Prospect Info: 2019 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I read on the athletic 3/4 through the year that Rakell was playing with a wrist injury. Can’t remember who wrote he article but it wasn’t Stephens, maybe Josh Cooper? That basically takes away his one high end talent.
I remember that too... which for a player like rakell is a huge blow. Also dint help that our system sucked under rc, rest of team seem deflated.

I dont think rakell is expected to drive a line like some have suggested... hes more of a compimentary top line winger. He showed enough at end of year w/ steel and silf and with his cap hit im not worried... he ended year with 17 points in 17 games and looked much healthier and engaged. Id be much more worried bout getz

Last edited:

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I remember that too... which for a player like rakell is a huge blow. Also dint help that our system sucked under rc, rest of team seem deflated.

I dont think rakell is expected to drive a line like some have suggested... hes more of a compimentary top line winger. He showed enough at end of year w/ steel and silf and with his cap hit im not worried... he ended year with 17 points in 17 games and looked much healthier and engaged. Id be much more worried bout getz
Imo we have one pick in the top 10 already. We have no idea when that pick will be NHL ready. BM is not in the business of rebuilding. I'm pretty confident that he expects his team to compete for the playoffs next year.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Imo we have one pick in the top 10 already. We have no idea when that pick will be NHL ready. BM is not in the business of rebuilding. I'm pretty confident that he expects his team to compete for the playoffs next year.

If we get a half decent coach and getz and rakell bounce back i dont see why we cant make the playoffs.

Our biggest hole/only hole really is RHD... and the rest of team stayin healthy.

Coach, system and health will fix about 70% of the teams issues

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
What`s the word on Lavoie? Dude has almost twice as more points as the second guy on his team (Morand):

QMJHL – Includes live game day coverage, audio and video clips, exclusive stories, game tickets, stats, standings, schedules and features.

Eligible for this years draft.

He has been an absolute beast in the playoffs. Complete puckhound and not many players can deal with his combination of strength and speed. His shot is ridiculous, he can snipe corners from above the circles and has great awareness about when to move to the net for a tap-in or deflection. His hands are very good and it's hard to take the puck from him when he has it.

The negatives for him are that he's an older player for his draft year so is more developed than the rest of the class, and his size is often too much for junior players (though you could make the argument that a 6'4 winger is big for the NHL as well). His playmaking and passing leave a bit to be desired, often takes the puck and is then determined to use his shot, although that is clearly working for him.

And finally if anyone is wondering how all of this compares to our own big Q goal scorer in Comtois, Comtois is a much better defensive player and more cerebral in all 3 zones. His vision and passing are both better than Lavoie's, and is more of an agitator. Max is the more well rounded offensive threat, although I would give Lavoie a slight edge in terms of his shot.

I like him a lot but he wouldn't be my choice at pick 9, although I wouldn't hate it either.

Edit: Also worth noting that he's a big game player and elevates his game when it matters. He scored so many game winners last season and a bunch were in overtime. Made the U18s last year when he wasn't expected to and had 4 goals in the tournament. He was invited to the U20 camp this year when he wasn't expected to. And now this run in the playoffs after not having the greatest regular season compared to expectations. He's a gamer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Masch78
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad