2019 Season Discussion Thread

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Not the greatest performance from my RBs this week, but the receiving corp is looking solid. Starting 3WR/1TE everyone scored a TD this week, six TDs total. Lockett/Kupp/Moore/Hooper.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'm curious what'll happen to Carson if he doesn't stop fumbling. Dude is going to end up like Steve Slaton if he doesn't fix it.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Tough week for me, lost in league where I put up 142 and 162, and lost Barkley in one league where I'm already dealing with the McCoy/Damien/Darrel Williams headache.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I love combination of QB injuries and hitting on your late round QB pick. Was able to move Wentz for Hilton in a league and Rodgers for Mixon in another.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
That offense was so dependent on him. People like to hype Brown, but without the threat of a real receiving back, that offense struggles. Goff gets exposed bad.

It's driving me a little insane.

The volume of carries is steady and solid but he's been essentially removed from the passing game.

168 targets the past two years and he is on pace for 32 so far this season.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Ekeler will still get the bulk of the work this week. He was still a viable option last year, he just goes from RB1, to more of a RB3/flex option until we know what the workload will be.

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
So someone dropped Melvin Gordon last week in one of my leagues. I only had 51% faab left. Put it all on him thinking there's no chance as almost everyone had more faab left than me.

End up getting him, and someone spent more on Wayne Gallman than I did on Melvin lol.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Kind of freaking out about what to do with Ekeler in my 8 team league. After him and McCaffrey I have Carson, Damien Williams and Jacobs, and I'm pretty nervous about Williams and Carson. I can't really package them with anything as Diggs has been trash and not sure I'd want to give up Tyler Lockett. Also I have Odell and Golladay but they're kinda crucial to my team name... thinking I may be stuck with 3 RBs in precarious situations

Is Conner a good buy-low candidate or just someone to avoid?
Tough to say. His line has been underperforming, although it still consists of guys who have been really solid for years now. They should rebound, but Conner himself isn't running the same as last year. Maybe that's because of the line's struggles, maybe he's just tentative. Ultimately he'll be getting the bulk of carries and in fantasy, volume is huge. I would try and get him for sure but wouldn't give up a ton. Maybe a WR you've been using as a flex or something like that.

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Tough to say. His line has been underperforming, although it still consists of guys who have been really solid for years now. They should rebound, but Conner himself isn't running the same as last year. Maybe that's because of the line's struggles, maybe he's just tentative. Ultimately he'll be getting the bulk of carries and in fantasy, volume is huge. I would try and get him for sure but wouldn't give up a ton. Maybe a WR you've been using as a flex or something like that.

I can get him for Lamar Jackson, my QB would then be including Goff in that trade or picking up Brissett. I could then keep Conner next season for a 10th round pick.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Someone has this offer on the table for me: I trade Michael Thomas and Will Dissly for Lamar and Gurley

Current team:
Allen/Jones
Henry
Hyde/Cohen/Gore/Jackson/Murray (uglyyyyyy)
Thomas
Julio
Kittle
Moore/Mclourin

New team would be:
Jackson/Allen
Henry
Gurley
Julio
Moore
Kittle
Mclourin (or any of those backs above)

Full PPR - Do I do it?

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Kind of freaking out about what to do with Ekeler in my 8 team league. After him and McCaffrey I have Carson, Damien Williams and Jacobs, and I'm pretty nervous about Williams and Carson. I can't really package them with anything as Diggs has been trash and not sure I'd want to give up Tyler Lockett. Also I have Odell and Golladay but they're kinda crucial to my team name... thinking I may be stuck with 3 RBs in precarious situations

Is Penny available?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Someone has this offer on the table for me: I trade Michael Thomas and Will Dissly for Lamar and Gurley

Current team:
Allen/Jones
Henry
Hyde/Cohen/Gore/Jackson/Murray (uglyyyyyy)
Thomas
Julio
Kittle
Moore/Mclourin

New team would be:
Jackson/Allen
Henry
Gurley
Thomas
Moore
Kittle
Mclourin (or any of those backs above)

Full PPR - Do I do it?
Are you trading Julio or Thomas, your new team has Thomas still in it. I think it's a no brainer. You immediately upgrade your 2 weakest positions, you don't lose at TE, and the knock at WR isn't terrible.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I can get him for Lamar Jackson, my QB would then be including Goff in that trade or picking up Brissett. I could then keep Conner next season for a 10th round pick.
That's tough. Really depends on your outlook on Jackson (and Goff I suppose), and I don't know enough about him or his style to really give an opinion. I know many say his style isn't sustainable
Is Penny available?
Yes, but we only have 5-man benches and can hold a max of 5 RBs. I'm at the limit now

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Yes, but we only have 5-man benches and can hold a max of 5 RBs. I'm at the limit now
Gotcha. I think you ride it out. Carson will either bounce back or lose his job to Penny and you just need to make sure to get him. Carson hasn't had problems with fumbling historically, so hopefully he gets it together.

Reactions: Beauner

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
This weekend, I went to bed 20 points behind my not-at-all-gloating wife with only the Chicago Bears defence left to play.

I have since discovered that apparently when I gloat it's not okay :laugh::(

Is Conner a good buy-low candidate or just someone to avoid?

Read today that he's got a soft schedule left for RBs and he's getting the volume; that seems to be a good buy-low to me.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
PPR. Would you rather:

Christian McCaffrey & AJ Green
or
Melvin Gordon & Cooper Kupp

My RBS: Fournette, Carson, Penny, D. Montgomery
WRs: Ridley, Ross III, Samuel, D. Robinson
TEs: Ertz, Waller

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
PPR. Would you rather:

Christian McCaffrey & AJ Green
or
Melvin Gordon & Cooper Kupp

My RBS: Fournette, Carson, Penny, D. Montgomery
WRs: Ridley, Ross III, Samuel, D. Robinson
TEs: Ertz, Waller
So you have the option of getting either package? For me the gap between CMC and Gordon is bigger than Kupp and Green. Gordon and Green both come with uncertainty. Will Gordon still have a big load or will it be shared. When will Green comeback and to what level. Of the known options, CMC over Kupp too.

You could probably use a TE to upgrade your WR.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I've played against Jimmy Graham in 2 of 4 weeks so far. Jimmy Graham has 0 points in 2/4 weeks so far. Jimmy Graham has combined for over 31 points against me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad