2019 OHL Draft Prospects

listro

Dec 12, 2018
Is Compuware sending a team of their best 03's? Like they did at the Silver Stick? Based on that write-up it looks as if it will be the same group (mostly 03's from the U16 and some good ones from the 15-only team). Will be interested to see if two of the 04's that played at Silver Stick are on the OHL Cup team again.
Detroit has withdrawn from the tournament.

Edit: here is the link as to what will happen because of that... Revised Wild Card Play In Format For 2019 OHL Cup Powered by Under Armour – OHL Cup

Reactions: Garyboy

Prospect Pipeline

Sep 15, 2018
Hey folks,

With the 2019 OHL Cup officially underway, we've released our list of the top 50 prospects to watch throughout the tournament. In addition to listing 50 players with representation from all teams involved, we've also included a succinct profile for each player listed so that you know exactly who to look for and why when taking in tournament action. In short, if you're new to the minor midget circle or are unfamiliar with a certain team competing, keep this list handy.

Reactions: Gavin Chiasson

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Any updates from the OHL cup, player wise?

I’m wondering if there are any surprises good or bad. Is anyone moving up draft boards?

Would love a detailed write up

Gavin Chiasson

Jan 15, 2019
I feel as if most NOHA players will move up slightly. Most NOHA players that were ranked top 100 might move up one or two spots, and others might see a higher jump, other than that, some Thunder Bay players have surprised me. Also that Ikky guy had a natural hat trick in his first game there, not sure what he was ranked before but he's been doing well.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
When is the draft?

Priority Selection is always the first Saturday in April (6th) this year.

9 a.m. is when round one is set to commence for the 1st round, lunch freeze at 12 noon. First 3 rounds are live feed through the OHL site.

Each club has 1-2 timeouts during the draft to use during the day when making the selection.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Top 10

Kingston - Wright
Flint - Clarke
Erie - Othmann
Barrie - McTavish
Peterborough - Harrison
Windsor - Pinelli
Sarnia - Lockhart
Hamilton - del mastro
North Bay - Arnsby
Owen sound - Arcuri

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Top 10

Kingston - Wright
Flint - Clarke
Erie - Othmann
Barrie - McTavish
Peterborough - Harrison
Windsor - Pinelli
Sarnia - Lockhart
Hamilton - del mastro
North Bay - Arnsby
Owen sound - Arcuri

Top 11

Kingston - Wright
Flint - Othmann
Erie - Clarke
Barrie - McTavish
Peterborough - Zhilkin
Windsor - Lockhart
Sarnia - Pinelli
Hamilton - Del Mastro
North Bay - Arnsby
Owen Sound - Harrison
Peterborough - Guryev

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Top 11

Kingston - Wright
Flint - Othmann
Erie - Clarke
Barrie - McTavish
Peterborough - Zhilkin
Windsor - Lockhart
Sarnia - Pinelli
Hamilton - Del Mastro
North Bay - Arnsby
Owen Sound - Harrison
Peterborough - Guryev

top 16
Kingston - Wright
Flint - Clarke
Erie - McTavish
Barrie - Lockhart
Peterborough - Othmann
Windsor - Zhilkin
Sarnia - Pinelli
Hamilton - Del Mastro
North Bay - Harrison
Owen Sound - Arcuri
Peterborough - Guryev
Mississauga - Rolofs
Kitchener -Arnsby
Guelph - Sirizzotti
Sudbury - Stillman
Oshawa - Pastujov, and he signs.....

(my real Gens pick is Kressler, but trying to speak it into existence)

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
top 16
Kingston - Wright
Flint - Clarke
Erie - McTavish
Barrie - Lockhart
Peterborough - Othmann
Windsor - Zhilkin
Sarnia - Pinelli
Hamilton - Del Mastro
North Bay - Harrison
Owen Sound - Arcuri
Peterborough - Guryev
Mississauga - Rolofs
Kitchener -Arnsby
Guelph - Sirizzotti
Sudbury - Stillman
Oshawa - Pastujov, and he signs.....

(my real Gens pick is Kressler, but trying to speak it into existence)
I can't see us taking Stillman with our first

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I can't see us taking Stillman with our first

If Corey says to take him, I'd bet you take him. No idea if that's a mandatory thing for him or not though. But it's worth a guess at 15 lol. Sudbury does have 1 2nd (Barrie's) but then no 3rd. So if they're going to take it, it has to be with one of their first 2 picks

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
If Corey says to take him, I'd bet you take him. No idea if that's a mandatory thing for him or not though. But it's worth a guess at 15 lol. Sudbury does have 1 2nd (Barrie's) but then no 3rd. So if they're going to take it, it has to be with one of their first 2 picks
I think he might fall some, NCAA commit, NOHA kids typically fall some, etc. Is there any way to acquire a 3rd before the draft? If so I'd bet that's our move. I do think one of him, Giroux, Kavanaugh or McCue are wolves

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I think he might fall some, NCAA commit, NOHA kids typically fall some, etc. Is there any way to acquire a 3rd before the draft? If so I'd bet that's our move. I do think one of him, Giroux, Kavanaugh or McCue are wolves

You can trade picks only on draft day, although you never see high picks get moved, it's usually 8ths for 9ths/10ths and things like that. It'll come down to whether or not Corey wants to coach his son. If he does, SBY will have to take him with one of their first 2 picks I'd think

Reactions: hockeynorth

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
I know he is talented, but wonder why so many are picking Orthmann to Flint with the 2nd pick over McTavish, Lockhart, and Clarke?

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
Barely got to catch any of the OHL Cup this year because of work, but I did get to see a couple games. About half of Rebels vs Kitchener and Red Wings vs NOHA. Some thoughts on a few players:

-I think Fishman will eventually be a great OHL player. He's going to rack up points. Smarts, Competitive, Nose for the net.
-Wish Zito would drive the net more. Falls in love with his shot on the perimeter a little too much.
-Fantilli's goal off the rush was fantastic, and pretty revealing of how confident he is in himself. 3 on 1 as an underager, thought for sure he'd force a pass for the unselfish play...Nope, Snipes it off the bar.
-Dunbar was the most impressive Dman on NOHA. Should be able to translate his game pretty easily. Hopefully, he grows a little more.
-Smattering of forwards between the Red Wings and NOHA that I like, but don't love. Thought Martin was pretty nifty with the puck for such a big guy.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
You can trade picks only on draft day, although you never see high picks get moved, it's usually 8ths for 9ths/10ths and things like that. It'll come down to whether or not Corey wants to coach his son. If he does, SBY will have to take him with one of their first 2 picks I'd think

A few 2nds & 3rds get moved in the week prior to the draft, not cheaply.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
What an outstanding final in the OHL cup. Congrats to the Don Mills Flyers. Shane Wright is as advertised. Adam Fantilli as a dec 2004 kid is outstanding. Almost playing two years up and looked awesome in this game. He is going to be something special.

Reactions: Prospect Pipeline

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad