Prospect Info: 2019 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Elite Prospects - NHL Draft Center NHL CENTRAL SCOUTING TOP 31 NA
With Cozens we'll have a guy with great speed & shoot first goal scoring ability to win in 3 on 3 OT as well as being a more modern type of top line center with his speed.

If we want a Pass First center, might as well go full tank for Jack Hughes who has elite speed.

I like Byram more than Dach, same goals in only 2 more games played as a Defensemen.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
What’s Kakko like? I just want a Finn on this team again.

Here's some scouting report in a nice video format, you can actually see what the guy is talking about. I don't necessarily agree with everything he says and the star rating system is maybe a bit too optimistic, but in this draft Kakko is definitely a top 3 pick. Also, he has played as center for some games during the season, so he could possibly be developed into one on the NHL level.

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
Super giddy about the draft this year knowing we will get a solid player and not just hoping we do. The trade deadline and draft are my favorite times of the season unless we have a legit shot at cup then nothing beats a playoff atmosphere

Reactions: RakAttack

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Super giddy about the draft this year knowing we will get a solid player and not just hoping we do. The trade deadline and draft are my favorite times of the season unless we have a legit shot at cup then nothing beats a playoff atmosphere
On the flip side, the draft lottery will make or break our hearts. Imagine dropping three spots in the draft order because of sheer unluckiness.

If, like me, you believe in the conspiracy that the NHL rigged the 2005 lottery to give Crosby to Pittsburgh, then hopefully it's Anaheim's turn to cash out.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
On the flip side, the draft lottery will make or break our hearts. Imagine dropping three spots in the draft order because of sheer unluckiness.

If, like me, you believe in the conspiracy that the NHL rigged the 2005 lottery to give Crosby to Pittsburgh, then hopefully it's Anaheim's turn to cash out.
I agree its possible for them to rig it, either magnetic balls or something. Buffalo had like a ton of worst record finishes but has only one 1st overall to show for it & they were obnoxiously tanking all those years like the one where they kept trading goalies cause they played too well.

If the NHL is serious about California Hockey, they'll rig it so the Ducks & Kings get picks 1 & 2.
Perhaps the NHL will rig it so we get Kakko & the positive media story it'll be having Selanne announce the selection of Kakko for the Ducks.

After getting Kakko would you package a few Wingers to acquire a Top Line Center ?

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
I don't really follow my home country league, but as far as I know Kakko was raised playing a center and was only broken in to the league as a winger. And recently I think I've heard he's been playing center.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Who's the underrated pick with the solid to-way game and a low key offensive skillset, that's our guy.

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Who's the underrated pick with the solid to-way game and a low key offensive skillset, that's our guy.

This is what scares me. Ducks get something like 3rd overall and go off the board for a player who "doesn't score a lot of goals but plays on the PK and is defensively responsible". We need game-breaking offensive talent desperately.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
I agree its possible for them to rig it, either magnetic balls or something. Buffalo had like a ton of worst record finishes but has only one 1st overall to show for it & they were obnoxiously tanking all those years like the one where they kept trading goalies cause they played too well.

If the NHL is serious about California Hockey, they'll rig it so the Ducks & Kings get picks 1 & 2.
Perhaps the NHL will rig it so we get Kakko & the positive media story it'll be having Selanne announce the selection of Kakko for the Ducks.

After getting Kakko would you package a few Wingers to acquire a Top Line Center ?
So if we select Kakko second overall, I'd hope we trade one of Fowler/Manson to Florida for their 1st round pick and select Byram (if he's still on the board) or the best center available.

I don't really follow my home country league, but as far as I know Kakko was raised playing a center and was only broken in to the league as a winger. And recently I think I've heard he's been playing center.
It would not surprise me to see Kakko develop into a first line center. He has everything you'd want in a center.

Peyton Krebs.

Reactions: Getzmonster

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
This is what scares me. Ducks get something like 3rd overall and go off the board for a player who "doesn't score a lot of goals but plays on the PK and is defensively responsible". We need game-breaking offensive talent desperately.
Same.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
That’d be Albin Grewe, a 6’0 speedy two way Swedish center playing in the SHL and playing in a checking role but has a sneaky good offensive skill set
Nailed it. I'm guessing we're drafting top five, so hopefully they go with the consensus BPA with the highest ceiling. But you can never rule out those high floor -- low ceiling guys with sneaky upside that our scouts gravitate towards.

Krebs is interesting as well, I'm not sure about his skating though, he might be fast but I can't find much indication either way.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Ducks move to 4th overall pick by LA getting OT loss via Boston.
Ottawa is currently winning 4-1 in their game, we need Ottawa to win every game lol.
Detroit lost but still has a game in hand so they could move the Ducks to 3rd overall if they win their next game.

We have a 9.5% chance at 1st overall. 11.5% if Detroit wins their game in hand !
Tankathon | 2019 NHL Draft Order & Lottery Simulator

Reactions: Opak

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Honest question: how many picks can a team fall at worst upon draft? Like, if we finished second to Last, do we have a top-3 Pick no Matter what?
No more than 3 spots from what i can see. They need to finish with the worst record for a high chance at staying in the top 3.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Honest question: how many picks can a team fall at worst upon draft? Like, if we finished second to Last, do we have a top-3 Pick no Matter what?
Nope. I'm not sure but I think the top 3 can only drop 3 spots? No limit on the rest? I could be totally wrong

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Real talk... I like kakko but hes not going to save our team. Id hate to get 2nd overall pick just to draft kakko

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I think some of you are jumping the gun a little bit. It's not easy losing 9 out of every 10 games the rest of the way. (Of course, if anybody can do it, we can.) Look for Randy to fire the boys up for a meaningless win streak that gets them pick 10-12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad