Prospect Info: 2019 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I think some of you are jumping the gun a little bit. It's not easy losing 9 out of every 10 games the rest of the way. (Of course, if anybody can do it, we can.) Look for Randy to fire the boys up for a meaningless win streak that gets them pick 10-12.
Its 1 thing if your losing 4-3 in OT and being somewhat competitive... but honestly without Gibson playing like Hasek… were not going to win many games. Kesler is done... Getzlaf seems uninterested... perry has just aged too much. Eaves will get bruised from a strong gust of wind. Fowler should have been an ice dancer rather than a hockey player. Henrique too inconsistent, silf isn't exactly a guy that can do it himself, rakell thinks he can do it himself but usually cant. Lindholm just seems more pissed and confused than anyone on the team. And Gibson seems like hes given up.

I think we have a strong recipe for a top 5 pick. were not even close right now... when is the last time we lost by less than 3?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The Speed line: Jones/Hughes/Terry.
If they get another lottery pick via rakell trade: Speed line 2: Comtois/Turcotte/Kase
you have a weird dream bout getting 2nd top 10 pick.

Rakell Getzlaf Terry
Ritchie Hughes Kase
Comtois Henrique Perry/Silfverberg
Jones Grant Perry/Sheerwood

Perry moves down if silf is resigned, if not perry plays 3rd line.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
That was a joke post in response to a joke post. Look up Krebs cycle.
I wasn't being serious nor was i joking. No way they'd run 3 rookies on a like together like Jones/Hughes/Terry plus Hughes/Terry might get shoved around too much.

While i'm at it here's the troll line: Comtois/Perry/Jones lol

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
The Speed line: Jones/Hughes/Terry.
If they get another lottery pick via rakell trade: Speed line 2: Comtois/Turcotte/Kase

I can't remember a team - not just the Ducks - icing a team with so many rookies and sophomores on a regular basis.

Why should a lottery team trade for Rakell?

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Randicap is over, Tankening has begun.

We’re getting Kakko.

Kakko would be great! Button says he plays a center game despite being on the wing. Maybe he will play center here. I'm quite high on Kakko.

Teaford mentioned Bob was scouting in Russia. Podkolzin or something else?

Last edited:

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Kakko would be great! Button says he plays a center game despite being on the wing. Maybe he will play center here. I'm quite high on Kakko.

I would not count on Kakko becoming a center. He's tried to play C this season, but IMO he's better suited to wing.

Very interesting to hear that Bob has been in Russia. Definitely out of character...

EDIT:

I think I figured it out - he must've been at the U18 Five Nations tournament, which was held in Sochi this year. IIRC, the Ducks usually scout the U18 tournaments pretty well...

Steve Kourniakos (The Draft Analyst) wrote some bits about notable prospects that played in the Five Nations. FWIW, Trevor Zegras was apparently the tournament's leading scorer.

EDIT2:

I think I found full game videos on YouTube. Should anyone be interested, they can be found here (click thumbnails with red background and flags).

Last edited:
Reactions: Getzmonster

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I wonder if he’s doing his due diligence on that Podkolzin kid

Still don’t see us taking him

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas

Kakko is fully capable of centering a top-6 line. Whether of not he develops into a center though depends I think on where he plays next season. He's NHL ready and will break into the league as a winger, but does the team that drafts him risk ruining a good thing (Kakko on the wing) to try developing him at center? If a team envisions Kakko as a center, it might be prudent to play him in such a capacity for one more season in the Liiga or in the AHL.

As for GMBM's overseas trip, an Anaheim-related podcast supposedly mentioned BM was in Finland. Other sources have more vaguely said he was in Europe.

Here's a hot take to consider.. I think the gap between Byram and the next tier of defensemen is wider than any gap, if one exists, between the top centers in this draft (excluding Hughes; including Cozens, Dach, Krebs, Turcotte, Zegras, Newhook). Let's say we win the third lottery and trade a defenseman to Florida for their first round pick, which ends up as top-10. I wouldn't be opposed to drafting Byram third overall then selecting the best center available with the second pick. The combination of Byram and Krebs/Turcotte/Newhook might be more valuable in the long run than Cozens/Dach/Zegras and whomever is selected with the second pick.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
I personally think Zegras will be the choice if we pick 3-6. So much to love about him. And he is a Madden type of player imho.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Hughes
Kakko
Dach
Cozens
Turcotte

Thats my top 5

Reactions: AngelDuck

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Xavier Parent would be a good target for a later rounds pick for us imo. Plays with Groulx and Morand so I'm sure our scouts have seen plenty of him. He's undersized but I'm a big fan of his game. He gets buried a bit on a deep Halifax team but plays with pace and is a very good playmaker.

Xavier Simoneau is also a player I absolutely love but I'm not sure if he will be drafted as he's absolutely tiny but he's a buzzsaw on the ice.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Kakko is fully capable of centering a top-6 line. Whether of not he develops into a center though depends I think on where he plays next season. He's NHL ready and will break into the league as a winger, but does the team that drafts him risk ruining a good thing (Kakko on the wing) to try developing him at center? If a team envisions Kakko as a center, it might be prudent to play him in such a capacity for one more season in the Liiga or in the AHL.

As for GMBM's overseas trip, an Anaheim-related podcast supposedly mentioned BM was in Finland. Other sources have more vaguely said he was in Europe.

Here's a hot take to consider.. I think the gap between Byram and the next tier of defensemen is wider than any gap, if one exists, between the top centers in this draft (excluding Hughes; including Cozens, Dach, Krebs, Turcotte, Zegras, Newhook). Let's say we win the third lottery and trade a defenseman to Florida for their first round pick, which ends up as top-10. I wouldn't be opposed to drafting Byram third overall then selecting the best center available with the second pick. The combination of Byram and Krebs/Turcotte/Newhook might be more valuable in the long run than Cozens/Dach/Zegras and whomever is selected with the second pick.
I'll take Byram over Dach Dach Goose anyday. Nearly same goal production as a Defenseman.
Chicago won't pass on Turcotte imo, so it'll be Byram & Krebs.

My top 5:
Hughes/Kakko/Cozens/Turcotte/Byram.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Dach skating "concerns" remind me exactly of some guy in Edmonton not named McDavid that is pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->