2019 OHL Draft Prospects

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
It is 1 of the conditions of being awarded exceptional status - you must go where ever you are drafted.
The scenario surrounding Wright holds many parallels to Connor McDavid's situation ahead of his rookie OHL campaign with the Erie Otters. Despite the Otters' terrible record in the season prior to McDavid's first overall selection (10-52-6, 26PTS), he was determined to play in the OHL because it afforded him a greater opportunity for personal growth. Like McDavid, Wright would not benefit in any way from a return to the GTHL and a second Minor Midget campaign. In short, it would make little sense for Wright to decline to report to Flint -- who knows, maybe Kingston will hold the first overall selection come the 2019 OHL Draft...

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
Our next prospect profile ahead of the 2019 OHL Priority Selection focuses on Marko Sikic of the Kitchener Jr. Rangers. A dominant offensive force in ALLIANCE this season, Sikic features great size, soft hands, and the willingness to play a competitive two-way game. Projected to be selected in the second-to-third round of the OHL Draft, Sikic's size and skating abilities should ascend him to the OHL-level in 2019-20.

Reactions: Gavin Chiasson

listro

Dec 12, 2018
Is there a list available of current top prospects, such as a top 10 or top 30 list?

Prospect Pipelines has assembled their Feb. List in this thread. I've quoted them for you to review.

February OHL Draft Ranking: The Top-220

We've officially released our 2019 OHL Priority Selection Ranking for the month of February, and this month's edition is bigger and better than ever before. Included in February's ranking are our top-220 prospects eligible for the 2019 OHL Draft, as well as 30 honourable mentions who could surprise come Draft Day. Also featured within this month's ranking are a whopping 50 prospect profiles -- a boatload of information to digest with the Priority Selection just two months away.

OHL Draft Ranking: Top-20 Goaltenders

Goaltenders eligible for the 2019 OHL Priority Selection have not been discussed in great detail this season, a reality which comes as somewhat of a surprise given their importance to the future success of any given team at the OHL-level. As a result, we've put together a mid-term Goaltender Ranking which highlights the top-20 netminders thus far and lists ten honourable mentions as well. Considering the numerous goaltenders of immense skill competing within their respective leagues this season, you'll want to familiarize yourself with these goaltenders ahead of the 2019 OHL Priority Selection.

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
With the GTHL Playoffs set to resume tonight, take a moment to meet Declan Ride of the Toronto Nationals. Although he is committed to the NCAA, Ride is one of the most intriguing defenders eligible for the 2019 OHL Draft owing to his incredible size, defensive prowess, and growing offensive game. What's more is that despite his 6-foot-4 frame, Ride is a smooth and highly technical skater -- affording him all of the tools necessary to attain success at the next-level.

ceg195

Nov 6, 2012
Spirited affair last night between the flyers and wings that resulted in a 1-1 tie.

Wings thought they had won it late but the puck was knocked in by a high stick by Fantilli. It was actually an unbelievable play; with his back to the net, the puck flew up and he batted it in during a fast sequence busting to the net.

It was the flyers game to win though. They had two 5 on 3’s in the third period but failed to execute. They also hit a couple posts throughout the game.

As for players that caught my attention since this is a prospect thread:

Othmann- extremely talented and not afraid to go to the areas and get roughed up. He gets knocked around a bit but that’s ok because it appears he hasn’t filled out yet.

Mistry- love this player. He is small but fearless. Does everything well.

Dann- made some nice plays when he had the puck. Also smallish.

Rosenweig- moves very well and is a big body in net. He stood on his head last night. I should of counted the shots.

Reactions: Prospect Pipeline

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
The scenario surrounding Wright holds many parallels to Connor McDavid's situation ahead of his rookie OHL campaign with the Erie Otters. Despite the Otters' terrible record in the season prior to McDavid's first overall selection (10-52-6, 26PTS), he was determined to play in the OHL because it afforded him a greater opportunity for personal growth. Like McDavid, Wright would not benefit in any way from a return to the GTHL and a second Minor Midget campaign. In short, it would make little sense for Wright to decline to report to Flint -- who knows, maybe Kingston will hold the first overall selection come the 2019 OHL Draft...
As an Ottawa fan I'd love Kingston to get him. It sucked to see Mcdavid once a year!

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
2019 OHL Draft Ranking:

The 2019 OHL Priority Selection is now less than 40 days away, as the postseason is winding down while the OHL Cup is looming large on the horizon. However, despite the proximity of the 2019 OHL Draft, a great deal of time remains for each and every prospect to improve their respective stocks ahead of their potential selection. This was exactly the case in the month of March, as numerous prospects improved their values dramatically while others stumbled in the dog days of the campaign.

With this being said, here are our top-260 OHL Draft-eligible prospects as of March. We'll have one final ranking for the 2019 Priority Selection posted in the days before the big event.

Reactions: Gavin Chiasson

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
2019 OHL Draft Ranking:

The 2019 OHL Priority Selection is now less than 40 days away, as the postseason is winding down while the OHL Cup is looming large on the horizon. However, despite the proximity of the 2019 OHL Draft, a great deal of time remains for each and every prospect to improve their respective stocks ahead of their potential selection. This was exactly the case in the month of March, as numerous prospects improved their values dramatically while others stumbled in the dog days of the campaign.

With this being said, here are our top-260 OHL Draft-eligible prospects as of March. We'll have one final ranking for the 2019 Priority Selection posted in the days before the big event.

Thanks!
You guys should do a real mock draft..

Reactions: OSA and BarberPole9

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
2019 OHL Draft Ranking:

Thanks for the ranking. I asked this question last month and never got an answer from anyone. Would all of these player score be represented by an agent by now? Or at least approached? Who are some of the big player agencies for players this age? I’ve heard of kids 14 and 15 being repped by agents but have no proof of it actually happening and I was curious as to how common it is.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
How good is Wright? What is his ceiling ?
I only saw him for about a period and a half back in October so very limited. But I was impressed by his speed, acceleration and edge work. Excellent Vision as well. Not sure on ceiling g but probably similar to other exceptional status players

otwinner

Jun 30, 2006
Toronto
2019 OHL Draft Ranking:

Please explain how a previously ranked player suddenly falls off the list completely?! These rankings outside the top 50, are questionable and extremely biased. Some of these kids are getting the benefit of being coaching (Paul Coffee) or game schedule. Put a couple of these kids on a different teams and they disappear. Really starting to lose faith in the system and how people evaluate, true talent. I see a lot of Alexander Daigle type flops here, and I’m almost embarrassed posting this but really?! This is a joke! I can name at least a handful of kids not on this list and some could be inside or close to top 50.

Ptbomillsy619

Dec 17, 2017
If wright does get exceptional status is he a lock for number 1 Talent wise or is it talent aswell as age there has been exceptional status players not drafted 1st overall in the past I’m new to following these kids prior to ohl draft so I’m interested

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Please explain how a previously ranked player suddenly falls off the list completely?! These rankings outside the top 50, are questionable and extremely biased. Some of these kids are getting the benefit of being coaching (Paul Coffee) or game schedule. Put a couple of these kids on a different teams and they disappear. Really starting to lose faith in the system and how people evaluate, true talent. I see a lot of Alexander Daigle type flops here, and I’m almost embarrassed posting this but really?! This is a joke! I can name at least a handful of kids not on this list and some could be inside or close to top 50.

Alexandre Daigle had an epic Junior career and once dated Pamela Anderson.

When somebody puts themselves out there and gives the world a free list, it is very easy to criticize. I, and many others appreciate any free information.

Might I suggest you build your own list so that it can be compared with this list after the OHL Draft?

otwinner

Jun 30, 2006
Toronto

When somebody puts themselves out there and gives the world a free list, it is very easy to criticize. I, and many others appreciate any free information.

Might I suggest you build your own list so that it can be compared with this list after the OHL Draft?

Thanks for clarifying tips! And if I actually had that much time to sit and make a top 260 and attend games like these guys, I’d gladly make that list just for you princess! As for the “epic” career, how did that work out for him???! My point exactly!

How many games have you attended this year and watched yourself? Did you actually watch 2 of the bottom teams play against each other? How many scouts did you see in the stands at that game? The Marlboros tournament is a prime example. Top teams play, everyone in the building is watching, including every scout. Great, you can evaluate top end talent, but the truly exceptional talent is playing elsewhere, not surrounded by a bunch of “superstars” or a Hall of Fame NHL coach or not having his parents slip someone an extra few K in the parking lot to make a team. I’ve been around this game for over 40 years and the process has changed drastically. It’s no longer about heart and talent, it’s about who can put more money in your pocket. The facts are clear.

I appreciate the effort put in to the list, but what about the kids who are listed and suddenly gone?! You ever think about their feelings or how much this actually means to them? Or the emotion and excitement that’s suddenly ripped from under them thinking the might hear their name called?! Or you too busy researching and living in a reality world with Pamela Anderson?!

otwinner

Jun 30, 2006
Toronto

Thanks for clarifying tips! And if I actually had that much time to sit and make a top 260 and attend games like these guys, I’d gladly make that list just for you princess! As for the “epic” career, how did that work out for him???! My point exactly!

The facts are clear. How many games have you attended this year and watched yourself? Did you actually watch 2 of the bottom teams play against each other? How many scouts did you see in the stands at that game? The Marlboros tournament is a prime example. Top teams play, everyone in the building is watching, including every scout. Great, you can evaluate top end talent, but the truly exceptional talent is playing elsewhere, not surrounded by a bunch of “superstars” or a Hall of Fame NHL coach or not having his parents slip someone an extra few K in the parking lot to make a team. I’ve been around this game for over 40 years and the process has changed drastically. It’s no longer about heart and talent, it’s about who can put more money in your pocket.

I appreciate the effort put in to the list, but what about the kids who are listed and suddenly gone?! You ever think about their feelings or how much this actually means to them? Or the emotion and excitement that’s suddenly ripped from under them thinking the might hear their name called?! Or you too busy researching and living in a reality world with Pamela Anderson?!

Last edited:

03HockeyFan

Mar 5, 2019
While the list is entertaining, it is without question inaccurate. I follow the 03 loop quite closely and there are kids on this list within the top 100 that might not get drafted, and if they do, they will go late. Conversely, there are kids sitting in the 200+ range that will likely go 100 spots earlier.

Take it for what it is - somewhat of an educated guess.

About the only thing we really know is who the top 25 to 50 players are. After that, the accuracy of the lists fall off quick. And yes, some are biased.

Reactions: BarberPole9

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
Thanks for the ranking. I asked this question last month and never got an answer from anyone. Would all of these player score be represented by an agent by now? Or at least approached? Who are some of the big player agencies for players this age? I’ve heard of kids 14 and 15 being repped by agents but have no proof of it actually happening and I was curious as to how common it is.
Sorry we missed your question last month, waitin425. At this point, it is safe to assume that most players eligible for the 2019 OHL Draft -- and especially those at the top of this year's class -- have secured some sort of personal representation. One of the more well-known advisory agencies is Wrobel Elite Hockey. In addition to representing the likes of Brandon Montour and Ben Chiarot at the NHL-level, we believe that Wrobel Elite Hockey also represents Brandt Clarke, Francesco Arcuri, and Declan Ride to name a few. With this being said, however, it's important to note that there are distinct differences between advisors, representatives, and player agencies.

Reactions: waitin425

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
How good is Wright? What is his ceiling ?
As "waitin425" mentioned earlier, Wright is an exceptional skater. Not only does he possess high-end speed and acceleration, but Wright's agility and ability to change direction while maintaining his speed is second-to-none within the minor midget circuit this season. In terms of his vision and playmaking abilities, these qualities also stand at an elite-level for Wright. Although often double-teamed by opposing defences, Wright can protect the puck as well as any and can execute creative, high-risk passes with remarkable ease and consistency. While his shot strength will improve over time as he adds greater muscle to his frame, there are no clear holes present within Wright's game. In terms of Wright's ceiling, he could very well develop into a player of similar ability to those we have secured Exceptional Status before him. With regards to an NHL comparison, Wright could progress into a mixture between John Tavares and Brayden Point.

Reactions: LDN

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
Today's OHL Prospect Profile highlights the abilities of Jacob Dupuis -- a versatile two-way player for the Clarington Toros whose ability to play multiple positions affords him with an unparalleled perspective of the game and how to operate within it. Although his offensive game continues to grow, Dupuis' size and puck-handling abilities combine to make him a lethal player whether skating as a forward or manning his team's blue line.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
While the list is entertaining, it is without question inaccurate. I follow the 03 loop quite closely and there are kids on this list within the top 100 that might not get drafted, and if they do, they will go late. Conversely, there are kids sitting in the 200+ range that will likely go 100 spots earlier.

Take it for what it is - somewhat of an educated guess.

About the only thing we really know is who the top 25 to 50 players are. After that, the accuracy of the lists fall off quick. And yes, some are biased.

What I love about scouting is that there can be at player listed in the top 20 for one team who isn't even on another team's draft boards. The best teams like London are able to identify players like Alex Formenton who probably don't show up on anybody's list.

There are lots of great players like Anthony Cirelli who make the OHL after going undrafted by 20 teams in 15 rounds. Instead of getting upset at the teams, scouts and ranking lists, these players use their snubs as fuel. Look at Tye Felhaber and Austen Keating in Ottawa- they are forming 2/3 of one of the best teams in the league after going undrafted by the NHL.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa

The facts are clear. How many games have you attended this year and watched yourself? Did you actually watch 2 of the bottom teams play against each other? How many scouts did you see in the stands at that game? The Marlboros tournament is a prime example. Top teams play, everyone in the building is watching, including every scout. Great, you can evaluate top end talent, but the truly exceptional talent is playing elsewhere, not surrounded by a bunch of “superstars” or a Hall of Fame NHL coach or not having his parents slip someone an extra few K in the parking lot to make a team. I’ve been around this game for over 40 years and the process has changed drastically. It’s no longer about heart and talent, it’s about who can put more money in your pocket.

Alexandre Daigle was the first overall pick in the NHL after putting up 247 points in two years as a 16 and 17 year old in the Q. He played parts of 10 seasons in the NHL and made well over $12,000,000 USD in the process before moving over and playing for Davos in the Swiss League. Most any player on the list that you will make up would do anything for a career like that and none of them are likely to have the Junior Hockey success that he did.

Instead of getting mad at the poster's rankings, print them off and give them to your loved one as daily motivation. If he's good enough, he will make it one day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->