Prospect Info: 2019 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

HunterDuck

Jan 18, 2015
OC Vibe
I think Bob would draft a Russian only if he was sure the Russian in question was of Varangian heritage.

The man’s wild with Swedophilia

Also, Podkolzin sounds like a future Philadelphia Flyer.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I guess I'm higher on dach than anyone in bere

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I guess I'm higher on dach than anyone in bere

I really like him too. I worry more about skating issues when guys look stiff and unathletic. Dach lacks strength and length in his stride but still maneuvers quite well for a kid with baby deer legs. There's a lot of room for improvement there, I don't think he has heavy footed issues that can plague other bigger guys.

The vision, reach, playmaking combination are rare, he could be a fantastic compliment to the young centers we have in place.

Also love Zegras, reminds me a bit of Larkin in his draft year.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Draisaitl was similar in his draft year, you could see the skill in both at the time but skating was similar and questionable. He's too big and too skilled and his passing is so damn good.

Reactions: Doothpick

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
It'd be nice to have a 1C that has elite skating that can carry the puck in or just skate around people & create offense instead of the dump & chase.
They'll probably end up at #3 to #6 based on the lottery cause alot of those lottery sims have the Ducks falling 2 spots to #6, at that point at #6 Turcotte may be the best forward available.
3 to 5 is probably Cozens/Dach/Byram. Podkolzin probably drops to #7 if the Ducks pick #6

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Watching more video, might move turcotte up one spot, he reminds me eerily of Brayden Point his 2 way game is crazy.
If we don't get hughes, I think Turcotte is the guy I want(but I wouldn't be sad with Dach).

A guy I like later in the 1st if we add a pick is bobby brink, think hes a high risk high reward player.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
The Russian looks impressive too

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
I know he isn't a center, but sweet Jesus what a prospect Kaapo Kakko is. Look at this video from yesterday's game -- he outmuscles 1 guy, then dekes himself through 3 guys and the goalie. It took the 5th guy coming back from the blue line to stop him from scoring there...

Reactions: Tiny Biggs

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Kakko, Cozens please. :D
Ehhh we really need a center.

Kesler is done
Getzlaf still good but slowing down
Henrique would be better suited as a 3c
Steel seems like hell be a 2c at best
lundestrum seems like a 2c/3c

Im not really sold on Kakko… /shrug... Cozens seems legit tho.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Ehhh we really need a center.

Kesler is done
Getzlaf still good but slowing down
Henrique would be better suited as a 3c
Steel seems like hell be a 2c at best
lundestrum seems like a 2c/3c

Im not really sold on Kakko… /shrug... Cozens seems legit tho.
Yep Cozens is a Big Dude who can Skate Fast & is a shoot first Center.
Just imagine how much different the franchise could be in 4 years with a franchise Center in Cozens who can carry the puck in & shoot first when he has space & time instead getting cute with the puck & looking to pass when a wide open net is in front of him.

Also Cozens being more suited for 3 on 3 OT than Getzlaf cause of his speed & shoot first mentality.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
How come you're not sold on Kakko? Kid is amazing, I'm more sold on him playing against men rather than Hughes... Aside of our lack at C which is indeed real, I can only ask our brass to go BPA as usual.

I don't think size is a big issue as it used to be, I think hughes will do just fine.

As for kakko, maybe not sold on him wasn't the correct wording .. but I think we should for sure go for a center.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I don't think size is a big issue as it used to be, I think hughes will do just fine.

As for kakko, maybe not sold on him wasn't the correct wording .. but I think we should for sure go for a center.
Kakko's done just fine at C this season when he's played there, what about his skillset makes you believe he will not make it as C in NHL? Before you say skating, it's easily better than Kotkaniemi's. He's also on the best conditioning program in Finland.

If we consider Kotkaniemi getting drafted as a C after playing no games as C in Liiga, why could Kakko not get drafted as a C after playing several games as C in Liiga, with good success? I'd go even further and say that I think that Kakko's more likely to succeed as C in NHL than Hughes, since Hughes is a question mark at C. You say that size's not important in today's NHL, but you still have no 1Cs like Hughes in the league. The small skilled guys you think about are all Ws.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tiny Biggs and Elf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad