2019 OHL Draft Prospects

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Please explain how a previously ranked player suddenly falls off the list completely?! These rankings outside the top 50, are questionable and extremely biased. Some of these kids are getting the benefit of being coaching (Paul Coffee) or game schedule. Put a couple of these kids on a different teams and they disappear. Really starting to lose faith in the system and how people evaluate, true talent. I see a lot of Alexander Daigle type flops here, and I’m almost embarrassed posting this but really?! This is a joke! I can name at least a handful of kids not on this list and some could be inside or close to top 50.

Wait are you complimenting them or insulting them? You say you see a lot of Alexandre Daigle's on this list (except you spelled his name wrong). You mean the guy who had 281 points in 137 games in junior? This is an OHL draft list, so you're saying on their list there is a ton of guys who will average over 2 points per game in their junior careers? Wow you're right, they are doing an unbelievable job at evaluating the talent then

Also to the "I can name at least a handful of kids not on this list and some could be inside or close to top 50" comment, okay name them. And then we'll see if any of them actually get drafted top 50. Whenever you're ready:popcorn:

GloryDays

Feb 15, 2019
Thanks for the ranking. I asked this question last month and never got an answer from anyone. Would all of these player score be represented by an agent by now? Or at least approached? Who are some of the big player agencies for players this age? I’ve heard of kids 14 and 15 being repped by agents but have no proof of it actually happening and I was curious as to how common it is.
Most of the kids have to "tread lightly" with regards to agents if they wish to keep their NCAA eligibility status. Not that there's not ways around it...

otwinner

Jun 30, 2006
Toronto
Wait are you complimenting them or insulting them? You say you see a lot of Alexandre Daigle's on this list (except you spelled his name wrong). You mean the guy who had 281 points in 137 games in junior? This is an OHL draft list, so you're saying on their list there is a ton of guys who will average over 2 points per game in their junior careers? Wow you're right, they are doing an unbelievable job at evaluating the talent then

Also to the "I can name at least a handful of kids not on this list and some could be inside or close to top 50" comment, okay name them. And then we'll see if any of them actually get drafted top 50. Whenever you're ready:popcorn:

I didn’t know this was an English lesson. Should I have said Dave Moylan instead or maybe John Uniac?! I’m sure you know exactly who they are right?! My point was quite clear, the list is biased and filled with more than a few flops.. as for my list, I will publish a list of 5-10 sleepers the week leading up to the draft. As for the poster who mentioned me having a kid in the draft, try again. As mentioned, I’ve been involved in sports for well over 40 years, But maybe send me your kids name so I can add him to the list and maybe you can sleep better at night.

Reactions: Iloveallsports

GloryDays

Feb 15, 2019
While the list is entertaining, it is without question inaccurate. I follow the 03 loop quite closely and there are kids on this list within the top 100 that might not get drafted, and if they do, they will go late. Conversely, there are kids sitting in the 200+ range that will likely go 100 spots earlier.

Take it for what it is - somewhat of an educated guess.

About the only thing we really know is who the top 25 to 50 players are. After that, the accuracy of the lists fall off quick. And yes, some are biased.

Some interesting opinions regarding the rankings. I appreciate PP's work and willingness to share it though I'm curious as to their intent or purpose. As we discussed before it's much easier for them to focus on the G and golden horseshoe area. It'll be an interesting comparison with the actual draft selections. No doubt teams have much more resources to cover the various leagues, teams and players through the province.

I really want to believe ot that it's not reliant on who you know, cash, etc...

Reactions: Gavin Chiasson

Gavin Chiasson

Jan 15, 2019
Thanks for clarifying tips! And if I actually had that much time to sit and make a top 260 and attend games like these guys, I’d gladly make that list just for you princess! As for the “epic” career, how did that work out for him???! My point exactly!

How many games have you attended this year and watched yourself? Did you actually watch 2 of the bottom teams play against each other? How many scouts did you see in the stands at that game? The Marlboros tournament is a prime example. Top teams play, everyone in the building is watching, including every scout. Great, you can evaluate top end talent, but the truly exceptional talent is playing elsewhere, not surrounded by a bunch of “superstars” or a Hall of Fame NHL coach or not having his parents slip someone an extra few K in the parking lot to make a team. I’ve been around this game for over 40 years and the process has changed drastically. It’s no longer about heart and talent, it’s about who can put more money in your pocket. The facts are clear.

I appreciate the effort put in to the list, but what about the kids who are listed and suddenly gone?! You ever think about their feelings or how much this actually means to them? Or the emotion and excitement that’s suddenly ripped from under them thinking the might hear their name called?! Or you too busy researching and living in a reality world with Pamela Anderson?!
or...or...here's a thought...this draft ranking isn't going to ruin their excitement. Just because they aren't on there doesn't mean they won't be drafted.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I didn’t know this was an English lesson. Should I have said Dave Moylan instead or maybe John Uniac?! I’m sure you know exactly who they are right?! My point was quite clear, the list is biased and filled with more than a few flops.. as for my list, I will publish a list of 5-10 sleepers the week leading up to the draft. As for the poster who mentioned me having a kid in the draft, try again. As mentioned, I’ve been involved in sports for well over 40 years, But maybe send me your kids name so I can add him to the list and maybe you can sleep better at night.

Yeah I figured you wouldn't name any of the kids who will go top 50 that they missed. Still waiting on that.... But you'll never post 1 let alone the "handful" who are for sure top 50 who's they left off apparently lol

Reactions: OSA

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Sorry we missed your question last month, waitin425. At this point, it is safe to assume that most players eligible for the 2019 OHL Draft -- and especially those at the top of this year's class -- have secured some sort of personal representation. One of the more well-known advisory agencies is Wrobel Elite Hockey. In addition to representing the likes of Brandon Montour and Ben Chiarot at the NHL-level, we believe that Wrobel Elite Hockey also represents Brandt Clarke, Francesco Arcuri, and Declan Ride to name a few. With this being said, however, it's important to note that there are distinct differences between advisors, representatives, and player agencies.

Thanks for answering. I checked out wrobel and they seem legit. I am aware of similar player development/advisory businesses out there and it doesn’t shock me that most of the draft class would employ this type of training to prepare for the upcoming draft. I bet a lot of these kids have spent the last few years training with these representatives. What about actually player agents? The ones that in 3-5 years will be negotiating contracts for these kids. Do they start signing and recruiting these kids this young? Who are the biggies? Obviously in the NHL there are ORR group and Meehan etc. But do they pick these kids up this early? Is it even allowed? Would this list for example be all represented by an agent?

foghorn

Nov 4, 2017
Please explain how a previously ranked player suddenly falls off the list completely?! These rankings outside the top 50, are questionable and extremely biased. Some of these kids are getting the benefit of being coaching (Paul Coffee) or game schedule. Put a couple of these kids on a different teams and they disappear. Really starting to lose faith in the system and how people evaluate, true talent. I see a lot of Alexander Daigle type flops here, and I’m almost embarrassed posting this but really?! This is a joke! I can name at least a handful of kids not on this list and some could be inside or close to top 50.
then make your own list!!?? its just their opinion its not the one every ohl team uses to select players lol cmon man

Reactions: OSA

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
then make your own list!!?? its just their opinion its not the one every ohl team uses to select players lol cmon man
They wouldn’t do that, they’ll just tell everyone they could if they wanted to, but they don’t feel like it:laugh:

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
Today's prospect profile analyzes the play of Cole Patey -- a standout with the North Central Predators who brings a physical yet lethal offensive game to the ice on a nightly basis. As a tremendous skater of above-average speed who plays a strong game in all three zones of the ice, Patey projects to be made a second-to-third round selection come the 2019 OHL Priority Selection.

ExtremeHockeyFan

Mar 19, 2012
Early mock draft, standings as of morning of March 8, 2019:

1. Shane Wright (Kingston Frontenacs) (Don Mills) (C)
2. Mason McTavish (Flint Firebirds) (Pembroke) (C)
Either forward or D needed, take the forward.
3. Brennan Othmann (Erie Otters) (Don Mills) (LW)
Combo with Drysdale, wow.
4. Brandt Clarke (Windsor Spitfires) (Don Mills) (D)
Spits are gonna be real good
5. Connor Lockhart (Barrie Colts) (Kanata) (C)
6. Roman Schmidt (Sarnia Sting) (Don Mills) (D)
7. Liam Arnsby (North Bay Battalion) (Don Mills) (F)
8. Ethan Del Mastro (Hamilton Bulldogs) (Marlboros) (D)
9. Brett Harrison (Peterborough Petes) (Jr. Knights) (C)
10. Brenden Sirizzotti (Owen Sound Attack) (Whitby) (W)

Reactions: LDN and hockeynorth

Petes

Jun 23, 2014

Petes have the 5th overall pick due to Will Cuylle not reporting last season.

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017

You also have 3 western teams in first 4 picks

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario

What can you tell about Sirizzotti ???, EHF Power Forward, Shooter ?

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Any word on the OHL combine? My understanding is that it’s only a limited amount of players invited. I would hazard a guess that the players invited would indicate who the teams are looking at.

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA

Is Roman Schmidt really going in the 1st Round being that he's committed to the NCAA or do you guys think he falls to the 2nd Round or so, could it be a similar situation to Owen Power last year. Also if someone could give some insight on how do both Power/Schmidt compare? They both seem like they have similar styles. Both huge with good offensive instincts, etc?

ceg195

Nov 6, 2012
Is Roman Schmidt really going in the 1st Round being that he's committed to the NCAA or do you guys think he falls to the 2nd Round or so, could it be a similar situation to Owen Power last year. Also if someone could give some insight on how do both Power/Schmidt compare? They both seem like they have similar styles. Both huge with good offensive instincts, etc?

Yes very comparable players in size and skill. Schmidt shoots right and Power shoots left. Schmidt has better foot work than Power did at this point.

Reactions: Prospect Pipeline

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
Yes very comparable players in size and skill. Schmidt shoots right and Power shoots left. Schmidt has better foot work than Power did at this point.
Who do u think has more potential at the NHL level and also which player is better strictly offensively

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00