) he seems to be going consistently in the top-22. Personally, I probably have him at RB11 right now and he'll keep moving up unless some drastic news comes out of camp.

Reactions: Bob Richards

cobra9850

Apr 23, 2014
I am in a unique scoring system.It is
Touchdown heavy 60 points for touchdown for wr & rb(120 if more than 50 yards).40 points for qb (80 if more than 50 yards).Defences score heavy with a good d averaging at least 300 points .Who should I draft at 6?

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

Just doing a quick glance, Gurley is my RB8 behind Saquon, CMC, Kamara, Zeke, DJ, Mixon, Bell in that order. But I literally only took about a minute on that list. :laugh:

I am in a unique scoring system.It is
Touchdown heavy 60 points for touchdown for wr & rb(120 if more than 50 yards).40 points for qb (80 if more than 50 yards).Defences score heavy with a good d averaging at least 300 points .Who should I draft at 6?

To be honest, with that kind of scoring system, I'd just look for a new league.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
SO many question marks this year. Granted it's early and a lot could be answered over the next few weeks but this is one of the toughest years I can remember. I'd have some degree of concern on all of Zeke, DJ, Bell, AB, OBJ, Gurley, Gordon, Conner, Chubb, D Williams, Kerryon, Henry, Aaron Jones, Josh Jacobs, and probably a few I'm missing, and any could easily end up top 5. Then you have your complete question marks like Ingram, Philly, Chicago, SF, Miami, Denver, TB, Houston, Indy, etc. Gonna be interesting.

Last edited:

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Am I crazy to decline this?

I get: Devonta Freeman
I give: Kenyan Drake and Will Fuller

PPR dynasty... I already have Zeke and Kamara, but I'm obviously worried about Zeke. I love Fuller even though he's been injury prone early in his career.

Edit: I think Drake is massively overrated for dynasty, but man, I really don't want to give up Fuller.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I ended up taking the trade. I even got a pick swap in it too.

And Lamar Miller should be rocketing up draft boards right now even though he's been a giant tease in his career for fantasy.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
I've drafted Fuller the past two seasons. Injury riddled like hell but will generally put up numbers when available. Last year was more of a boom/bust scenario which was even more frustrating.

Freeman has been hurt the past two years as well. But with Coleman gone and so much up in the air with RB's, I would have taken the trade too.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Keeper question: I can keep either CMC or Zeke for a 2nd rounder, which as right now CMC seems like the obvious choice, also its .5 ppr, however I could also keep Chubb for my last pick, or maybe its 10th rounder or something im forgetting our rule. Would keeping Chubb over CMC be dumb given Hunt is in Cleveland now, despite the huge round value discrepancy? The value would also last more seasons with Chubb

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Keeper question: I can keep either CMC or Zeke for a 2nd rounder, which as right now CMC seems like the obvious choice, also its .5 ppr, however I could also keep Chubb for my last pick, or maybe its 10th rounder or something im forgetting our rule. Would keeping Chubb over CMC be dumb given Hunt is in Cleveland now, despite the huge round value discrepancy? The value would also last more seasons with Chubb

Chubb is my RB11 behind the eight I posted in post 11, Cook and Gordon. CMC is my RB2 in half PPR (and full PPR), and Zeke, I have no idea where to rank right now.

I'd probably go McCaffrey, to be honest. He plays an absurd amount of plays, and Carolina has no proven pass catchers at WR/TE except Olsen, and he's always hurt lately. I love D.J. Moore this year for what it's worth.

Where is your second round pick this year? (i.e., is it 15th overall, 20th overall, etc.?)

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Chubb is my RB11 behind the eight I posted in post 11, Cook and Gordon. CMC is my RB2 in half PPR (and full PPR), and Zeke, I have no idea where to rank right now.

I'd probably go McCaffrey, to be honest. He plays an absurd amount of plays, and Carolina has no proven pass catchers at WR/TE except Olsen, and he's always hurt lately. I love D.J. Moore this year for what it's worth.

Where is your second round pick this year? (i.e., is it 15th overall, 20th overall, etc.?)

Draft order is decided on draft day, so I wont know till then. I mean I get that CMC is a top 2 RB and will take him over zeke anyway, since they have the same cost. Just was wondering if the value for Chubb was worth it considering i'd be giving up CMC but at the cost of a 10th round pick vs a 2nd

Like if I keep Chubb and draft second overall, 3 RB's that should be available are Zeke, CMC and DJ. I could keep Chubb and draft one then also have my second. Or I could really stack it and have DJ and CMC. As much as i love CMC if it wasnt for Hunt I would keep Chubb no questions just because of value

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Draft order is decided on draft day, so I wont know till then. I mean I get that CMC is a top 2 RB and will take him over zeke anyway, since they have the same cost. Just was wondering if the value for Chubb was worth it considering i'd be giving up CMC but at the cost of a 10th round pick vs a 2nd

Like if I keep Chubb and draft second overall, 3 RB's that should be available are Zeke, CMC and DJ. I could keep Chubb and draft one then also have my second. Or I could really stack it and have DJ and CMC. As much as i love CMC if it wasnt for Hunt I would keep Chubb no questions just because of value
I'd keep Chubb, you'd get much better value when you factor in the picks you'd give up.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

That's kinda silly for a limited keeper.

Granted, I like Chubb a lot this year, and Hunt isn't coming back for awhile. But McCaffrey has a very high floor in my opinion with a high ceiling as well.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
I'd keep Chubb, you'd get much better value when you factor in the picks you'd give up.

That's kinda silly for a limited keeper.

Granted, I like Chubb a lot this year, and Hunt isn't coming back for awhile. But McCaffrey has a very high floor in my opinion with a high ceiling as well.

You guys arent really helping, lol. Obviously CMC is the better and safer player, obviously Chubb has more value being a 10th. I am concerned with Hunt coming back, especially leeching in the fantasy playoffs, and if Chubb is a true star RB like he was for half a season. Chubb also has future value as a keeper while CMC does not

Keep in mind that a second is basically a 3rd in re-drafts. My projected players that will be kept are: Gurley, Barkley, Hopkins, Kamara, Kittle, Kelce, Diggs (unless he keeps Mahomes), Damien Williams (doubt it will be Gordon for a 1st but could be since a 1st is like a 2nd) and Ju-Ju

So if I Keep Chubb and draft, say, 2nd overall, I could have CMC, Chubb and whoever is still available late in the 2nd which would be one of: Keenan Allan, TY Hilton or Adam Thielen. Then there is the possibility of one of them also being there after the turn so after 3 rounds my team could be: CMC, Chubb, Adam Thielen* and Keenan Allen*. If I kept CMC and things play out the same my team after 3 rounds would be: CMC, DJ and Thielen*. Is Allen and Chubb worth a trade for DJ, I'd imagine Zeke will go 1stOA

If I draft like 9th and kept Chubb, after 3 rounds my team could look like: Chubb, Thomas, Mixon and... im not even sure, Cooks or Lockett maybe. If I keep CMC...well I hope to draft early. I finished 6th, heart break too as I tied for the last playoff spot, 4th, but was 5th due to tie breakers. so being that i finished 6th after the bracket I will be 6th to select my draft position

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I don't think I'd draft Gurley until round 3. If I can get two guys I'm really confident in and pick him up after then I'd take the risk, but I'm not comfortable taking that risk in the top 2 rounds. Need to hit on guys there.

Though he could be a league winner still.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad